+- Re: Edinburgh cyclist horrified after driver 'crashed into him thenJNugent
+- Re: Edinburgh cyclist horrified after driver 'crashed into him thenSpike
+- Re: Edinburgh cyclist horrified after driver 'crashed into him thenswldx...@gmail.com

1
Subject: Edinburgh cyclist horrified after driver 'crashed into him then offered a hand shake'
From: swldx...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 11:21 UTC
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 04:21:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Edinburgh cyclist horrified after driver 'crashed into him then
offered a hand shake'
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
View all headers
An Edinburgh cyclist is hoping to find two good samaritans who rushed to his aid after he was flung from his bike after being hit by a Range Rover driver on Princes Street.

The alleged incident, that occurred on Friday evening between 5pm and 7pm, happened outside the Apple Store in the city centre.

Jordan Gardiner, 24, from Slateford, claims he was travelling Eastbound along Princes Street when he was struck by a grey Range Rover that was exiting from West Register Street and travelling Westbound.

He said that he was thrown over his handlebars and suffered from a bad head knock as well as severe bruising to his ribs and legs - the incident has left him coughing up blood a week later.

He was says the driver stopped and walked over before offering a hand shake..

The cyclist says that he was dizzy and disorientated and the adrenaline meant that he just wanted to get on his bike and continue en route to buy an e-scooter from a GumTree seller on London Road.

He thanked the two women who offered to call an ambulance and also attempted to get a picture of the Range Rover driver's licence plate.

Jordan was too shocked to report the incident at the time but has said that he is looking for footage from the nearby Apple store to be provided so that he can contact the police.

On the ordeal, he said: “I was cycling along Princes Street headed towards London Road when I approached the lights outside the Apple Store - which were green.

“There was a bus parked at the stop and a grey Range Rover came out and round what must have been a blind turn for them and knocked me right off my bike.

“I was really startled. The adrenaline kicked in and I was helped off the ground by these two women who I am so grateful for. They were lovely..

“The driver stopped in the bus stop outside Waverley Station and walked over to me but I was in shock so all I did was shake his hand.

“The women were saying that he was in the wrong as I was just cycling along Princes Street with the light being green in front of me.

“I just hopped back on my bike as I was panicking that I would not be able to get the E-scooter that I was going to buy if I was late.”

Jordan, who suffers from anxiety, said that the next few days were a blur.

He suffered from dizzy spells and disorientation, which has led him to believe that he had suffered a concussion from the incident.

He continued: “Everything is still so hazy. I’m hoping to get video footage off of the Apple store so that I can report the incident now that the adrenaline and everything has settled down.

“I have been spitting blood for several days now. My ribs are badly hurt but my legs took the worst of the impact and are covered in bruises.

“I just did not think to get the driver’s details at the time which is silly but the incident just happened so fast.

“I’d love to get in touch with the two women who helped me and thank them personally. Hopefully they can remember and back me up with what happened when I report it.

“Lately I have read about cyclists being killed by motorists or badly injured online, so in a way I am thankful that it was not worse.

“The driver had no right to come round the bus blind like that. He was wearing sunglasses and it was an overcast day as well. His visibility must have been impaired."

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-cyclist-horrified-after-driver-24080464#comments-wrapper

Subject: Might have missed buying an e-scooter if I was late...
From: Spike
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 11:46 UTC
From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 11:46:12 +0000
View all headers
On 31/05/2022 11:21, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

An Edinburgh cyclist is hoping to find two good samaritans who rushed to his aid after he was flung from his bike after being hit by a Range Rover driver on Princes Street.

The alleged incident, that occurred on Friday evening between 5pm and 7pm, happened outside the Apple Store in the city centre.

Jordan Gardiner, 24, from Slateford, claims he was travelling Eastbound along Princes Street when he was struck by a grey Range Rover that was exiting from West Register Street and travelling Westbound.

“I just hopped back on my bike as I was panicking that I would not be
able to get the E-scooter that I was going to buy if I was late.”

Hmmm...

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-cyclist-horrified-after-driver-24080464#comments-wrapper

--
Spike

From: Spike
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 11:57 UTC
From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
offered a hand shake'
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 11:57:59 +0000
View all headers
On 31/05/2022 11:48, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
On Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 12:21:45 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

An Edinburgh cyclist is hoping to find two good samaritans who rushed to his aid after he was flung from his bike after being hit by a Range Rover driver on Princes Street.

Luckily, the reg number of the coward has been reported to the police, so it's only a matter of time before he gets nabbed.

Lucky he wasn't riding a bicycle, eh?

--
Spike

From: Spike
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 15:29 UTC
From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
offered a hand shake'
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 15:29:25 +0000
View all headers
On 31/05/2022 12:03, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
QUOTE: Jordan was too shocked to report the incident at the time but has said that he is looking for footage from the nearby Apple store to be provided so that he can contact the police. ENDS

No need - the police are already on the case thanks to the two helpers.

One wonders if a contributory factor might have been...

QUOTE
“...I was panicking that I would not be able to get the E-scooter that I
was going to buy if I was late.”
ENDS

--
Spike

From: Spike
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 17:14 UTC
From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
offered a hand shake'
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 17:14:02 +0000
View all headers
On 31/05/2022 16:04, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
QUOTE: “The women were saying that he was in the wrong as I was just cycling along Princes Street with the light being green in front of me. ENDS

Surely not yet another driver jumping a red light?

So far there is only the cyclist's word for the state of the traffic lights.

Don't forget he was in a panic about buying an e-scooter.

--
Spike

From: Spike
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 17:35 UTC
From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
offered a hand shake'
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 17:35:25 +0000
View all headers
On 31/05/2022 17:24, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
QUOTE: “I have been spitting blood for several days now. ENDS

I'm not surprised - I'd be hopping mad too at the idiot driver.

The cyclist's panicking to buy an e-scooter might have been a
contributing factor?

--
Spike

From: JNugent
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 18:27 UTC
From: jennings&co@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
offered a hand shake'
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 19:27:18 +0100
[...]

Has compensation set in?

From: Spike
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 09:05 UTC
From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
offered a hand shake'
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 09:05:01 +0000
View all headers
On 31/05/2022 17:40, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

QUOTE: > “The women were saying that he was in the wrong. ENDS

So they saw the idiot driver go through a red light too?

Where do they say that?

Useful witnesses.

Possibly.

--
Spike

From: swldx...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 10:08 UTC
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 03:08:53 -0700 (PDT)
offered a hand shake'
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
View all headers

The alleged incident, that occurred on Friday evening between 5pm and 7pm, happened outside the Apple Store in the city centre.

Jordan Gardiner, 24, from Slateford, claims he was travelling Eastbound along Princes Street when he was struck by a grey Range Rover that was exiting from West Register Street and travelling Westbound.

The Apple store does indeed have a video of the incident, so I'm told.
I would have expected little else.

From: Spike
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 14:26 UTC
From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
offered a hand shake'
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 14:26:07 +0000
View all headers
On 31/05/2022 18:30, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

QUOTE: “There was a bus parked at the stop and a grey Range Rover came out and round what must have been a blind turn for them and knocked me right off my bike. ENDS

Blind turn and a red light? What a moron - let's hope he doesn't get let off with a wrist slap.

There's no lights of any kind mentioned in the quote - red or otherwise.

--
Spike

From: swldx...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 15:48 UTC
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 08:48:04 -0700 (PDT)
offered a hand shake'
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
View all headers

“I’d love to get in touch with the two women who helped me and thank them personally. Hopefully they can remember and back me up with what happened when I report it.

It will be enough if they can confirm that he drove around a blind bend and through a red light.
Slam dunk for the court.

From: Spike
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:55 UTC
From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
offered a hand shake'
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 07:55:09 +0000
View all headers
On 01/06/2022 15:48, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

“I’d love to get in touch with the two women who helped me and thank them personally. Hopefully they can remember and back me up with what happened when I report it.

It will be enough if they can confirm that he drove around a blind bend and through a red light.
Slam dunk for the court.

Still no mention of a red light in any reporting.

--
Spike

From: swldx...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 10:41 UTC
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 03:41:08 -0700 (PDT)
offered a hand shake'
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
View all headers

“The driver had no right to come round the bus blind like that. He was wearing sunglasses and it was an overcast day as well. His visibility must have been impaired."

Police are clamping down on too darkly tinted windows as well.

From: Spike
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 16:37 UTC
From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
offered a hand shake'
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 16:37:20 +0000
View all headers
On 02/06/2022 10:41, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

“The driver had no right to come round the bus blind like that. He was wearing sunglasses and it was an overcast day as well. His visibility must have been impaired."

Police are clamping down on too darkly tinted windows as well.

Wear sunglasses instead. With cameras.

--
Spike

From: swldx...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 16:40 UTC
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 09:40:57 -0700 (PDT)
offered a hand shake'
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
View all headers
On Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 11:41:09 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
“The driver had no right to come round the bus blind like that. He was wearing sunglasses and it was an overcast day as well. His visibility must have been impaired."
Police are clamping down on too darkly tinted windows as well.

Vehicles first used on 1 April 1985 or later

The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through.

1
rocksolid light 0.7.2
clearneti2ptor