From: jdnicoll@panix.com (James Nicoll)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: (Tor Dot Com) Five Strategies for Taming an Unruly TBR List
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 15:10:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Nicoll - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 15:10 UTC

Five Strategies for Taming an Unruly TBR List

How to select _the_ next book from all the possible next books.

https://www.tor.com/2024/01/10/five-strategies-for-taming-an-unruly-tbr-list/

Re: (Tor Dot Com) Five Strategies for Taming an Unruly TBR List

<robertaw-31C36A.09422810012024@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=95479&group=rec.arts.sf.written#95479

From: robertaw@drizzle.com (Robert Woodward)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 09:42:28 -0800
 by: Robert Woodward - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 17:42 UTC

In article <unmc0f$kdj$1@reader1.panix.com>,
jdnicoll@panix.com (James Nicoll) wrote:

> Five Strategies for Taming an Unruly TBR List
>
> How to select _the_ next book from all the possible next books.
>
> https://www.tor.com/2024/01/10/five-strategies-for-taming-an-unruly-tbr-list/

For decades, I used the same initial filter: I alternated science
fiction with fantasy (with mysteries inserted into the sequence from
time to time) - non-fiction books were read as I bought them.

Robert Woodward robertaw@drizzle.com

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / (Tor Dot Com) Five Strategies for Taming an Unruly TBR List