From: davidd02@tpg.com.au (David Duffy)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Chinese web novels - again
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 05:51:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: David Duffy - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 05:51 UTC

To bore you, a couple of paras from the one I am currently reading
_Cultivation Chat Room_:

"Scholar Yue Ruhuo, who had been defeated in the prologue battle of the
Heavenly Dao Battle, sat cross-legged in his spot, silently recovering
from his injuries. He didn't rush to leave; instead, he chose to stay
and bear witness to the saga of 'Profound Sage Tyrannical Song' facing
challengers from myriad worlds on Mars!

During this process of witnessing, he waited for other losers to join him.

The taste of failure wasn't meant to be savored alone; it needed to
be shared. With more people sharing their failures, the bitterness of
defeat would be diluted.

Sharing sorrow with the sorrowful is a virtue - so cry, everyone, just
let it out!"

and

"The Tribulation Transcender's Golden Body stood up and stepped into the
spatial gate, disappearing. Even though he was in a vegetative state,
his suave demeanor had already been ingrained into the bones of the
scholarly faction's Tribulation Transcender. Every action he took was
imbued with suaveness."

Well I think they are moderately amusing. Is it the translator? It
somehow reminds me of Panshin's _Thurb Revolution_.

Cheers, David Duffy.

Re: Chinese web novels - again

<0001HW.2B7C30210126390F700000D8B38F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=96506&group=rec.arts.sf.written#96506

From: akwolffan@zoho.com (WolfFan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: Chinese web novels - again
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 18:17:53 -0500
 by: WolfFan - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 23:17 UTC

On Feb 13, 2024, David Duffy wrote
(in article <uqf01k$1vciv$1@dont-email.me>):

> To bore you, a couple of paras from the one I am currently reading
> _Cultivation Chat Room_:
>
> "Scholar Yue Ruhuo, who had been defeated in the prologue battle of the
> Heavenly Dao Battle, sat cross-legged in his spot, silently recovering
> from his injuries. He didn't rush to leave; instead, he chose to stay
> and bear witness to the saga of 'Profound Sage Tyrannical Song' facing
> challengers from myriad worlds on Mars!
>
> During this process of witnessing, he waited for other losers to join him.
>
> The taste of failure wasn't meant to be savored alone; it needed to
> be shared. With more people sharing their failures, the bitterness of
> defeat would be diluted.
>
> Sharing sorrow with the sorrowful is a virtue - so cry, everyone, just
> let it out!"
>
> and
>
> "The Tribulation Transcender's Golden Body stood up and stepped into the
> spatial gate, disappearing. Even though he was in a vegetative state,
> his suave demeanor had already been ingrained into the bones of the
> scholarly faction's Tribulation Transcender. Every action he took was
> imbued with suaveness."
>
> Well I think they are moderately amusing. Is it the translator? It
> somehow reminds me of Panshin's _Thurb Revolution_.
>
> Cheers, David Duffy.

I take it that the People’s Armed Police paid you a visit and forced you to
read those things...

I do hope that they got better later. I really do.

Re: Chinese web novels - again

<uqhilp$2gurf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=96520&group=rec.arts.sf.written#96520

From: davidd02@tpg.com.au (David Duffy)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 05:22:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: David Duffy - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 05:22 UTC

WolfFan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2024, David Duffy wrote
> (in article <uqf01k$1vciv$1@dont-email.me>):
>
>> To bore you, a couple of paras from the one I am currently reading
>> _Cultivation Chat Room_:

> I take it that the People???s Armed Police paid you a visit and forced you to
> read those things...
>
> I do hope that they got better later. I really do.

The Valentine's chapter:

???No, it???s just a weird idea that popped into my head,??? Song Shuhang replied.
???Sixteen,??? he reached out and took her hand. ???Next time, I???ll give you my spleen. How does that sound????
The White Dragon raised an eyebrow.
Pavilion Master Chu was left utterly baffled. ?????????
Su Clan???s Sixteen whispered, ??? Is this what they call love????

Re: Chinese web novels - again

<uqi6gb$2jt5u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=96528&group=rec.arts.sf.written#96528

From: rja.carnegie@gmail.com (Robert Carnegie)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 11:00:27 +0000
 by: Robert Carnegie - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 11:00 UTC

On 14/02/2024 05:22, David Duffy wrote:
> WolfFan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 13, 2024, David Duffy wrote
>> (in article <uqf01k$1vciv$1@dont-email.me>):
>>
>>> To bore you, a couple of paras from the one I am currently reading
>>> _Cultivation Chat Room_:
>
>> I take it that the People???s Armed Police paid you a visit and forced you to
>> read those things...
>>
>> I do hope that they got better later. I really do.
>>
> The Valentine's chapter:
>
> ???No, it???s just a weird idea that popped into my head,??? Song Shuhang replied.
> ???Sixteen,??? he reached out and took her hand. ???Next time, I???ll give you my spleen. How does that sound????
> The White Dragon raised an eyebrow.
> Pavilion Master Chu was left utterly baffled. ?????????
> Su Clan???s Sixteen whispered, ??? Is this what they call love????

I teleported home last night
With Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Meggy's heart away
And I got Sidney's leg.