For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's Going

SubjectAuthor
* TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's GoingJosephBardsley
+* Re: TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's GoingCodigoPostal
|`- Re: TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's GoingVelvetGlove
+- Re: TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's GoingSwivelbot
+- Re: TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's GoingGoBackaTron
+- Re: TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's GoingGoBackaTron
`- Re: TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's GoingZobovor

1
TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's Going

<33dc6ee69ee4abf5c5e138c1ea93c713@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9429&group=alt.toys.transformers#9429

From: joe.bardsley@gmail.com (JosephBardsley)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's Going
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 03:23:54 +0000
 by: JosephBardsley - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 03:23 UTC

Has anyone else heard of these popping up in local cities?

https://newsroom.hasbro.com/news-releases/news-release-details/hasbro-announces-til-all-are-one-transformers-40th-anniversary

Curious, for sure. I bought my tickets for mid-May, and am curious and excited. Had a great time with the last (2018/19) TF:TM screenings that popped up in indie theatres, and am hopeful that this will capture and convey a similar kind of energy and vibe.

JB

Re: TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's Going

<dbfdfe97f5209c65a15746c0ce99b625@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9430&group=alt.toys.transformers#9430

From: codigopostal959@gmail.com (CodigoPostal)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:54:07 +0000
 by: CodigoPostal - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:54 UTC

Will definitely check it out - explains why Hasbro Pulse took down the first four eps of G1 from Youtube. Would, in a fantasy world, love to see them do this consistently with all the G1 eps - every week another block of episodes, keeping all multiparters together (imagine FFOD all at once on the big screen).

Re: TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's Going

<ae027d44c54587307f1f54e9c24997eb@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9432&group=alt.toys.transformers#9432

From: sarah@kernowgirl.co.uk (VelvetGlove)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 13:15:55 +0000
 by: VelvetGlove - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 13:15 UTC

CodigoPostal wrote:

> (imagine FFOD all at once on the big screen).

That sounds like a bit of a nightmare to be honest, unless they also get it reanimated by Toei. FFoD all at once in some format would be pretty great. But maybe we should be looking into a radio play version....

Back to the main subject, the nearest showing for me is 40 minutes away, which is closer than I thought, so it's kind of tempting! I'm a little nervous of going on my own, but depending how friendly the event is, it might mean I get to meet some local-ish transformer fans, and that's appealing.

Velvet Glove (plus it automatically filters for fans of the G1 cartoon which is my entire niche.)

Re: TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's Going

<b1c837e6e7b0edcfe4a05409e8755d82@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9433&group=alt.toys.transformers#9433

From: liambhart@gmail.com (Swivelbot)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:55:50 +0000
 by: Swivelbot - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:55 UTC

There's a screening quite close to me and I've already got tickets.

so I'm all good.

Swivelbot

Re: TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's Going

<c79d22dbd14ea380b6ec72b8e5d0faf3@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9446&group=alt.toys.transformers#9446

From: evil.king.macrocranios@gmail.com (GoBackaTron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 04:45:52 +0000
 by: GoBackaTron - Sun, 21 Apr 2024 04:45 UTC

I've never been much of a cartoon guy but I can appreciate how special it will be seeing an ensemble script reading with Cullen and Welker. The rest of the cast I would like to have seen are all dead so it's a mixed blessing that they're doing this. Really we are so spoiled that they are doing this at all. It does seem like an anniversary worthy event.

I'm also spoiled because lots of theaters will be showing it near me so I have plenty of opportunity to catch it. But I am old and I kinda feel silly paying to watch cartoons I already own on the big screen at the movies. And will it really be the original broadcast versions or will it be the Rhino remasters with even more errors and jarring inconsistencies. And that movie poster they made for it seems like a poor attempt at capturing the magic of the time. I may be too grumpy to appreciate this.

I would bet that they're going to release the voice actor reading on video somewhere down the line so I might just wait for that on YouTube or wherever.

Re: TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's Going

<a914693cb6db21388801951eedd05164@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9447&group=alt.toys.transformers#9447

From: evil.king.macrocranios@gmail.com (GoBackaTron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 19:31:10 +0000
 by: GoBackaTron - Sun, 21 Apr 2024 19:31 UTC

Fandango is doing a buy-one-get-one free promo code for the Transformers event:

https://www.fandango.com/transformers-40th-anniversary-event-2024-235719/movie-overview

I have been watching the ticket sales for it and most of the theaters around me aren't selling many. I look at the seats sold for the theaters in a 20 mile radius and most all of them only have maybe 3-5 seats taken at this point. That may be understandable for the Wednesday night but it's like this even for the Saturday showings. I wonder if this sale is Fandango realizing they need to do something to get sales going.

Well it's working on me because I'm going to buy two tickets. I'll sit at the end of a row and guarantee the seat next to me is empty thanks to this deal.

Re: TF 40th Anniversary Screening Event: Who's Going

<24d4bcf004297ed24077ecf326a13d25@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9454&group=alt.toys.transformers#9454

From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 21:31:23 +0000
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 21:31 UTC

JosephBardsley wrote:

> Has anyone else heard of these popping up in local cities?

I wasn't expecting them to have it anywhere near me, but it's actually playing in TWO local theaters. I managed to 𝚖̶𝚊̶𝚗̶𝚒̶𝚙̶𝚞̶𝚕̶𝚊̶𝚝̶𝚎̶ convince the wife to go with me.

I tried to show her select episodes of G1 when we first got together, but she wasn't really into it, so we compromised and I just showed her some of the key episodes. But, that was almost 20 years ago, so I'd say it's high time for a refresher course!

Zob (sometimes I quiz her to see if she can name characters... she doesn't do that great, if we're being honest)