Q: What do you get when you cross the Godfather with an attorney? A: An offer you can't understand.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

SubjectAuthor
* 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US CoastTWP
+* 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, USTWP
|`- 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, USThe Happy Hippy
`* 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, USTWP
 +* 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, USThe Happy Hippy
 |+* 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, USTWP
 ||+- 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, USThe Happy Hippy
 ||`- 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, USThe Happy Hippy
 |`* 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, USJeSSe
 | `* 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, USThe Happy Hippy
 |  `* 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, USJeSSe
 |   `* 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, USThe Happy Hippy
 |    `- 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, USJeSSe
 `- 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, USTWP

1
'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<xf_kM.31232$79I8.3927@fx08.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9970&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9970

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast
Guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:01:33 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:01 UTC

https://news.sky.com/story/debris-field-discovered-within-search-area-near-
titanic-us-coast-guard-says-12906735

A debris field has been discovered within the search area by a remotely
operated underwater vehicle near the Titanic, the US Coast Guard has said.

Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<ES_kM.23067$FF49.17715@fx05.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9972&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9972

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US
Coast Guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:43:16 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:43 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:01:33 +0000, TWP wrote:

> https://news.sky.com/story/debris-field-discovered-within-search-area-
near-
> titanic-us-coast-guard-says-12906735
>
> A debris field has been discovered within the search area by a remotely
> operated underwater vehicle near the Titanic, the US Coast Guard has
> said.

Jonathan Amos

Science correspondent, BBC News

This report carries huge caveats.

It may be something, it may be nothing.

But the US Coast Guard has not posted many tweets over the past few days,
so it may well be significant.

Speaking to experts this week, many worried that the Titan may have
suffered a catastrophic implosion as a result of a hull failure.

Such a scenario could explain the debris. But, again, this report may turn
out to be nothing.

The seafloor around the Titanic wreck is littered with all sorts of
debris, not least from the great ship itself.

Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<3m%kM.16075$92h9.6494@fx07.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9975&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9975

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Coast Guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:16:47 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:16 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:01:33 +0000, TWP wrote:

> https://news.sky.com/story/debris-field-discovered-within-search-area-
near-
> titanic-us-coast-guard-says-12906735
>
> A debris field has been discovered within the search area by a remotely
> operated underwater vehicle near the Titanic, the US Coast Guard has
> said.

As Sky's expert points out, this debris has been found now that the French
6,000m depth submarine has arrived. He doubts that anyone until now has
actually searched the sea bed.

Most people he says want to see the Titanic's bow and this is also the
safest way to approach the ship because there isn't really any wreck
debris in front.

(My comment) It seems likely that the debris is near the bow since they
seem to have lost contact early in the dive and that's where they would
likely have started.

https://news.sky.com/story/titanic-submarine-missing-live-updates-
submersible-cannot-be-opened-from-inside-time-running-out-on-oxygen-supply-
waiver-mentions-death-three-times-12905748#6086594

22 June 2023 18:04

Debris is 'landing frame and rear cover from sub', expert says

A rescue expert says the debris found in the search for Titan was "a
landing frame and a rear cover from the submersible".

David Mearns, who is friends with two of the passengers on board Titan,
says he is part of a WhatsApp group involving The Explorers Club.

Mr Mearns told Sky News the president of the club, who is "directly
connected" to the ships on the site, said to the group: "It was a landing
frame and a rear cover from the submersible."

Mr Mearns says: "Again this is an unconventional submarine, that rear
cover is the pointy end of it and the landing frame is the little frame
that it seems to sit on."

He says this confirms that it is the submersible.

Mr Mearns says he knows both British billionaire Hamish Harding and the
French sub pilot Paul-Henri Nargeolet.

"It means the hull hasn't yet been found but two very important parts of
the whole system have been discovered and that would not be found unless
its fragmented," he added.

Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<20230622182652.00003b35@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9976&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9976

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Coast Guard says
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:26:52 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:26 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:43:16 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:01:33 +0000, TWP wrote:
>
> > https://news.sky.com/story/debris-field-discovered-within-search-area-
> >
> near-
> > titanic-us-coast-guard-says-12906735
> >
> > A debris field has been discovered within the search area by a
> > remotely operated underwater vehicle near the Titanic, the US Coast
> > Guard has said.
>
> Jonathan Amos
>
> Science correspondent, BBC News
>
> This report carries huge caveats.
>
> It may be something, it may be nothing.

My guess is it's nothing, just USCG hoping to distract from their failures, hoping to deflect the backlash which is growing against them.

The USCG chose to dismiss what everyone else considered conclusive 'proof of life' as "could be anything", and now they've come out with this meaningless nonsense which does nothing other than plant the suggestion the vessel is in pieces at the bottom of the ocean.

A debris field would indicate some catastrophic dismantling and dispersal of the vessel, which most would take as an implosion of the hull. But that's contrary to experts saying such a thing would be significant enough to be picked up by ocean hydrophones which continually monitor for such explosions, and, of course, the sonarbuoys already deployed in the area.

The $64K question must be why the USCG have adopted this line of reporting.

The most plausible answer to me is they want the public to believe "they were dead anyway" rather than have people believe they are only dead because of USCG failings, fuck-ups and incompetence. It's Arse Covering 101.

Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<20230622184222.0000475d@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9977&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9977

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Coast Guard says
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:42:22 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:42 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:16:47 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Debris is 'landing frame and rear cover from sub', expert says

I'll be reserving judgement until there's some credible and verifiable evidence of whatever has been found.

If it is the case then why didn't USCG report those details, why we are they feeding us vague updates, leaving people to rely on third parties to tell us what's actually been found.

And the question must be, what unreported indications had there been, since 'proof of life' was presumed, that it had imploded or disintegrated ?

And, an even bigger question, if it imploded before what was thought to be 'proof of life' signalling, what produced those signals which appeared to be 'proof of life' signals ?

Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<ek0lM.16076$92h9.10117@fx07.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9984&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9984

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Coast Guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:23:06 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:23 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:42:22 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:16:47 GMT TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Debris is 'landing frame and rear cover from sub', expert says
>
> I'll be reserving judgement until there's some credible and verifiable
> evidence of whatever has been found.
>
> If it is the case then why didn't USCG report those details, why we are
> they feeding us vague updates, leaving people to rely on third parties
> to tell us what's actually been found.
>
> And the question must be, what unreported indications had there been,
> since 'proof of life' was presumed, that it had imploded or
> disintegrated ?
>
> And, an even bigger question, if it imploded before what was thought to
> be 'proof of life' signalling, what produced those signals which
> appeared to be 'proof of life' signals ?

There were lots of round tanks on the submarine - maybe one is rolling
around on the Titanic's deck in the current.

There's a news conference due at 8pm UK time. Maybe they want to get all
the details right before that.

Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<xy0lM.28289$Zq81.8223@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9987&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9987

Coast Guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:38:22 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:38 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:16:47 GMT
> TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Debris is 'landing frame and rear cover from sub', expert says
>
> I'll be reserving judgement until there's some credible and verifiable evidence of whatever has been found.

Oh, suddenly being reserved now are we, as opposed to your very
unreserved reaction hearing some random banging sounds in the ocean [And
I quote YOU:]

"Which at least means they were still alive and the fear-mongering
around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that."

What a hippycrite !
Or perhaps you have actually learned from your mistake [for once] ?

Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<20230622195207.0000174b@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9989&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9989

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Coast Guard says
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:52:07 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:52 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:38:22 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> [And I quote YOU:]
>
> "Which at least means they were still alive and the fear-mongering
> around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that."

And thus another circle of "you said" and "yes, I did say that" begins.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/missing-submarine-search-live-oxygen-27173955

<quotes>

Deep-sea explorer Dr David Gallo said: "In this case, the noises are repetitive, every half hour I believe.

"Three different aircraft heard them in their sensors at the same time and it went on for two days-plus.

"It's still going on apparently. There's not a lot in the natural world we can think of that would do that every 30-minute cycle.

"We have to, at this point, assume that that's the submarine and move quickly to that spot, locate it and get robots down there to verify that is where the submarine is."

</quotes>

Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<l11lM.46916$48w7.27966@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9993&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9993

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Coast Guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:11:13 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:11 UTC

> As Sky's expert points out, this debris has been found now that the
> French 6,000m depth submarine has arrived. He doubts that anyone until
> now has actually searched the sea bed.
>
> Most people he says want to see the Titanic's bow and this is also the
> safest way to approach the ship because there isn't really any wreck
> debris in front.

There was a US ROV on site too as it turns out.

Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<O82lM.8863$bv69.5575@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9995&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9995

Coast Guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:27:27 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 20:27 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:38:22 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> [And I quote YOU:]
>>
>> "Which at least means they were still alive and the fear-mongering
>> around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that."
>
> And thus another circle of "you said" and "yes, I did say that" begins.
Circle of hippy denial, I even called it before it happened, so well
worn and predictable are your cover tactics:
"a wingnut whirlwind of bullshit"

You fell for it because for whatever reason, not even sure if you know
at this point, but you were determined to prove the improvised death
trap and its creator were not at fault.

Sounds heard ! Still alive ! Still intact !
And the fear-mongering around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly
just that"

Shove that tshirt up your ass hippy boy

Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<20230623000252.0000516d@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9999&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#9999

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Coast Guard says
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 00:02:52 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:02 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:27:27 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:38:22 -0400
> > JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
> >
> >> [And I quote YOU:]
> >>
> >> "Which at least means they were still alive and the fear-mongering
> >> around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly just that."
> >
> > And thus another circle of "you said" and "yes, I did say that"
> > begins.
> Circle of hippy denial, I even called it before it happened, so well
> worn and predictable are your cover tactics:
> "a wingnut whirlwind of bullshit"
>
> You fell for it because for whatever reason, not even sure if you
> know at this point, but you were determined to prove the improvised
> death trap and its creator were not at fault.
>
> Sounds heard ! Still alive ! Still intact !
> And the fear-mongering around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly
> just that"
>
> Shove that tshirt up your ass hippy boy

Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<BL4lM.72926$8fUf.65077@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10003&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10003

Coast Guard says
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 19:25:21 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:25 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:27:27 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> The Happy Hippy wrote:

>>> And thus another circle of "you said" and "yes, I did say that"
>>> begins.
>> Circle of hippy denial, I even called it before it happened, so well
>> worn and predictable are your cover tactics:
>> "a wingnut whirlwind of bullshit"
>>
>> You fell for it because for whatever reason, not even sure if you
>> know at this point, but you were determined to prove the improvised
>> death trap and its creator were not at fault.
>>
>> Sounds heard ! Still alive ! Still intact !
>> And the fear-mongering around catastrophic design flaws was seemingly
>> just that"
>>
>> Shove that tshirt up your ass hippy boy

Hit the wrong button, did you ?

Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<20230623122744.000018e4@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10009&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10009

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Coast Guard says
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 12:27:44 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 11:27 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:23:06 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > And, an even bigger question, if it imploded before what was
> > thought to be 'proof of life' signalling, what produced those
> > signals which appeared to be 'proof of life' signals ?
>

> There were lots of round tanks on the submarine - maybe one is
> rolling around on the Titanic's deck in the current.

It would be extremely odd for something to be rolling around every half hour on the dot, and only for three minutes, and keep that up for two or more days straight.

The protocol is designed so such banging is distinguishable from anything natural, that anything natural could be discounted from following the protocol.

Every occurrence of banging for three minutes on the half hour and not inbetween would naturally raise confidence that it was 'proof of life' and not something random. After two days of continuous protocl matching banging one would be pretty certain that's what it was.

The experts who said it was 'proof of life' didn't just jump to that conclusion, based it on the probability of it being anything other than protocol signalling after days of it as so low that it could be discounted.

> There's a news conference due at 8pm UK time. Maybe they want to get
> all the details right before that.

That was rather surreal. It was exactly like the press conferences we see after every mass shooting except it wasn't lefty liberal snowflakes demanding tighter gun control but those on the right insisting it must never be allowed to happen again, demanding tighter regulation be put in place.

I noted USCG downgraded their claim of "banging" to "noises". But did not explain why they had called it banging nor explain how, if it matched the protocol so well, they knew it wasn't, nor why we should discount the experts who believed that it did.

The press conference was also lacking in evidence, no photographs of what they had found.

That was very odd to me, choosing not to present the one thing which would immediately dismiss most conspiracy theories. Instead they have fueled conspiracy theories.

And now the US Navy claims it, and other observers, had detected an implosion early on in the dive.

So why did they sit on that information for four days ? If they told USCG then why did they not report that, instead continued to particpate in what has been a charade ?

Some are suggesting it has all the hallmarks of a retrospective cover-up, that Donald Trump Jr may have a point, that things simply don't add-up.

At least it has all given us an insight into how it's going to be when space tourism strands passengers in orbit or doesn't sling-shot them around the moon, but sends them on an eternal journey into the void.

Re: 'Debris field' discovered within search area near Titanic, US Coast Guard says

<20230623124041.000073fa@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10010&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10010

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Coast Guard says
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 12:40:41 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 11:40 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:23:06 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> There's a news conference due at 8pm UK time. Maybe they want to get
> all the details right before that.

One thing which stood out in that for me was when recovery of bodies was mentioned which illicited the reply of "it is an incredibly unforgiving environment on the seafloor".

If they were killed in a catastrophic implosion, inability to recover bodies would seem to have less to do with how things are on the seafloor, but having been pulped in that implosion, and they would known that.

Maybe it was to soften the shock of what actually happened, how they probably died, but it's another oddity in what's been said.