From: rb@twitter.com (rb)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,rec.arts.disney.parks
Subject: Re: Go Woke go Broke---Ask Disney why they are tanking.
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 09:43:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: rb - Tue, 11 Jul 2023 09:43 UTC

Charlie Glock <"Charlie Glock"@localhost.com> wrote in
news:A04rM.184833$edN3.130510@fx14.iad:

> On 2023-07-11, bigdog <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Monday, July 10, 2023 at 9:29:55 PM UTC-4, Paul Ragna wrote:
>>> Pretty soon the mouse is going to be out of a job.
>>> That's what they get for having men dressed as girls outside their
>>> Snow White store where little girls buy costumes to look like Snow
>>> White. Sick!
>>> I hope they go out of business.
>>>
>>> <https://hannity.com/media-room/mickey-malaise-families-ditching-disn
>>> ey- theme-park-attendance-down-report/>
>>>
>>> "According to a Wall Street Journal report, Walt Disney theme parks
>>> are seeing a dip in attendance despite shorter wait times and more
>>> discounts. Folks are choosing cruise ships and European vacations
>>> over the House of Mouse.
>>>
>>> From The Wall Street Journal:
>>>
>>> Travel advisers and industry analysts say the slowdown is the latest
>>> sign that Disney’s recent price hikes and changes to park
>>> operations have soured some families on visiting the Most Magical
>>> Place on Earth.
>>>
>>> Disney faces a unique set of challenges right now, from streaming
>>> losses to executive succession to a political and legal fight with
>>> Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Revenue from its parks division has long
>>> been a bright spot for the company, buoying overall earnings. Disney
>>> declined to comment on recent attendance.
>>>
>>> …
>>>
>>> “People might be a little bit fatigued with price increases based
>>> on the economy at the moment,” Oprea says, noting that some
>>> clients have considered cruise or beach vacations rather than
>>> returning to Disney’s parks due to recent price increases.
>>>
>>> At Disneyland, the company increased the cost of multiday tickets by
>>> 9% or more in October, with the price of a two-day ticket rising
>>> from $255 per adult to $285.
>>>
>>> To attract more visitors to Main Street U.S.A., Disney has rolled
>>> out promotions, including discounts for return visits and savings of
>>> up to 40% on rooms at some Disney World hotels for annual
>>> passholders on certain days in December near Christmas, which is
>>> typically one of the busiest and most expensive times to visit.
>>> (Disney has offered discounts to passholders during that time period
>>> in the past.)
>>>
>>> Meanwhile, Disney isn’t faring much better at the box office, with
>>> recent bombs like Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny and
>>> Elemental.
>>>
>>> Disney lost $200,000,000 on Elemental alone.
>>>
>>> Fox News contributor and OutKick founder Clay Travis shared the
>>> story on Twitter.
>>>
>>> “Disney World hit a ten year low in July 4th guests & company is
>>> now discounting Christmas hotel rooms as attendance collapses at
>>> parks. Combine this with ESPN disaster & movies losing money like
>>> crazy & it’s now clear Disney is getting Bud Light’d.”
>>>

>>> Share This Article
>>>
>>> "
>> First they turn their back on their core customer base, families, by
> [...]

They have no intention of learning. Some wrongly believe their fortunes
are tied to ESG and DEI, others have underlings whispering that it's a
momentary blip which will be over in a few weeks.

....Except, it's not happening.

People in red and blue are closing their wallets. Corporate America has
done something Trump and Biden both failed to do, unify the American
public to focus on irritating issues that were being kicked under the rug
previously.

They all targeted children to force gay acceptance and sell the notion
that it's normal. They didn't count on the kids fighting back and being
reinforced by parents.

It started with Disney several years ago, spread to the schools, then
retail businesses thought they'd get in on the act. There's going to be
some corporate death spirals before it's all over.

The resistance has even spread to California of all places - in the form
of parental fist fights at schools.