From: liambhart@gmail.com (Swivelbot)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Collaborative figures I'd like to see
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 03:25:09 +0000
 by: Swivelbot - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 03:25 UTC

Transformers Collaborative has been going on for a while, and it's been surprisingly decent so far, with figures of the DeLorean and the ECTO-1, a few entertainingly hopeless figures like "Ultimate X-Spanse" and "JP93" (who came up with those names I would like to have a word with them) and a Dracula.

And yet it seems that there's an essentially infinite number of things-you-like to turn into robots.

So I've listed a few:

The USS Enterprise - Big Star Trek fan, always wanted to see the Enterprise transform. It's worth mentioning that in the Star Trek VS Transformers, Fortress Maximus transforms into the Enterprise and fights Trypticon with it, and it's always bugged me that they didn't release that because man, I'd totally buy that.

Though I do prefer the Enterprise D of Star Trek: The Next Generation, the original Enterprise would be just as welcome.

Airwolf - The Classic Helicopter from the 1980s TV show with the best theme song ever has so much interesting potential for a robot design. And to be perfectly honest, I see Airwolf in Legacy United Shard, though it would take a substantial amount of retooling to turn Shard into Airwolf.

Herbie, the Love Bug - This one might be a bit niche but Herbie would be an easy redeco of Netflix Bumblebee.

The A-Team Van/The Mystery Machine - These two would essentially be retools of each other, we've had a lot of vans in the Collaborative line as of late (Code Red, Party Wallop) so what's a few more.

Swivelbot (Yes I am aware Zobovor made essentially this exact post on November 25, 2023)

Re: Collaborative figures I'd like to see

<333395ca8115fa6d15419179ca411aba@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9437&group=alt.toys.transformers#9437

From: pork.not.pork@gmail.com (GustavoWombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: Collaborative figures I'd like to see
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 02:25:54 +0000
 by: GustavoWombat - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 02:25 UTC

I'd like to see Battlestar Galactica -- either the Colonial Viper or the Cylon Raider. The Cylon Raider might make more sense as a toy, as the robot mode can have a lot of references to the Cylon warrior.

And then there are things like the Last Starfighter, Firefox and Space: 1999, which have fun, could-have-been-iconic vehicles but are basically forgotten. I don't think they would sell.

I suspect the Dukes of Hazard will never have a collaborative, with the whole battle flag of traitorous traitors protecting slavery. It was certainly a show that a lot of adult collectors grew up with, and which might have had some appeal otherwise.

Godzilla (and all of those monsters) would make me very happy.

Planet of the Apes? A fairly realistic ape that transforms into one of the gorilla generals, blending the original movies with the modern remakes.