From: liambhart@gmail.com (Swivelbot)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Upcoming Target Legacy multipack
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 02:37:08 +0000
 by: Swivelbot - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 02:37 UTC

Hot off the heels of Zob's review of the Autobots Stand United 5 Pack, we have a leaked Multipack containing 4 figures, 2 of them being retools and 2 being redecoes.

HITHERTO UNNAMED TARANTULAS REDECO

I've checked around but I can't seem to find any reason for this redeco, the deco itself doesn't match any colours I recognize, but I'm sure they're based on something and that you people can find them because you are all way smarter than me.

That being said, is the deco good at all? I don't particularly like it. It might be because I'm not always a fan of Orange in general (Some Oranges are good, others are awful) or it might be that I REALLY like Tarantula's BW show colours (I love purple) much like what I said about the Reactivate Starscream jet mode
"It just isn't hitting right"

CYBERVERSE TARN

I did like Cyberverse, it moved at a clip, it was snappy, And I liked the ending involving Tarn.

What I did not expect was for this version of Tarn to get a figure. the figure in question is essentially just the original Legacy Tarn with some different paint, strangely some aspects of the paint leave the figure less accurate to the Cyberverse show, the Cyberverse version of Tarn had large scars and a missing arm (the arm is totally justifiable, how else will he transform?) but the scars seem to be gone completely.

Probably the least interesting figure in the set.

G1 SQUEEZEPLAY

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about Squeezeplay, only that he exists and that he does not matter.

He's a Titans Return Mindwipe retool which was never an amazing figure and redoing it as a different robot animal doesn't always work. his beast mode looks a tad clumsy and the small legs really hurt it.

They've used this mold six times now, which does get me a little worried about Mold Degradation.

PRIME CLIFFJUMPER

Prime Cliffjumper is probably my favourite Cliffjumper (or at least he would have been if he didn't die in the FIRST EPISODE!) and the Rescue Bots Chase mold was clearly a pretool for him, And I love Rescue Bots.

In terms of appearance, he is probably the most accurate Prime Universe figure in all of Legacy, head works great on the body, and the Muscle Car mode is spot on, however the accessories rub me the wrong way,
a large part of Prime Cliffjumper's identity is his twin triple-barrel cannons, however the figure comes with one of these weapons due to it's nature as a retool, and when you assemble the gun you have a spare hook just laying around.

I like it, but I'm not blown away.

Which honestly could sum up the whole set, I'll probably skip this since it isn't interesting enough for me personally.

Not like I'd be able to anyway since Target doesn't exist here in the Goose-filled lands of Canada.

Swivelbot (Those Americans have the weirdest exclusives)

Re: Upcoming Target Legacy multipack

<f3797a1f1ab58454c08b63b733139f2e@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9367&group=alt.toys.transformers#9367

From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: Upcoming Target Legacy multipack
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 03:34:30 +0000
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 03:34 UTC

Swivelbot wrote:

> Hot off the heels of Zob's review of the Autobots Stand United 5 Pack, we have a leaked Multipack containing 4 figures, 2 of them being retools and 2 being redecoes.

Oh! Was just going to post about this.

> HITHERTO UNNAMED TARANTULAS REDECO

> I've checked around but I can't seem to find any reason for this redeco, the deco itself doesn't match any colours I recognize, but I'm sure they're based on something and that you people can find them because you are all way smarter than me.

So it's actually a deco based on the original planned color scheme for Tarantulas. He was orange for the prototype version, which appears in cross-sell photos as well as his box art.

https://www.transformerland.com/wiki/toy-info/transformers-beast-wars-deluxe-class-tarantulas/4719/

> That being said, is the deco good at all? I don't particularly like it.

In some ways it makes sense, since they already did a "box art" version of Blackarachnia. There really aren't too many other ways to reuse the existing Tarantulas toy, if they are sticking to existing heritage redeco ideas. But, it's certainly not a vital additon to anybody's collection. It's Cash Grab Tarantulas.

> CYBERVERSE TARN

> Probably the least interesting figure in the set.

Tarn does nothing for me. I'll be selling off mine.

> G1 SQUEEZEPLAY

> I'm not going to pretend I know anything about Squeezeplay, only that he exists and that he does not matter.

There isn't much to know about him, honestly. He was a bit more prominent as Cancer when he appeared in Masterforce. But the U.S. character hardly did anything of note in the Marvel comic book. He just sort of existed.

> He's a Titans Return Mindwipe retool which was never an amazing figure and redoing it as a different robot animal doesn't always work. his beast mode looks a tad clumsy and the small legs really hurt it.

So, I had actually not recognized the Mindwipe recycling. Good eye. Just about the only parts that look familiar to me are the legs in creature mode. I don't like the short, stubby legs either. He was originally a crab monster, and he had a great set of crouching legs, poised like he was ready to leap into action. This new version looks like he waddles around like a drunken E.T. or something.

But, I always love when they update a G1 character who hasn't gotten a neo-G1 update yet. Fangry needs somebody to pal around with!

> PRIME CLIFFJUMPER

> I like it, but I'm not blown away.

I never got into Transformers: Prime, so the character means nothing to me. I'd sell him off, too, most likely.

At $80.00 USD, you're only paying twenty bucks per toy, which is nice. Which means I guess I'm paying eighty dollars for Squeezeplay...

Zob (it feels like Fangry all over again)

Re: Upcoming Target Legacy multipack

<uu3t85$3k7sa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9368&group=alt.toys.transformers#9368

From: Travoltron@fakeemail.com (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 07:01:35 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 14:01 UTC

Here's the link.
https://www.target.com/p/transformers-legacy-united-action-figure-set-4pk-target-exclusive/-/A-89629499#lnk=sametab

It sucks having to pay $80 for Squeezeplay.

Re: Upcoming Target Legacy multipack

<e5cd13811ebc49883bc99845811e7bd4@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9369&group=alt.toys.transformers#9369

From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 20:45:37 +0000
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 20:45 UTC

Travoltron wrote:

> It sucks having to pay $80 for Squeezeplay.

They are running a promotion where you can get $20 off if you spent $75 or more on toys, so I got mine for closer to $60 instead of $80.

Zob (hey, twenty bucks is twenty bucks)