From: pedophiles@budweiser.com (Budweiser Pedophiles)
Subject: Re: Where is Miracle Village? Notorious Florida neighborhood is home
to over 200 sex offenders
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 09:26:01 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.politics.republicans, fl.general, rec.arts.disney.parks,
sac.politics, talk.politics.guns
 by: Budweiser Pedophiles - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 07:26 UTC

Molly Bolt <mollythebolt666@gmail.com> wrote in

> Home of many Florida Biden family members.

PAHOKEE, FLORIDA: Florida parents are too afraid to take their kids out
alone as a town in the state, primarily populated by sex offenders,
continues to grow. Over 200 sex offenders who were prohibited from re-
entering any other residential societies reside in this terrifying town
for perverts, that include convicted pedophiles. Near the Florida
community of Pahokee, is Miracle Village, near Lake Okeechobee. Over 80%
of the town's residents are registered sex offenders who have served time
for crimes against children.

According to a Fox News piece, residents of Pahokee have raised concern
about being so close to the sex offender village, even though the 24-acre
enclave confines sexual offenders inside it, as they have limited housing
options. According to Florida law, authorities are required to alert the
local community when a sexual predator enters their county. Thus, in 2009,
pedophiles in Florida were given a safe harbor by Dick Witherow, a
preacher with the Christian organization Matthew 25 Ministries, as per the
Mirror.

Where is Miracle Village?
The community, best known as Miracle Village, is located in Pahokee, near
Lake Okeechobee, in Florida. Due to state regulations requiring those on
the registry to live between 1,000 and 2,500 miles away from any locations
where children might reside, the town has been referred to as a safe haven
for sex offenders in need of a place to dwell. Many of them are prohibited
from residing within 1,000 feet of playgrounds, parks, nurseries, or
schools.

The neighborhood, once known as Miracle Village, has changed its name
formally to Restoration Destination after receiving widespread media
attention. According to their website, "Restoration Destination is a
prison re-entry residential campus providing essential services to
individuals transitioning from incarceration back into society." Miracle
Village was originally built in the 1960s to provide housing for sugar
cane workers.

The website further reads: "It is a place where they can learn valuable
skills, receive support and guidance, and prepare for life outside prison.
Re-entry can be a challenging experience for those who have been
incarcerated, and our residential community is an excellent resource to
help them navigate this difficult transition. We have provided a safe and
supportive environment that helps men and women successfully transition
back into society."

Why was Miracle Village created?
The late pastor Dick Witherow started providing shelter for sex offenders
in 2009. A Florida state rule prohibiting criminals from residing within
1,000 feet of a school, park, daycare center, or playground inspired
Witherow to create the community. This distance is raised to 2,500 feet in
some places, such as Miami, and other suburban areas, making it nearly
impossible for a convicted offender to live in a typical neighborhood,
which is usually populated by schools and public play areas.

Miracle Village provides sex offenders with a location to reside away from
such limitations after being evicted from heavily populated regions. Ted
Rodarm, a former sex offender himself, now oversees the Christian group
that provides accommodations to convicts. According to the group,
prospective residents are examined before they move in, and violent felons
or those who have a history of crime are typically turned down. Although
the neighborhood's name was changed to Restoration Destination, many
people still refer to it as Miracle Village.

'I don't let my daughter walk anywhere'
However, other law-abiding citizens, especially residents of nearby towns
are not particularly impressed with the infamous neighborhood. When the
sex offenders started moving into the neighborhood, a neighboring woman
said it was "frightening," adding: "I used to keep little daycare kids...
and they sent me a paper saying they were moving in." When questioned by
the media about how he feels about his neighbors, one father responded,
"That's why I don't let my daughter walk anywhere."

'This is the only place that would give me a chance'
Miracle Village provides duplex apartments with two or three bedrooms as
well as residences with three to six bedrooms. A sex offender who lives in
Miracle Village and admitted to having sex with a minor said, "Got out
after 21 years, this is the only place that would give me a chance."

One of the residents was a man who attempted to have sex with a nine-year-
old and was found guilty at the age of 18. Pat Powers, a different
resident, relocated to Miracle Village after serving 12 years in jail for
sex offenses after abusing students he was coaching in sports.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/where-is-miracle-village-notorious-
florida-neighborhood-is-home-to-over-200-sex-offenders/ar-
AA1evSss?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=3c4587fc67c44c41997c33a2c61a2b3f&ei=31