Beware the new TTY code!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injury

SubjectAuthor
* Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySimon Mason
+* Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySpike
|`- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injuryJNugent
+* Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySimon Mason
|+- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySpike
|+* Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySimon Mason
||`- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySpike
|`- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injuryJNugent
+* Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySimon Mason
|+- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySpike
|`* Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySimon Mason
| +- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injuryJNugent
| `- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySpike
+- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySimon Mason
+* Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySimon Mason
|`- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySpike
+* Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySimon Mason
|+- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injuryJNugent
|`* Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySimon Mason
| +- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySpike
| `* Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySimon Mason
|  `- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySpike
+* Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySimon Mason
|+- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySimon Mason
|+* Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injuryJNugent
||`- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySpike
|`- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySpike
`- Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injurySimon Mason

Pages:12
Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injury

<b6e722bf-b81b-4c7e-9e45-b54328297ffcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34048&group=uk.rec.cycling#34048

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 10:03:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injury
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 17:03 UTC

QUOTE: Essex County Council has been contacted for comment. ENDS

They've never been the same since Boston, Lincs took over their crown as Brextard central.
Reality is now kicking in though even there!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/may/28/we-should-be-closer-to-europe-brexit-regrets-simmer-in-leave-voting-boston

Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injury

<kob9qaF29a8U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34055&group=uk.rec.cycling#34055

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 6 Oct 2023 20:42:50 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 20:42 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ian Foster 3rd October 8:08 am
> User ID: 1834404
> I agree, I walk to the station about 3 or 4 times a month and am always
> concerned with this corner as I have to walk out to the cycle side of the
> path but am unable to see round the corner. They have cleared further up
> but not on the corner WHY.

If you have to take such precautions, keep in mind that it’s your fellow
cyclists that are causing you to do so.

--
Spike

Re: Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injury

<kob9qbF29a8U11@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34063&group=uk.rec.cycling#34063

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 6 Oct 2023 20:42:51 GMT

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 06/10/2023 07:09 am, Simon Mason wrote:
>
>> Ian Foster 3rd October 8:08 am
>> User ID: 1834404
>> I agree, I walk to the station about 3 or 4 times a month and am always
>> concerned with this corner as I have to walk out to the cycle side of
>> the path but am unable to see round the corner. They have cleared
>> further up but not on the corner WHY.

> When your sightline is disrupted, do what I do:

> STOP...

> ...then proceed v e r y s l o w l y.

> If you can't see what's round the bend, you have no right to go around
> it at such a speed that you could not stop in time if presented with an
> obstacle.

> You know it makes sense.

> All chavs on chav-bikes know it.

> But you and the rest of them would never admit it.

My technique is to drive at such a speed that I can stop comfortably in
one-third of the distance to the vanishing point.

I doubt this would work for cyclists as they appear to have a collective
fear of slowing down and a morbid dread of braking.

--
Spike

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Colchester cyclist says dangerous hedgerow will cause injury