A robin redbreast in a cage Puts all Heaven in a rage. -- Blake

arts / rec.arts.disney.parks / Trip report - Family trip to WDW

SubjectAuthor
* Trip report - Family trip to WDWGlenn Holliday
`* Trip report - Family trip to WDWSteve Soares
 `- https://www.eternal-september.orgDisneyWizard the Fantasmic!

1
Trip report - Family trip to WDW

<cb4c085a-20e1-4564-b802-8f75e1ec354an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=943&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#943

Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 18:17:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Trip report - Family trip to WDW
From: holliday@acm.org (Glenn Holliday)
 by: Glenn Holliday - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 01:17 UTC

I'm back from WDW, sorted my photos, went over my notes and drafted 7 posts to radp about the trip. Then I found the nntp server I've been using seems to have left the Internet. I see I can use radp on Google Groups. But somehow, looking at the Google interface to the group and knowing it's not really nntp, then seeing only two old names still regularly posting amid a sea of non-content, feels quite depressing after my WDW high.

Still, I wouldn't want to leave radp without a trip report, So this is a short summary instead of the 7-part report I wrote.

WDW with grandchildren - good!
Art of Animation with grandchildren - good!
Skyliner - good!
Disney cast - good! Made our day and manifested pixie dust.
Parks at Spring Break - better than I feared. We had fun.
My Disney Experience phone app - some things worked well, other things not so well.
Mobile food ordering - good.
MagicBands - still good for many things, especially for children.
MagicBand+ - disappointing.
Hey Disney! - the music and games work. Asking for actual information about parks and resorts fails.
Amtrak to Florida - worked well. Thanks for answering questions here about it.

All the best,

--
Glenn

Re: Trip report - Family trip to WDW

<u20l8t$399jg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=944&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#944

From: host@wdwent.com (Steve Soares)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Subject: Re: Trip report - Family trip to WDW
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 08:51:40 -0400
 by: Steve Soares - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 12:51 UTC

Hi Glenn,

I've switched to eternal September for RADP. It's working well.

Steve S.

On 4/21/2023 9:17 PM, Glenn Holliday wrote:
> I'm back from WDW, sorted my photos, went over my notes and drafted 7 posts to radp about the trip. Then I found the nntp server I've been using seems to have left the Internet. I see I can use radp on Google Groups. But somehow, looking at the Google interface to the group and knowing it's not really nntp, then seeing only two old names still regularly posting amid a sea of non-content, feels quite depressing after my WDW high.
>
> Still, I wouldn't want to leave radp without a trip report, So this is a short summary instead of the 7-part report I wrote.
>
> WDW with grandchildren - good!
> Art of Animation with grandchildren - good!
> Skyliner - good!
> Disney cast - good! Made our day and manifested pixie dust.
> Parks at Spring Break - better than I feared. We had fun.
> My Disney Experience phone app - some things worked well, other things not so well.
> Mobile food ordering - good.
> MagicBands - still good for many things, especially for children.
> MagicBand+ - disappointing.
> Hey Disney! - the music and games work. Asking for actual information about parks and resorts fails.
> Amtrak to Florida - worked well. Thanks for answering questions here about it.
>
> All the best,

Re: https://www.eternal-september.org

<ub61gc$v241$1@disneywizard.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=1003&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#1003

From: wiz@FANTASMIC!disneywizard.com (DisneyWizard the Fantasmic!)
<wiz@FANTASMIC!DisneyWizard.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks,alt.disney.disneyland
Subject: Re: https://www.eternal-september.org
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 12:17:26 -0700
 by: DisneyWizard the Fan - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 19:17 UTC

Get an account first at :
https://www.eternal-september.org/RegisterNewsAccount.php?language=en

Server settings:

Server name: news.eternal-september.org
Port : 119 (NNTP)
Port : 563 (encrypted connection NNTPS)

Servername: reader80.eternal-september.org
Port : 80

Servername: reader443.eternal-september.org
Port : 443 (encrypted connection NNTPS)

--
All ladders in the Temple of the Forbidden Eye have thirteen steps.
There are thirteen steps to the gallows, firing squad or any execution.

- better to learn by mistakes of others, - Wiz.
- erroneous examples as provided, - Wiz.
- than to learn by mistakes made for oneself. - Wiz.
- A bakers dozen out of 12 Wizards agree: "And far less painful.
-(o=8 Wiz."

All larders in the Temple of the Forbidden Eye rung a bakers dozen true.
There are thirteen steps to the tallows, firing square or salivation.
The first step is dental. Don't be bamboo skewered: