From: lynnmcguire5@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "Scorpio (Frontlines: Evolution)" by Marko Kloos
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 15:55:51 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 21:55 UTC

"Scorpio (Frontlines: Evolution)" by Marko Kloos
https://www.amazon.com/Scorpio-Frontlines-Evolution-Marko-Kloos/dp/154203549X/

Book one of a new military science fiction series in the Frontlines
Universe. I read the well printed and well bound trade paperback
published by 47North in 2024. There are eight books in the main
Frontlines series of military science fiction, I will read any of the
new books in the series.
https://www.amazon.com/Terms-Enlistment-Frontlines-Marko-Kloos/dp/1477809783/

Alex is a 21 year old member of the 150+ hidden survivors of a Terran
colony world in the 18 Scorpii system, 46.1 light years away from Earth
in 2124. There were thousands of colonists and Spacebourne Infantry on
18 Scorpio but the Lankies arrived eight years ago and killed most of
them along with the Terraforming Plants. And Alex's parents.

The Lankies have set up their own Lankieforming plants, making the world
much more humid and with 30% carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Before
the Lankies came, humans could breath the atmosphere for a short while
but, no longer.

Alex is a dog handler, a female civilian helping the SI troopers salvage
food, batteries, and other items from the wrecked terraforming stations
and human spaceports. It is an incredibly dangerous job as the electric
vehicles can only travel at 20 to 30 km/h over the rough terrain. But
the dog can alert the humans that a 200+ ton Lankie is approaching and
give them a minute or two warning to hide or fight.

The author has a website at:
https://www.markokloos.com/

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars (5656 reviews)

Lynn