Matter cannot be created or destroyed, nor can it be returned without a receipt.

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / Re: Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_

SubjectAuthor
* Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_Robert Woodward
`* Re: Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_Gary R. Schmidt
 +- Re: Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_-dsr-
 +* Re: Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_James Nicoll
 |`- Re: Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_Jaimie Vandenbergh
 `- Re: Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_Robert Woodward

1
Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_

<robertaw-4E7134.21525912032024@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=97383&group=rec.arts.sf.written#97383

From: robertaw@drizzle.com (Robert Woodward)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 21:52:59 -0700
 by: Robert Woodward - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 04:52 UTC

I read a sample (about a dozen pages) today. The online blurbs mention
that Vlad is hiding out in a theater. The theater is presenting a play
(play A) which has a theatrical company putting on play (play B). Play A
(some of the text was present in the sample) is a Gilbert and Sullivan
pastiche (i.e., a musical comedy). Play B appears to be a serious
historical drama about a Lyorn emperor.

�-----------------------------------------------------
Robert Woodward robertaw@drizzle.com

Re: Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_

<rsq7ck-jop.ln1@paranoia.mcleod-schmidt.id.au>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=97384&group=rec.arts.sf.written#97384

From: grschmidt@acm.org (Gary R. Schmidt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:41:14 +1100
 by: Gary R. Schmidt - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 05:41 UTC

On 13/03/2024 15:52, Robert Woodward wrote:
> I read a sample (about a dozen pages) today. The online blurbs mention
> that Vlad is hiding out in a theater. The theater is presenting a play
> (play A) which has a theatrical company putting on play (play B). Play A
> (some of the text was present in the sample) is a Gilbert and Sullivan
> pastiche (i.e., a musical comedy). Play B appears to be a serious
> historical drama about a Lyorn emperor.

Aarrgh!!! Has he finished it??? Can the publishers get a wriggle on!!!!

Cheers,
Gary B-)

Re: Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_

<slrnuv36us.5kk.dsr-usenet@randomstring.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=97386&group=rec.arts.sf.written#97386

From: dsr-usenet@randomstring.org (-dsr-)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 08:28:12 -0400
 by: -dsr- - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 12:28 UTC

On 2024-03-13, Gary R. Schmidt <grschmidt@acm.org> wrote:
> On 13/03/2024 15:52, Robert Woodward wrote:
>> I read a sample (about a dozen pages) today. The online blurbs mention
>> that Vlad is hiding out in a theater. The theater is presenting a play
>> (play A) which has a theatrical company putting on play (play B). Play A
>> (some of the text was present in the sample) is a Gilbert and Sullivan
>> pastiche (i.e., a musical comedy). Play B appears to be a serious
>> historical drama about a Lyorn emperor.
>>
> Aarrgh!!! Has he finished it??? Can the publishers get a wriggle on!!!!

It's due out in April.

-dsr-

Re: Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_

<uss9av$7ka$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=97387&group=rec.arts.sf.written#97387

From: jdnicoll@panix.com (James Nicoll)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:22:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Nicoll - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:22 UTC

In article <rsq7ck-jop.ln1@paranoia.mcleod-schmidt.id.au>,
Gary R. Schmidt <grschmidt@acm.org> wrote:
>On 13/03/2024 15:52, Robert Woodward wrote:
>> I read a sample (about a dozen pages) today. The online blurbs mention
>> that Vlad is hiding out in a theater. The theater is presenting a play
>> (play A) which has a theatrical company putting on play (play B). Play A
>> (some of the text was present in the sample) is a Gilbert and Sullivan
>> pastiche (i.e., a musical comedy). Play B appears to be a serious
>> historical drama about a Lyorn emperor.
>>
>Aarrgh!!! Has he finished it??? Can the publishers get a wriggle on!!!!

Review copies have been out since December and the book itself is
slated for public release in... April, I think.

Re: Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_

<l5eschFq8mfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=97407&group=rec.arts.sf.written#97407

From: jaimie@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: 13 Mar 2024 23:49:37 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 23:49 UTC

On 13 Mar 2024 at 13:22:40 GMT, "James Nicoll" <James Nicoll> wrote:

> In article <rsq7ck-jop.ln1@paranoia.mcleod-schmidt.id.au>,
> Gary R. Schmidt <grschmidt@acm.org> wrote:
>> On 13/03/2024 15:52, Robert Woodward wrote:
>>> I read a sample (about a dozen pages) today. The online blurbs mention
>>> that Vlad is hiding out in a theater. The theater is presenting a play
>>> (play A) which has a theatrical company putting on play (play B). Play A
>>> (some of the text was present in the sample) is a Gilbert and Sullivan
>>> pastiche (i.e., a musical comedy). Play B appears to be a serious
>>> historical drama about a Lyorn emperor.
>>>
>> Aarrgh!!! Has he finished it??? Can the publishers get a wriggle on!!!!
>
> Review copies have been out since December and the book itself is
> slated for public release in... April, I think.

Amazon.co.uk is reporting May 13th, also. Thanks for the reminder
Robert, pre-order in.
It's been a long time since I did a full readthrough, so I guess that's
this next few weeks' books scheduled.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++
makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away

Re: Awaiting Steven Brust's _Lyorn_

<robertaw-8FFF1E.21461513032024@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=97413&group=rec.arts.sf.written#97413

From: robertaw@drizzle.com (Robert Woodward)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 21:46:15 -0700
 by: Robert Woodward - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 04:46 UTC

In article <rsq7ck-jop.ln1@paranoia.mcleod-schmidt.id.au>,
"Gary R. Schmidt" <grschmidt@acm.org> wrote:

> On 13/03/2024 15:52, Robert Woodward wrote:
> > I read a sample (about a dozen pages) today. The online blurbs mention
> > that Vlad is hiding out in a theater. The theater is presenting a play
> > (play A) which has a theatrical company putting on play (play B). Play A
> > (some of the text was present in the sample) is a Gilbert and Sullivan
> > pastiche (i.e., a musical comedy). Play B appears to be a serious
> > historical drama about a Lyorn emperor.
> >
> Aarrgh!!! Has he finished it??? Can the publishers get a wriggle on!!!!

Sorry, I should have included with "Four weeks and counting".

Robert Woodward robertaw@drizzle.com