From: codigopostal959@gmail.com (CodigoPostal)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: G1 Prime for $35 at Walmart
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 21:37:03 +0000
 by: CodigoPostal - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 21:37 UTC

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Vintage-G1-Optimus-Prime-Kids-Toy-Action-Figure-for-Boys-and-Girls-Ages-8-9-10-11-12-and-Up-6/210385764

Voyager price, which is probably where he should have landed in the first place [you can pick up a great boxed KO w trailer for the same price].

Re: G1 Prime for $35 at Walmart

<455ae0d2b00c392bb8dfecd506c85b80@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9391&group=alt.toys.transformers#9391

From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: G1 Prime for $35 at Walmart
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 00:14:30 +0000
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 00:14 UTC

CodigoPostal wrote:

> Voyager price, which is probably where he should have landed in the first place [you can pick up a great boxed KO w trailer for the same price].

I mean, it's certainly better than the original $50 asking price. But, like you said, at that point just get the knockoff with the trailer.

Something tells me we might get a retro version of G1 Optimus Prime in cartoon colors at some point. The other retro toys seem to have done well, and the 40th anniversary of the brand would be a good year to do it.

Zob (it's the only way they'll get me to buy the G1 Optimus Prime toy again, honestly)

Re: G1 Prime for $35 at Walmart

<506323fa2164e29cd03dabad8fd64ca4@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9395&group=alt.toys.transformers#9395

From: codigopostal959@gmail.com (CodigoPostal)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 02:31:55 +0000
 by: CodigoPostal - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 02:31 UTC

Zobovor wrote:

> CodigoPostal wrote:

>> Voyager price, which is probably where he should have landed in the first place [you can pick up a great boxed KO w trailer for the same price].

> I mean, it's certainly better than the original $50 asking price. But, like you said, at that point just get the knockoff with the trailer.

If they keep putting them out, I'll keep buying them. Hound was my favorite purchase of 2023. Accurate-colors Hot Rod has replaced all my Hot Rods on the shelf (and I have a lot of Hot Rods).

> Something tells me we might get a retro version of G1 Optimus Prime in cartoon colors at some point. The other retro toys seem to have done well, and the 40th anniversary of the brand would be a good year to do it.

There's nothing like a G1 toy from a tactile perspective. They're just so intuitive to transform, without being shoddy and oversimplified like the kiddie lines of today. I just picked up the new KO Metroplex that's doing the rounds for less than the price of a Voyager (or, for today's purposes, less than the price of this single Optimus cab), and it's a doozy.

> Zob (it's the only way they'll get me to buy the G1 Optimus Prime toy again, honestly)

I want the Missing Link version from Takara, though I'm slightly hesitant about paying those prices!