From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Masterpiece Powermaster Optimus for Pre-Order
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:02:29 +0000
 by: Zobovor - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:02 UTC

Well, that was fast.

The Masterpiece version of Super Ginrai (aka Powermaster Optimus Prime) is ready for you to spend gobs of money on, because I just know you've been itching to spend even more money on plastic robots. I know I sure was!

Hasbro Pulse has two flavors available, which will ship on or around March 28th, 2025 (I guess I know what I'm buying myself for my birthday next year):

With trailer ($279.99): https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-masterpiece-mpg-09-super-jinrai
Without trailer (159.99): https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-masterpiece-mp-60-jinrai

I feel like if you're already paying the $160 for the truck cab, you might as well plonk down the extra $120 to get the trailer piece. But that's just me.

BBTS has them as well. They seem to think it will be in stock in January 2025:

Super Ginrai: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/273711
Plain Vanilla Ginrai: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/273709

Zob (at some point I do want them to get back to 1984-86 characters, though)

Re: Masterpiece Powermaster Optimus for Pre-Order

<uvpem4$1qfq3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9435&group=alt.toys.transformers#9435

From: Travoltron@fakeemail.com (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:24:19 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:24 UTC

Apparently it's spelled "Jinrai" now, according to Hasbro's website.
I don't know why it was ever spelled "Ginrai" in the first place. We
don't call Minerva "Minelba".

Re: Masterpiece Powermaster Optimus for Pre-Order

<1b285ee390b64624dfdbb6bb05e3edfc@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=9436&group=alt.toys.transformers#9436

From: zmfts@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:40:57 +0000
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:40 UTC

Travoltron wrote:

> Apparently it's spelled "Jinrai" now, according to Hasbro's website. I don't know why it was ever spelled "Ginrai" in the first place.

I thought the idea was that it was a word play, because the name "God Ginrai" was supposed to contain all the Japanese phonemes for "Gojira"?

It's not super clever, but you lose the Godzilla connection if you spell it with a "J."

Zob (is not an expert)