From: lynnmcguire5@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.fan.heinlein
Subject: "Revolt in 2100 & Methuselah's Children" by Robert A. Heinlein
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 18:45:01 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 23:45 UTC

"Revolt in 2100 & Methuselah's Children" by Robert A. Heinlein
https://www.amazon.com/Revolt-in-2100-Methuselahs-Children/dp/B0073AOTZ2/

A two-fer science fiction book with a standalone first novelette and the
second novelette being the first story about Lazarus Long. There are
also two short stories between the novelettes, each loosely connected to
the novellettes. I reread the well printed and well bound MMPB
published by Baen in 1999 that I bought 20+ years ago.

The following stories are in the book:
1. Revolt in 2100 - the revolt in the USA against the religious prophets
who had seized power in 2016 and established a theocracy
2. Coventry - set after 2100 about a man who refused to follow the
normal behavior with other citizens and was exiled to Coventry with the
other behavioral problem people and the remainder of the theocracy believers
3. Misfit - the first story about Andrew Jackson Libby, the inventor of
the Libby-Sheffield FTL (faster than light) star drive
4. Methuselah's Children - the first story about the Howard Foundation
for long life and Lazarus Long, and their hijacking of the New Frontiers
generation ship and fleeing the Solar System with 100,000+ members of
the Howard Families

All four of these stories are contained in other Heinlein anthologies
and standalone books, most notably "The Past Through Tomorrow: Future
History Stories" by Robert A. Heinlein.

My rating: 6 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (6 reviews)

Lynn

Re: "Revolt in 2100 & Methuselah's Children" by Robert A. Heinlein

<uv4to5$n2aj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=98106&group=rec.arts.sf.written#98106

From: lynnmcguire5@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.fan.heinlein
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 21:32:35 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 02:32 UTC

On 4/9/2024 6:45 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> "Revolt in 2100 & Methuselah's Children" by Robert A. Heinlein
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Revolt-in-2100-Methuselahs-Children/dp/B0073AOTZ2/
>
> A two-fer science fiction book with a standalone first novelette and the
> second novelette being the first story about Lazarus Long.  There are
> also two short stories between the novelettes, each loosely connected to
> the novellettes.  I reread the well printed and well bound MMPB
> published by Baen in 1999 that I bought 20+ years ago.
>
> The following stories are in the book:
> 1. Revolt in 2100 - the revolt in the USA against the religious prophets
> who had seized power in 2016 and established a theocracy
> 2. Coventry - set after 2100 about a man who refused to follow the
> normal behavior with other citizens and was exiled to Coventry with the
> other behavioral problem people and the remainder of the theocracy
> believers
> 3. Misfit - the first story about Andrew Jackson Libby, the inventor of
> the Libby-Sheffield FTL (faster than light) star drive
> 4. Methuselah's Children - the first story about the Howard Foundation
> for long life and Lazarus Long, and their hijacking of the New Frontiers
> generation ship and fleeing the Solar System with 100,000+ members of
> the Howard Families
>
> All four of these stories are contained in other Heinlein anthologies
> and standalone books, most notably "The Past Through Tomorrow: Future
> History Stories" by Robert A. Heinlein.
>
> My rating:  6 out of 5 stars
> Amazon rating:  4.5 out of 5 stars (6 reviews)
>
> Lynn

Excellent ! I just got schooled on Reddit. “Revolt In 2100” is also
called “If This Goes On”.
https://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/pl.cgi?28087

Lynn

Re: "Revolt in 2100 & Methuselah's Children" by Robert A. Heinlein

<uv4uao$n6io$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/arts/article-flat.php?id=98107&group=rec.arts.sf.written#98107

From: lynnmcguire5@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,alt.fan.heinlein
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 21:42:30 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 02:42 UTC

On 4/9/2024 6:45 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> "Revolt in 2100 & Methuselah's Children" by Robert A. Heinlein
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Revolt-in-2100-Methuselahs-Children/dp/B0073AOTZ2/
>
> A two-fer science fiction book with a standalone first novelette and the
> second novelette being the first story about Lazarus Long.  There are
> also two short stories between the novelettes, each loosely connected to
> the novellettes.  I reread the well printed and well bound MMPB
> published by Baen in 1999 that I bought 20+ years ago.
>
> The following stories are in the book:
> 1. Revolt in 2100 - the revolt in the USA against the religious prophets
> who had seized power in 2016 and established a theocracy
> 2. Coventry - set after 2100 about a man who refused to follow the
> normal behavior with other citizens and was exiled to Coventry with the
> other behavioral problem people and the remainder of the theocracy
> believers
> 3. Misfit - the first story about Andrew Jackson Libby, the inventor of
> the Libby-Sheffield FTL (faster than light) star drive
> 4. Methuselah's Children - the first story about the Howard Foundation
> for long life and Lazarus Long, and their hijacking of the New Frontiers
> generation ship and fleeing the Solar System with 100,000+ members of
> the Howard Families
>
> All four of these stories are contained in other Heinlein anthologies
> and standalone books, most notably "The Past Through Tomorrow: Future
> History Stories" by Robert A. Heinlein.
>
> My rating:  6 out of 5 stars
> Amazon rating:  4.5 out of 5 stars (6 reviews)
>
> Lynn

Here is a much better review for Methuselah's Children by Jo Walton:
https://reactormag.com/pulp-adventure-and-nothing-wrong-with-that-robert-heinleins-methuselahs-children/

Lynn