You will soon meet a person who will play an important role in your life.

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

SubjectAuthor
* Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released thisLynn McGuire
`* Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be releasedHamish Laws
 +* Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be releasedTitus G
 |`* Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be releasedHamish Laws
 | `* Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be releasedRockinghorse Winner
 |  +- Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be releasedHamish Laws
 |  `* Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be releasedDavid Johnston
 |   `* Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be releasedRobert Carnegie
 |    `* Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this yearScott Lurndal
 |     `- Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be releasedWilliam Hyde
 `* Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be releasedRockinghorse Winner
  `* Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be releasedHamish Laws
   `- Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be releasedpete...@gmail.com

1
Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

<u4lm94$320ei$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=93089&group=rec.arts.sf.written#93089

From: lynnmcguire5@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this
year
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 13:50:08 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 24 May 2023 18:50 UTC

Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this
year. There are two new Tesla cars getting released this year for a
base price of $25,000. He also puts a limit on using Tesla cars in any
Robo Taxi service that is not approved by Tesla. In other words, he is
getting ready to start selling Teslas for use by multiple people where
you and Tesla share in the revenue from the car rental service while you
are not using the car. I would not invest in Avis or Hertz now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chLaPG8MH6k

“Tesla CEO Elon Musk: I’ll say what I want to say, and if we lose money,
so be it”. Wow. Quoted the swordsman from “The Princess Bride” who
upon finding the man who murdered his father told him, “Offer me Money,
Offer me power, I don’t care”. Musk actually sat there and thought
about his answer for 13 seconds before responding. That is a sign of a
great thinker.

He talks bluntly and mostly truthfully about Tesla, Twitter, China
verses Taiwan (conjoined twins), SpaceX, OpenAI, etc. His manner is
this is what I am, deal with with it.

Tesla has 128,000 employees with 20,000 or 30,000 openings that 3.6
million people have applied for. Musk says that it is easier to get
into Harvard than Tesla or SpaceX.

Twitter has dropped from 7,800 people to 1,500 people. When he bought
Twitter, there was $1 billion in the bank and $3 billion in obligations.
He has tried to rehire some of the people that he fired since mistakes
were made. The interviewer remarked that several CEOs have told him
that they are in awe of the workforce reduction. I suspect that Wharton
will be making a business case examination.

Musk said that working at the office is a moral imperative. He said
that making people work at a factory while you work at home is messed
up. He calls the work from home people “The Laptop Class”.

The whole hour plus interview is performed in a couple of cheap plastic
chairs at the Gigafactory in Austin. He does not even have an office
there, he just roams around.

Musk believes that Biden did win the 2020 election. In fact, he voted
for Biden. However, he wants somebody who is competent to run the
country to win next. A random person from the phone book instead of the
faculty of Harvard.

Lynn

Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

<53246495-1da9-425d-80e5-35dc8b958b3cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=93100&group=rec.arts.sf.written#93100

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 18:17:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released
this year
From: hamish.laws@gmail.com (Hamish Laws)
 by: Hamish Laws - Thu, 25 May 2023 01:17 UTC

On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 4:50:17 AM UTC+10, Lynn McGuire wrote:

Musk's pronouncements probably are on topic for r.a.s.w, at least if they're being transcribed

> Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this
> year.

The same thing we do every year pinky...
He's predicted full self driving cars will be happening this year every year since 2014
The opinions of experts is that it's nowhere near and the footage I've seen of recent self driving incidents suggests that's accurate

>There are two new Tesla cars getting released this year for a
> base price of $25,000.

He's announced they're building 2 new models, no release date or price has been specified although they are aimed at a lower price point
The only thing we've actually seen is a silhouette of one of them
Other people are predicting production in 2025 for them but let's not forget that the Cybertruck was announced in 2019 and still isn't in production

> He also puts a limit on using Tesla cars in any
> Robo Taxi service that is not approved by Tesla. In other words, he is
> getting ready to start selling Teslas for use by multiple people where
> you and Tesla share in the revenue from the car rental service while you
> are not using the car. I would not invest in Avis or Hertz now.

Which is dependent upon the autonomous driving being released
Wouldn't put the house on it
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chLaPG8MH6k
>
> “Tesla CEO Elon Musk: I’ll say what I want to say, and if we lose money,
> so be it”. Wow. Quoted the swordsman from “The Princess Bride” who
> upon finding the man who murdered his father told him, “Offer me Money,
> Offer me power, I don’t care”. Musk actually sat there and thought
> about his answer for 13 seconds before responding. That is a sign of a
> great thinker.

Of course the context of the quote was being asked about his antisemitic comments on Soros who he claims is an enemy of humanity

> He talks bluntly and mostly truthfully

What makes you say that he's talking truthfully?

>about Tesla, Twitter, China
> verses Taiwan (conjoined twins), SpaceX, OpenAI, etc. His manner is
> this is what I am, deal with with it.
>
> Tesla has 128,000 employees with 20,000 or 30,000 openings that 3.6
> million people have applied for. Musk says that it is easier to get
> into Harvard than Tesla or SpaceX.

"Musk says" is very different from "it is"

> Twitter has dropped from 7,800 people to 1,500 people. When he bought
> Twitter, there was $1 billion in the bank and $3 billion in obligations.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/twitters-massive-revenue-drop-adds-heavy-debt-burden-2022-11-07/
Twitter had 2.7 billion in cash and 5 billion in debt (presumably much of it long term) before Musk took it over
Musk has added 12.5 to 13 billion to that debt meaning that the annual interest bill of about 1.2 billion is higher than Twitter's revenue for 2021-2022 1.1 billion in the 12 months to June before the takeover, revenue was down 40% since Musk took over as of January
https://www.firstpost.com/world/twitter-revenue-falls-by-more-than-40-per-cent-since-elon-musk-took-12256072.html

Estimates on the debt have it as selling at 30-50% reduction in face value

> He has tried to rehire some of the people that he fired since mistakes
> were made. The interviewer remarked that several CEOs have told him
> that they are in awe of the workforce reduction.

Yeah, CEOs love reducing headcount even if it means you have more out outages, reduced support, more problems doing releases, exposure to massive fines in Germany because of Nazi postings etc.

>I suspect that Wharton will be making a business case examination.

Yes, but possibly not in a favourable way

> Musk said that working at the office is a moral imperative.

Musk says a lot of things, I'm currently working from Hobart Tasmania for a Sydney branch of a worldwide insurance company
Back in 2000 one of the DBAs I worked with in Brisbane worked with us 3 days a week and worked for a company in New Zealand 2 days a week

Some studies have shown increased productivity for WFH compared to work in the office

> He said that making people work at a factory while you work at home is messed up.

But he's fine with forcing people to come to work during a deadly pandemic

>He calls the work from home people “The Laptop Class”.

and he calls people who save children when they're trapped in a cave pedophiles.

> The whole hour plus interview is performed in a couple of cheap plastic
> chairs at the Gigafactory in Austin. He does not even have an office
> there, he just roams around.

Yeah, that's a great sign of productivity and I'm certain everybody else is thrilled when they see him in their area.

> Musk believes that Biden did win the 2020 election. In fact, he voted
> for Biden. However, he wants somebody who is competent to run the
> country to win next.

On what Biden's actually gotten done he's showing a fair amount of competence
Of course it's much harder now with the GOP having a house majority and their priorities being bullshit

>A random person from the phone book instead of the
> faculty of Harvard.

Biden got a BA from the University of Delaware and a Juris Doctor from Syracuse University College of Law
Not exactly Harvard

Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

<u4moo8$3bad1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=93106&group=rec.arts.sf.written#93106

From: noone@nowhere.com (Titus G)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
this year
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 16:38:28 +1200
 by: Titus G - Thu, 25 May 2023 04:38 UTC

On 25/05/23 13:17, Hamish Laws wrote:
> Of course the context of the quote was being asked about his antisemitic comments on Soros who he claims is an enemy of humanity

“Criticism of Soros — who finances the most hostile organizations to the
Jewish people and the state of Israel is anything but anti-Semitism,
quite the opposite!” Israeli Minister Amichai Chikli.
Times of Israel.

Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

<u4mpik$3b2h0$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=93107&group=rec.arts.sf.written#93107

From: Rockinghorse@amgen.com (Rockinghorse Winner)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
this year
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 04:52:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Rockinghorse Winner - Thu, 25 May 2023 04:52 UTC

On 2023-05-25, Hamish Laws <hamish.laws@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> The whole hour plus interview is performed in a couple of cheap plastic
>> chairs at the Gigafactory in Austin. He does not even have an office
>> there, he just roams around.
>
> Yeah, that's a great sign of productivity and I'm certain everybody else is thrilled when they see him in their area.
>>
>> Musk believes that Biden did win the 2020 election. In fact, he voted
>> for Biden. However, he wants somebody who is competent to run the
>> country to win next.
>
> On what Biden's actually gotten done he's showing a fair amount of competence
> Of course it's much harder now with the GOP having a house majority and their priorities being bullshit
>
>>A random person from the phone book instead of the
>> faculty of Harvard.
>
> Biden got a BA from the University of Delaware and a Juris Doctor from Syracuse University College of Law

He also announced in that interview that they will be creating an ad
campaign for the first time, targeted mainly at lower income potential
buyers. He said that many people are unaware of the lower cost offerings
from Tesla, and that the brand has a rep for being 'expensive.' That's what
the ad campaign will try to counter.

--
'Many have sought in vain to tell joyously of the Most Joyous. Now at last It declares
Itself to me, now in this misery.' - Holderlin

Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

<32f820e2-519f-45ab-842f-4765db9f7fd0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=93109&group=rec.arts.sf.written#93109

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 23:38:13 -0700 (PDT)
this year
From: hamish.laws@gmail.com (Hamish Laws)
 by: Hamish Laws - Thu, 25 May 2023 06:38 UTC

On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 2:40:10 PM UTC+10, Titus G wrote:
> On 25/05/23 13:17, Hamish Laws wrote:
> > Of course the context of the quote was being asked about his antisemitic comments on Soros who he claims is an enemy of humanity
> “Criticism of Soros — who finances the most hostile organizations to the
> Jewish people and the state of Israel is anything but anti-Semitism,
> quite the opposite!” Israeli Minister Amichai Chikli.
> Times of Israel.

Criticising Israel for being an apartheid state is not antisemitism
Supporting people Israel is oppressing is not antisemitism

Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

<c090d497-7513-4e27-80d6-62a70de0547an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=93111&group=rec.arts.sf.written#93111

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 23:42:39 -0700 (PDT)
this year
From: hamish.laws@gmail.com (Hamish Laws)
 by: Hamish Laws - Thu, 25 May 2023 06:42 UTC

On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 2:54:39 PM UTC+10, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
> On 2023-05-25, Hamish Laws <hamis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 4:50:17 AM UTC+10, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> >
> > Musk's pronouncements probably are on topic for r.a.s.w, at least if they're being transcribed
> He also announced in that interview that they will be creating an ad
> campaign for the first time, targeted mainly at lower income potential
> buyers. He said that many people are unaware of the lower cost offerings
> from Tesla, and that the brand has a rep for being 'expensive.' That's what
> the ad campaign will try to counter.

Has he told the people doing the adds that's his goal?
The first add is in Singapore where the car will cost US$165,000 due to permitting requirements
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2023/05/tesla-first-commercial-advertises-a-165000-model-3-doesnt-mention-autopilot/

Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

<080a7d39-bac6-42d2-be14-81fd57c58cb3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=93117&group=rec.arts.sf.written#93117

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 07:29:27 -0700 (PDT)
this year
From: petertrei@gmail.com (pete...@gmail.com)
 by: pete...@gmail.com - Thu, 25 May 2023 14:29 UTC

On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 2:42:42 AM UTC-4, Hamish Laws wrote:
> On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 2:54:39 PM UTC+10, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
> > On 2023-05-25, Hamish Laws <hamis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 4:50:17 AM UTC+10, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> > >
> > > Musk's pronouncements probably are on topic for r.a.s.w, at least if they're being transcribed
> > He also announced in that interview that they will be creating an ad
> > campaign for the first time, targeted mainly at lower income potential
> > buyers. He said that many people are unaware of the lower cost offerings
> > from Tesla, and that the brand has a rep for being 'expensive.' That's what
> > the ad campaign will try to counter.
> Has he told the people doing the adds that's his goal?
> The first add is in Singapore where the car will cost US$165,000 due to permitting requirements
> https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2023/05/tesla-first-commercial-advertises-a-165000-model-3-doesnt-mention-autopilot/

Tiny, but rich Singapore is very much a corner case. Tesla has been doing TV ads in China for
some time now. Just not other places.

Pt

Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

<u4o5ce$3jfhr$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=93123&group=rec.arts.sf.written#93123

From: Rockinghorse@amgen.com (Rockinghorse Winner)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
this year
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 17:20:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Rockinghorse Winner - Thu, 25 May 2023 17:20 UTC

On 2023-05-25, Hamish Laws <hamish.laws@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 2:40:10 PM UTC+10, Titus G wrote:
>> On 25/05/23 13:17, Hamish Laws wrote:
>> > Of course the context of the quote was being asked about his antisemitic comments on Soros who he claims is an enemy of humanity
>> “Criticism of Soros — who finances the most hostile organizations to the
>> Jewish people and the state of Israel is anything but anti-Semitism,
>> quite the opposite!” Israeli Minister Amichai Chikli.
>> Times of Israel.
>
> Criticising Israel for being an apartheid state is not antisemitism
> Supporting people Israel is oppressing is not antisemitism

It's true that criticising Israel is not a sufficient reason for accusing
someone of a-s. However, no a-s supports the state of Israel. So, if you are
a member of a club with that number of a-s's, I think that says something.

--
'Many have sought in vain to tell joyously of the Most Joyous. Now at last It declares
Itself to me, now in this misery.' - Holderlin
____
/. \
___________< |___________
\___________ ___________/
\___________ ___________/
\___________ ___________/
| |
^^^ ^^^
_________
| R W |
| (*) |
|____U____|

Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

<5ae17230-826f-4ed9-b5ab-797170babfben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=93132&group=rec.arts.sf.written#93132

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 18:54:01 -0700 (PDT)
this year
From: hamish.laws@gmail.com (Hamish Laws)
 by: Hamish Laws - Fri, 26 May 2023 01:54 UTC

On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 3:20:19 AM UTC+10, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
> On 2023-05-25, Hamish Laws <hamis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> “Criticism of Soros — who finances the most hostile organizations to the
> >> Jewish people and the state of Israel is anything but anti-Semitism,
> >> quite the opposite!” Israeli Minister Amichai Chikli.
> >> Times of Israel.
> >
> > Criticising Israel for being an apartheid state is not antisemitism
> > Supporting people Israel is oppressing is not antisemitism
> >
> It's true that criticising Israel is not a sufficient reason for accusing
> someone of a-s. However, no a-s supports the state of Israel. So, if you are
> a member of a club with that number of a-s's, I think that says something..

Actually quite a few anti-semites support the state of Israel
The fundamentalist fringe groups on the right are largely anti-semites but support Israel because they believe that fulfils biblical prophecy about the end times

Also there is a large difference between "does not support Israel's oppression of the Palestinians" and wants Israel destroyed
But the right wing Israeli government brands any criticism of Israel's actions as anti-semitic.
Criticism of Nazi Germany isn't hatred of Christianity, nor was criticism of Apartheid South Africa.
Criticism of Israeli actions isn't necessarily anti-semitism (some of it is)

Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

<u4r8jr$39n2$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=93163&group=rec.arts.sf.written#93163

From: davidjohnston29@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
this year
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 15:33:47 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Fri, 26 May 2023 21:33 UTC

On 2023-05-25 11:20 a.m., Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
> On 2023-05-25, Hamish Laws <hamish.laws@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> “Criticism of Soros — who finances the most hostile organizations to the
>>> Jewish people and the state of Israel is anything but anti-Semitism,
>>> quite the opposite!” Israeli Minister Amichai Chikli.
>>> Times of Israel.
>>
>> Criticising Israel for being an apartheid state is not antisemitism
>> Supporting people Israel is oppressing is not antisemitism
>>

> It's true that criticising Israel is not a sufficient reason for accusing
> someone of a-s. However, no a-s supports the state of Israel.

Wrong. There are people who fully believe in the Jewish Conspiracy to
Control The World, who still support the state of Israel so Jesus can
return.

Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

<ba628fc8-d185-414e-8750-acb4941c0d2en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=93176&group=rec.arts.sf.written#93176

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 05:05:29 -0700 (PDT)
this year
From: rja.carnegie@excite.com (Robert Carnegie)
 by: Robert Carnegie - Sat, 27 May 2023 12:05 UTC

On Friday, 26 May 2023 at 22:35:14 UTC+1, David Johnston wrote:
> On 2023-05-25 11:20 a.m., Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
> >>
> >> Criticising Israel for being an apartheid state is not antisemitism
> >> Supporting people Israel is oppressing is not antisemitism
> >>

> > It's true that criticising Israel is not a sufficient reason for accusing
> > someone of a-s. However, no a-s supports the state of Israel.
> Wrong. There are people who fully believe in the Jewish Conspiracy to
> Control The World, who still support the state of Israel so Jesus can
> return.

Or who just want Jews to be "there" and not "here".
I've seen a claim that Adolf Hitler at least once proposed
that in a public speech, but I can't readily check that,
let alone whether he meant it or whether it matters.

Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

<6SocM.254903$LAYb.182918@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=93181&group=rec.arts.sf.written#93181

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Subject: Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 14:56:02 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Sat, 27 May 2023 14:56 UTC

Robert Carnegie <rja.carnegie@excite.com> writes:
>On Friday, 26 May 2023 at 22:35:14 UTC+1, David Johnston wrote:
>> On 2023-05-25 11:20 a.m., Rockinghorse Winner wrote:=20
>> > On 2023-05-25, Hamish Laws <hamis...@gmail.com> wrote:=20
>=20
>itic comments on Soros who he claims is an enemy of humanity=20
>rganizations to the=20
>=20
>> >=20
>> > It's true that criticising Israel is not a sufficient reason for accusi=
>ng=20
>> > someone of a-s. However, no a-s supports the state of Israel.
>> Wrong. There are people who fully believe in the Jewish Conspiracy to=20
>> Control The World, who still support the state of Israel so Jesus can=20
>> return.
>
>Or who just want Jews to be "there" and not "here".

Which was part of the basis of Lord Balfour's declaration in 1917
that ultimately led to the creation of the modern state of Israel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration

Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year

<8e776a5f-e5ab-4361-92ca-3ca069e57b90n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=93185&group=rec.arts.sf.written#93185

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 11:29:15 -0700 (PDT)
this year
From: wthyde1953@gmail.com (William Hyde)
 by: William Hyde - Sat, 27 May 2023 18:29 UTC

On Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 10:56:07 AM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Robert Carnegie <rja.ca...@excite.com> writes:
> >On Friday, 26 May 2023 at 22:35:14 UTC+1, David Johnston wrote:
> >> On 2023-05-25 11:20 a.m., Rockinghorse Winner wrote:=20
> >=20
> >itic comments on Soros who he claims is an enemy of humanity=20
> >rganizations to the=20
> >=20
> >ng=20
> >> Wrong. There are people who fully believe in the Jewish Conspiracy to=20
> >> Control The World, who still support the state of Israel so Jesus can=20
> >> return.
> >
> >Or who just want Jews to be "there" and not "here".
> Which was part of the basis of Lord Balfour's declaration in 1917
> that ultimately led to the creation of the modern state of Israel.

Though at the time he was plain Mr Balfour. He did not accept a title
until his active political career was over, being canny enough to know
which was the dog and which was the tail.

Speaking of which, the first derogatory use of "poodle" that I have come
across is "Mr Balfour's Poodle" a reference to the House of Lords which
was blocking Liberal legislation at the behest, allegedly, of the opposition
leader, Mr B. when the liberals had their last great majority in parliament..

The phrase is also the title of an excellent book by Roy Jenkins on that
particular crisis.

William Hyde

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / Re: Musk says the Tesla Autonomous Driving Software may be released this year