I call them as I see them. If I can't see them, I make them up. -- Biff Barf

arts / alt.tv.survivor / Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

SubjectAuthor
* S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)Brian Smith
`* S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)zeppo
 +- S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)shawn
 `* S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)zeppo
  `* S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)Brian Smith
   +* S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)shawn
   |`* S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)Brian Smith
   | `* S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)shawn
   |  `* S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)zeppo
   |   `* S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)Brian Smith
   |    `- S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)zeppo
   `* S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)zeppo
    `- S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)Brian Smith

1
S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

<67ec63d5-70fc-40ec-bd69-b9111e46ce3cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=926&group=alt.tv.survivor#926

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 19:53:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)
From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Thu, 4 May 2023 02:53 UTC

Tonight's episode is titled "Full Tilt Boogie." I'll be watching later--need to prepare myself emotionally first for when they get their letters from home.

--
Brian

Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

<0007b4d1-076b-4d3f-afc8-79a7387eb213n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=927&group=alt.tv.survivor#927

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 22:22:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)
From: rgibbs%telus.net@gtempaccount.com (zeppo)
 by: zeppo - Thu, 4 May 2023 05:22 UTC

On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 7:53:44 PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:
> Tonight's episode is titled "Full Tilt Boogie." I'll be watching later--need to prepare myself emotionally first for when they get their letters from home.

Ha! I fast forwarded through most of the "letters" stuff, but did watch the part which focused on Lauren's back story. That was actually pretty interesting.

Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

<llq75ilatuk6smc4ik2qeog3gklbk0pt4b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=928&group=alt.tv.survivor#928

From: nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 13:26:34 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 4 May 2023 17:26 UTC

On Wed, 3 May 2023 22:22:11 -0700 (PDT), zeppo
<rgibbs%telus.net@gtempaccount.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 7:53:44?PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:
>> Tonight's episode is titled "Full Tilt Boogie." I'll be watching later--need to prepare myself emotionally first for when they get their letters from home.
>
>Ha! I fast forwarded through most of the "letters" stuff, but did watch the part which focused on Lauren's back story. That was actually pretty interesting.

Those letters sections are always time to take a bathroom break.

Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

<b716760c-5a0e-45fd-9244-16c12f7c56a3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=929&group=alt.tv.survivor#929

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 12:05:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: rgibbs%telus.net@gtempaccount.com (zeppo)
 by: zeppo - Thu, 4 May 2023 19:05 UTC

> On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 7:53:44 PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:
>Tonight's episode is titled "Full Tilt Boogie."

Given the hilarity with which the youngsters responded to Probst's use of the term "full tilt boogie", some historical context might be helpful.
There is actually a documentary with that title (which I have not seen) which is about the production of the film "From Dawn Till Dusk". However,
there was also a "Full Tilt Boogie Band" that toured with Janis Joplin in 1970. It turned out to be her last, and IMO, her best backing band. I'm
assuming that Probst got the term from the movie.

At the beginning of the episode, it was implied that Frannie had been relying on Danny to let her know who to vote for at the E09 TC. When
the the former Soka and Tika members settled on Kane, nobody bothered to tell her. IMO, this incident summarizes Frannie's Survivor experience
very succinctly...nice person, fierce competitor, no relationships after Matt was booted.

I know that there was a tremendous amount of negotiating and planning that occurred on the day of the TC that we weren't shown, but, IMO, what
we did see looked a little f---ed up. The story that we were being told seemed to be that Danny was pushing hard for the vote to be for Frannie,
even to the point of pitching it to Lauren and Jaime. Once Carson came onside, pulling the always obedient Yammy behind him, it was a done deal.
The thing that bothers me is that we didn't see anybody, with the exception of Carolyn, questioning why Danny wanted Frannie out so badly. None
of them seemed to consider the fact that she was the only remaining player who stood a chance of consistently beating Danny at challenges. Lauren,
Jaime, Yum, and Carson may end up deeply regretting their votes if Danny goes on an immunity run, and ends up winning the game. I realize that he
is not great at puzzles and that there are challenges that do not favour his body type, but, with Frannie gone, there is nobody left who can compete
with him physically.

I found Carson and Carolyn's decision making in this episode, at least what was shown in the choppy edit, to be exasperating. I don't really understand why
Carson wants to stay so close to Danny at this point in the game. When he suggested to Carolyn and Frannie that pulling six votes together and splitting them
between Danny and Jaime might be a good plan, I knew that he was misleading them. First of all, he knew that he wouldn't be able to get six votes, and secondly
voting for Jaime was not something that was being seriously considered by anybody, and was only suggested in the edit to mislead the viewers. It seemed pretty
clear, based on recent behaviour, that Carson was going to vote with Danny no matter what he told anybody else. Carolyn, OTOH, really spun off the rails in this
episode. How she got from accurately identifying Danny as the most dangerous player left in the game to pitching a vote for Heidi (of all people) to Jaime and
Lauren was almost as crazy as Yammy wearing his newly acquired eyeglasses to the immunity challenge. :-)

Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

<1a481408-8f44-4b33-a866-2d2450dfaa8bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=930&group=alt.tv.survivor#930

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 23:13:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Fri, 5 May 2023 06:13 UTC

On Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 1:05:36 PM UTC-6, zeppo wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 7:53:44 PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:
> >Tonight's episode is titled "Full Tilt Boogie."
> Given the hilarity with which the youngsters responded to Probst's use of the term "full tilt boogie", some historical context might be helpful.
> There is actually a documentary with that title (which I have not seen) which is about the production of the film "From Dawn Till Dusk". However,
> there was also a "Full Tilt Boogie Band" that toured with Janis Joplin in 1970. It turned out to be her last, and IMO, her best backing band. I'm
> assuming that Probst got the term from the movie.

It's been ages since an episode title has come from something Jeff said.

> At the beginning of the episode, it was implied that Frannie had been relying on Danny to let her know who to vote for at the E09 TC. When
> the the former Soka and Tika members settled on Kane, nobody bothered to tell her. IMO, this incident summarizes Frannie's Survivor experience
> very succinctly...nice person, fierce competitor, no relationships after Matt was booted.

We've all said numerous times that Frannie's showmance with Matt was not good for her game. This episode proved it.

> I know that there was a tremendous amount of negotiating and planning that occurred on the day of the TC that we weren't shown, but, IMO, what
> we did see looked a little f---ed up. The story that we were being told seemed to be that Danny was pushing hard for the vote to be for Frannie,
> even to the point of pitching it to Lauren and Jaime. Once Carson came onside, pulling the always obedient Yammy behind him, it was a done deal.
> The thing that bothers me is that we didn't see anybody, with the exception of Carolyn, questioning why Danny wanted Frannie out so badly. None
> of them seemed to consider the fact that she was the only remaining player who stood a chance of consistently beating Danny at challenges. Lauren,
> Jaime, Yum, and Carson may end up deeply regretting their votes if Danny goes on an immunity run, and ends up winning the game. I realize that he
> is not great at puzzles and that there are challenges that do not favour his body type, but, with Frannie gone, there is nobody left who can compete
> with him physically.

Danny must be a lot more persuasive than the edit is letting on. With 42 seasons of the game to study from these people should know that comp beasting your way to the end from F8 has never happened and likely never will. They took the wrong person out but kudos to Danny for convincing them otherwise..

> I found Carson and Carolyn's decision making in this episode, at least what was shown in the choppy edit, to be exasperating. I don't really understand why
> Carson wants to stay so close to Danny at this point in the game. When he suggested to Carolyn and Frannie that pulling six votes together and splitting them
> between Danny and Jaime might be a good plan, I knew that he was misleading them. First of all, he knew that he wouldn't be able to get six votes, and secondly
> voting for Jaime was not something that was being seriously considered by anybody, and was only suggested in the edit to mislead the viewers. It seemed pretty
> clear, based on recent behaviour, that Carson was going to vote with Danny no matter what he told anybody else. Carolyn, OTOH, really spun off the rails in this
> episode. How she got from accurately identifying Danny as the most dangerous player left in the game to pitching a vote for Heidi (of all people) to Jaime and
> Lauren was almost as crazy as Yammy wearing his newly acquired eyeglasses to the immunity challenge. :-)

This was a hard episode to understand due to sloppy editing. For example, did Danny really not tell Heidi who was with him on getting Frannie out? What purpose is being served by making Jaime look like a fool? Is she going to go out looking like a dumbass?

Some comments from me:

--What horrible timing for Frannie for that first challenge to be just for Reward! If she had won immunity I think Danny would have been booted.

--Is anyone getting a winner's edit? Could Heidi end up winning with a very disguised edit? Her edit is good but not that of a winner as far as I'm concerned.

--This is a funny story that Frannie told Dalton. If they go to 90 minute episodes it would be nice if they included stuff like this.

https://twitter.com/DaltonRoss/status/1654158986881511424

--
Brian

Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

<f1o95it5flpp31uuhv93t964cp36uj6k8e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=931&group=alt.tv.survivor#931

From: nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 05 May 2023 07:00:08 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 5 May 2023 11:00 UTC

On Thu, 4 May 2023 23:13:28 -0700 (PDT), Brian Smith
<dcg_brian@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 1:05:36?PM UTC-6, zeppo wrote:
>> > On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 7:53:44?PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:
>> >Tonight's episode is titled "Full Tilt Boogie."
>> Given the hilarity with which the youngsters responded to Probst's use of the term "full tilt boogie", some historical context might be helpful.
>> There is actually a documentary with that title (which I have not seen) which is about the production of the film "From Dawn Till Dusk". However,
>> there was also a "Full Tilt Boogie Band" that toured with Janis Joplin in 1970. It turned out to be her last, and IMO, her best backing band. I'm
>> assuming that Probst got the term from the movie.
>
>It's been ages since an episode title has come from something Jeff said.
>
>> At the beginning of the episode, it was implied that Frannie had been relying on Danny to let her know who to vote for at the E09 TC. When
>> the the former Soka and Tika members settled on Kane, nobody bothered to tell her. IMO, this incident summarizes Frannie's Survivor experience
>> very succinctly...nice person, fierce competitor, no relationships after Matt was booted.
>
>We've all said numerous times that Frannie's showmance with Matt was not good for her game. This episode proved it.

Sadly it's all too true. Not that it had to be the case as she could
still have worked on developing relationships with others in addition
to Matt. Sadly it looks like she didn't do that.

>> I know that there was a tremendous amount of negotiating and planning that occurred on the day of the TC that we weren't shown, but, IMO, what
>> we did see looked a little f---ed up. The story that we were being told seemed to be that Danny was pushing hard for the vote to be for Frannie,
>> even to the point of pitching it to Lauren and Jaime. Once Carson came onside, pulling the always obedient Yammy behind him, it was a done deal.
>> The thing that bothers me is that we didn't see anybody, with the exception of Carolyn, questioning why Danny wanted Frannie out so badly. None
>> of them seemed to consider the fact that she was the only remaining player who stood a chance of consistently beating Danny at challenges. Lauren,
>> Jaime, Yum, and Carson may end up deeply regretting their votes if Danny goes on an immunity run, and ends up winning the game. I realize that he
>> is not great at puzzles and that there are challenges that do not favour his body type, but, with Frannie gone, there is nobody left who can compete
>> with him physically.
>
>Danny must be a lot more persuasive than the edit is letting on. With 42 seasons of the game to study
>from these people should know that comp beasting your way to the end from F8 has never happened
>and likely never will. They took the wrong person out but kudos to Danny for convincing them otherwise.

While true the overall reaction is due to the "anyone but me" thought
that is going on in their minds. So while ideally they should be
worrying about someone like Danny getting too far in the game as one
of the other players brought up, but the idea of going after Danny
didn't go to far.

>> I found Carson and Carolyn's decision making in this episode, at least what was shown in the choppy edit, to be exasperating. I don't really understand why
>> Carson wants to stay so close to Danny at this point in the game. When he suggested to Carolyn and Frannie that pulling six votes together and splitting them
>> between Danny and Jaime might be a good plan, I knew that he was misleading them. First of all, he knew that he wouldn't be able to get six votes, and secondly
>> voting for Jaime was not something that was being seriously considered by anybody, and was only suggested in the edit to mislead the viewers. It seemed pretty
>> clear, based on recent behaviour, that Carson was going to vote with Danny no matter what he told anybody else. Carolyn, OTOH, really spun off the rails in this
>> episode. How she got from accurately identifying Danny as the most dangerous player left in the game to pitching a vote for Heidi (of all people) to Jaime and
>> Lauren was almost as crazy as Yammy wearing his newly acquired eyeglasses to the immunity challenge. :-)
>
>This was a hard episode to understand due to sloppy editing. For example, did Danny really not tell
>Heidi who was with him on getting Frannie out? What purpose is being served by making Jaime look
>like a fool? Is she going to go out looking like a dumbass?
>
>Some comments from me:
>
>--What horrible timing for Frannie for that first challenge to be just for Reward! If she had won immunity I think Danny would have been booted.
>
>--Is anyone getting a winner's edit? Could Heidi end up winning with a very disguised edit? Her edit is good but not that of a winner as far as I'm concerned.
>
>--This is a funny story that Frannie told Dalton. If they go to 90 minute episodes it would be nice if they included stuff like this.
>
>https://twitter.com/DaltonRoss/status/1654158986881511424

That's after the game so I don't know that it would be included.
Certainly they aren't going to show the drone footage of them naked
and pooping in the ocean.

Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

<9e22f642-c3e7-4867-b742-1bc0baf0f110n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=932&group=alt.tv.survivor#932

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 5 May 2023 13:50:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: rgibbs%telus.net@gtempaccount.com (zeppo)
 by: zeppo - Fri, 5 May 2023 20:50 UTC

On Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 11:13:30 PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:

> Danny must be a lot more persuasive than the edit is letting on. With 42 seasons of the game to study from these people should know that comp beasting your way to the end from F8 has >never happened and likely never will. They took the wrong person out but kudos to Danny for convincing them otherwise.

Danny played it very smart by going to Laurel and Jaime first. When those two women found out that Danny was going after somebody other
than them, they were so relieved that they were ready to do whatever he wanted. However, I still don't understand how Carson and Yammy benefit
as a result of Frannie no longer being in the game.

> This was a hard episode to understand due to sloppy editing. For example, did Danny really not tell Heidi who was with him on getting Frannie out?

Yes, that was a really obvious jump cut. Heidi asked the question...and suddenly Danny was telling her he didn't need her vote to get Frannie out.
He obviously said something else in between.

>What purpose is being served by making Jaime look like a fool?

Jaime has looked like a fool since E01 when she played her SITD instead of voting. She's probably not as stupid as she has been portrayed, but the
things that she says in confessionals really make me wonder. FWIW, Frannie told Dalton Ross that nobody that she spoke to was seriously considering
voting for Jaime based on the perception that she had lied about her immunity bracelet leaving the game with Kane. The plan which involved splitting
votes between Danny and Jaime was a misdirection initiated by Carson.

>Is anyone getting a winner's edit? Could Heidi end up winning with a very disguised edit? Her edit is good but not that of a winner as far as I'm concerned.

Heidi's edit turned in E10. She was shown as "being on the outs" with her long time ally, mistrusted by some of the other players, and being out of
the loop when it came to the vote. She still stands a decent chance of getting past F5, but there is no way that she wins the game IMO.

If Danny can get to F3 (which will be tough for him to do) he will win against any other two players. He is definitely an abrasive guy, but, IMO, has played
a flawless game so far, including the boldest TC move this season. He will be able to explain and defend his game in front of the jury, and should win in
a blow out vote. Convincing the others to vote out Frannie was a key move, as it gives him a legitimate chance of winning a string of immunities down the
stretch.

Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

<9168d101-bcd5-41d5-bd41-b6452d09de56n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=933&group=alt.tv.survivor#933

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 5 May 2023 21:10:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Sat, 6 May 2023 04:10 UTC

On Friday, May 5, 2023 at 5:00:11 AM UTC-6, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 4 May 2023 23:13:28 -0700 (PDT), Brian Smith
> <dcg_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> I know that there was a tremendous amount of negotiating and planning that occurred on the day of the TC that we weren't shown, but, IMO, what
> >> we did see looked a little f---ed up. The story that we were being told seemed to be that Danny was pushing hard for the vote to be for Frannie,
> >> even to the point of pitching it to Lauren and Jaime. Once Carson came onside, pulling the always obedient Yammy behind him, it was a done deal.
> >> The thing that bothers me is that we didn't see anybody, with the exception of Carolyn, questioning why Danny wanted Frannie out so badly. None
> >> of them seemed to consider the fact that she was the only remaining player who stood a chance of consistently beating Danny at challenges. Lauren,
> >> Jaime, Yum, and Carson may end up deeply regretting their votes if Danny goes on an immunity run, and ends up winning the game. I realize that he
> >> is not great at puzzles and that there are challenges that do not favour his body type, but, with Frannie gone, there is nobody left who can compete
> >> with him physically.
> >
> >Danny must be a lot more persuasive than the edit is letting on. With 42 seasons of the game to study
> >from these people should know that comp beasting your way to the end from F8 has never happened
> >and likely never will. They took the wrong person out but kudos to Danny for convincing them otherwise.
> While true the overall reaction is due to the "anyone but me" thought
> that is going on in their minds. So while ideally they should be
> worrying about someone like Danny getting too far in the game as one
> of the other players brought up, but the idea of going after Danny
> didn't go to far.

Not only are they not concerned about him they seem to want to work with him other than Carolyn.

> >Some comments from me:
> >--This is a funny story that Frannie told Dalton. If they go to 90 minute episodes it would be nice if they included stuff like this.
> >
> >https://twitter.com/DaltonRoss/status/1654158986881511424
> That's after the game so I don't know that it would be included.
> Certainly they aren't going to show the drone footage of them naked
> and pooping in the ocean.

I'm pretty sure that was in the game. Why would they tell them to stay at least 10 feet apart and not to talk strategy if the game was over?

--
Brian

Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

<03d07944-118a-45cb-8b62-64a9a4e6e496n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=934&group=alt.tv.survivor#934

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 02:54:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Sat, 6 May 2023 09:54 UTC

On Friday, May 5, 2023 at 2:50:43 PM UTC-6, zeppo wrote:
> On Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 11:13:30 PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:
>
> > Danny must be a lot more persuasive than the edit is letting on. With 42 seasons of the game to study from these people should know that comp beasting your way to the end from F8 has >never happened and likely never will. They took the wrong person out but kudos to Danny for convincing them otherwise.
> Danny played it very smart by going to Laurel and Jaime first. When those two women found out that Danny was going after somebody other
> than them, they were so relieved that they were ready to do whatever he wanted. However, I still don't understand how Carson and Yammy benefit
> as a result of Frannie no longer being in the game.

They bought into the myth that Frannie's an unstoppable challenge beast. I also think Frannie scared Carson intellectually. The rest of the players left he probably sees as intellectually weaker than himself other than Frannie.

> >What purpose is being served by making Jaime look like a fool?
> Jaime has looked like a fool since E01 when she played her SITD instead of voting. She's probably not as stupid as she has been portrayed, but the
> things that she says in confessionals really make me wonder. FWIW, Frannie told Dalton Ross that nobody that she spoke to was seriously considering
> voting for Jaime based on the perception that she had lied about her immunity bracelet leaving the game with Kane. The plan which involved splitting
> votes between Danny and Jaime was a misdirection initiated by Carson.

Speaking of SITDs, did Frannie say why she didn't play hers?

Did you see this bonus clip of Danny finding Brandon's fake idol and thinking it's real until he talks to Jaime? I wonder if that played a role in her not being targeted?

https://youtu.be/sgdBSlKNMVY

> >Is anyone getting a winner's edit? Could Heidi end up winning with a very disguised edit? Her edit is good but not that of a winner as far as I'm concerned.
> Heidi's edit turned in E10. She was shown as "being on the outs" with her long time ally, mistrusted by some of the other players, and being out of
> the loop when it came to the vote. She still stands a decent chance of getting past F5, but there is no way that she wins the game IMO.
>
> If Danny can get to F3 (which will be tough for him to do) he will win against any other two players. He is definitely an abrasive guy, but, IMO, has played
> a flawless game so far, including the boldest TC move this season. He will be able to explain and defend his game in front of the jury, and should win in
> a blow out vote. Convincing the others to vote out Frannie was a key move, as it gives him a legitimate chance of winning a string of immunities down the
> stretch.

His jury management could be his Achilles heel. Do you remember the reward feast he got to go on with Brandon and Carolyn earlier in the season? He and Brandon made it very clear they were all about the bros and really pissed off Carolyn. We also know Lauren has issues with him. If they're both on the jury they could convince the females not to vote for him. Kane could also be bitter. I agree that Danny's played the best game so far and deserves to win but to improve his odds he needs to take Yam Yam and Jaime with him to the end. Yam Yam is horrible at presenting his case and the others don't respect Jaime as a gameplayer.

--
Brian

Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

<apfd5ip0jm4r21g1jritg47k00pou06euc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=935&group=alt.tv.survivor#935

From: nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 16:58:59 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 6 May 2023 20:58 UTC

On Fri, 5 May 2023 21:10:23 -0700 (PDT), Brian Smith
<dcg_brian@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, May 5, 2023 at 5:00:11?AM UTC-6, shawn wrote:
>> On Thu, 4 May 2023 23:13:28 -0700 (PDT), Brian Smith
>> <dcg_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> >Danny must be a lot more persuasive than the edit is letting on. With 42 seasons of the game to study
>> >from these people should know that comp beasting your way to the end from F8 has never happened
>> >and likely never will. They took the wrong person out but kudos to Danny for convincing them otherwise.
>> While true the overall reaction is due to the "anyone but me" thought
>> that is going on in their minds. So while ideally they should be
>> worrying about someone like Danny getting too far in the game as one
>> of the other players brought up, but the idea of going after Danny
>> didn't go to far.
>
>Not only are they not concerned about him they seem to want to work with him other than Carolyn.
>

>> >Some comments from me:
>> >--This is a funny story that Frannie told Dalton. If they go to 90 minute episodes it would be nice if they included stuff like this.
>> >
>> >https://twitter.com/DaltonRoss/status/1654158986881511424
>> That's after the game so I don't know that it would be included.
>> Certainly they aren't going to show the drone footage of them naked
>> and pooping in the ocean.
>
>I'm pretty sure that was in the game. Why would they tell them to stay at least 10 feet apart and not to talk strategy if the game was over?

I meant the clip of Frannie talking about it. I don't see them
starting to show footage of people reminiscing about the game while it
is still going on. I also don't think they are going to show people
pooping. The closest we ever got was Bruce in their outhouse but that
was because he used it as a drinking spot (as I recall.)

Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

<1e4bd0e1-fee7-4d47-af83-c2aeb2e0d294n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=936&group=alt.tv.survivor#936

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 17:31:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: rgibbs%telus.net@gtempaccount.com (zeppo)
 by: zeppo - Sun, 7 May 2023 00:31 UTC

On Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 1:59:02 PM UTC-7, shawn wrote:

> I also don't think they are going to show people
> pooping. The closest we ever got was Bruce in their outhouse but that
> was because he used it as a drinking spot (as I recall.)

Bruce definitely had some plumbing problems in S12, but it was actually a guy named Bobby Mason
(sometimes referred to as "The Bob Dawg", or occasionally as "The Deuceman") who defecated in his
tribe's outhouse (which they'd planned to use as a wood shed).

Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

<78d98ea7-ff07-4303-8a8b-bb8b8bb66740n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=937&group=alt.tv.survivor#937

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 18:05:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Sun, 7 May 2023 01:05 UTC

On Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 6:31:07 PM UTC-6, zeppo wrote:
> On Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 1:59:02 PM UTC-7, shawn wrote:
>
> > I also don't think they are going to show people
> > pooping. The closest we ever got was Bruce in their outhouse but that
> > was because he used it as a drinking spot (as I recall.)
> Bruce definitely had some plumbing problems in S12, but it was actually a guy named Bobby Mason
> (sometimes referred to as "The Bob Dawg", or occasionally as "The Deuceman") who defecated in his
> tribe's outhouse (which they'd planned to use as a wood shed).

What season was that? I'm drawing a complete blank on such an incident.

--
Brian

Re: S44 Ep10 Spoliers and Comments (5/3/2023)

<892019af-0f58-465a-aeba-ae2031159eb2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=938&group=alt.tv.survivor#938

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 10:36:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: rgibbs%telus.net@gtempaccount.com (zeppo)
 by: zeppo - Sun, 7 May 2023 17:36 UTC

On Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 6:05:39 PM UTC-7, Brian Smith wrote:

> What season was that? I'm drawing a complete blank on such an incident.

S12 AKA Survivor Panama AKA Survivor: Exile Island.

The "Bob Dawg in the wood shed" incident took place very early in the season, so many viewers have forgotten about it,
or else confuse it with another odd thing that happened involving Bobby, Bruce Kanegai, and a bottle of wine in the same
wood shed. However, they were actually two completely different incidents.

I remember S12 very well because I had been rooting for Terry Deitz, and was incensed when the F3 Immunity Challenge between
him, Danielle DiLorenzo, and Aras Baskauskas involved each player trying to balance on a small inflatable object floating on the
ocean. I concluded that "the fix was in" as, IMO, Danielle's small body, lower centre of gravity, and background in gymnastics gave
her a significant advantage over the two men. So, it was no surprise when Danielle won rather easily and took Aras with her to F2.
I didn't even watch FTC as I felt that neither player would have been a deserving winner.