"When in doubt, print 'em out." -- Karl's Programming Proverb 0x7

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to Ukraine

SubjectAuthor
* Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to UkraineJeSSe
+* Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to UkraineThe Happy Hippy
|`* Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to UkraineJeSSe
| `- Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to UkraineThe Happy Hippy
`* Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to UkraineThe Happy Hippy
 `- Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to UkraineThe Happy Hippy

1
Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to Ukraine

<0u0qM.102049$W7d4.22392@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10287&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10287

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to Ukraine
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 18:38:50 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 22:38 UTC

I was holding off condemning this crass escalation hoping that we were
giving them anti armor cluster munitions but that doesn't appear to be
the case, the compromised Bolsheviks with their bought & sold senile
"leader" seem to be in a position of not being able to say no to endless
demands for weapons.

Saying previously that Russias use of cluster munitions is a possible
war crime, they rationalize their flip flop thusly:

* Many many unexploded munitions on Ukraine soil already, a few more
millions won't hurt

* They have signed assurances from some unnamed Ukrainians that they
will be very very careful

And thats about it folks, the Bolsheviks throw away any high ground they
claimed to have, Russia has unlimited unrestricted use of them, all of
which they will blame on Ukraine ,, And a precedent is set, we'll wait
to see what taboos they will break next. Napalm, maybe ?

EU, as Xippy said in another post, will possibly emerge as the biggest
hypocrites of all, all the years and decades they have spent trying to
have these munitions banned, all the unenforceable treaties, gone in a
blink of an eye, we'll see if any of them work up the nerve to even
publicly speak out against this, I am doubting it. Bolsheviks will come
down hard on any NATO nation not on the exact same page as them, expect
some bare lip service at the very most.

Who knows, they made need cluster munitions for their own defense some day.

``````````````

White House defends sending cluster munitions to Ukraine: Biden's
National Security Advisor says Russia is ALREADY using them and Kyiv has
given 'assurances' they'll minimize risk to civilians - after previously
claiming it would start World War Three

National security advisor Jake Sullivan said making the decision to
send Kiev the bombs was 'not easy' but 'we will not leave Ukraine
defenseless'
'We recognize that cluster munitions create a risk to civilians
which is why we have deferred decision as much as we could,' he said

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12276239/White-House-defends-sending-cluster-munitions-Ukraine.html

Re: Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to Ukraine

<20230708110826.00004d1d@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10292&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10292

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 11:08:26 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 10:08 UTC

On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 18:38:50 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> I was holding off condemning this crass escalation hoping that we
> were giving them anti armor cluster munitions but that doesn't appear
> to be the case, the compromised Bolsheviks with their bought & sold
> senile "leader" seem to be in a position of not being able to say no
> to endless demands for weapons.

"Doesn't appear to be", "seem to be"

You are the hypocrite who attacks me for using such terms.

Re: Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to Ukraine

<20230708114800.00000434@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10295&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10295

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 11:48:00 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 10:48 UTC

On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 18:38:50 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Saying previously that Russias use of cluster munitions is a possible
> war crime, they rationalize their flip flop thusly:
>
> * Many many unexploded munitions on Ukraine soil already, a few more
> millions won't hurt
>
> * They have signed assurances from some unnamed Ukrainians that they
> will be very very careful
>
> And thats about it folks

You forgot the big one - That Ukraine is running out of artillery.

US law prohibits the production, use or and transfer of cluster munitions with a failure rate of more than 1%, but National Security Adviser, Jake Sullivan, has admitted those being given to Ukraine have a failure rate of up to 2.5%

Germany has already spoken out to condemn the supply. We will have to wait and see what other NATO members, such as Britain, France and most others, who oppose the use of cluster munitions have to say.

All it takes for evil to flourish is to stand back and do nothing.

And we wonder why so many hate the west, why so many won't support Ukraine nor NATO's proxy war on Russia.

Re: Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to Ukraine

<20230708160853.000058e0@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10299&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10299

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 16:08:53 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 15:08 UTC

On Sat, 8 Jul 2023 11:48:00 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> US law prohibits the production, use or and transfer of cluster
> munitions with a failure rate of more than 1%, but National Security
> Adviser, Jake Sullivan, has admitted those being given to Ukraine
> have a failure rate of up to 2.5%
>
> Germany has already spoken out to condemn the supply. We will have to
> wait and see what other NATO members, such as Britain, France and
> most others, who oppose the use of cluster munitions have to say.
>
> All it takes for evil to flourish is to stand back and do nothing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66142554

<quote>

The UK is committed to a convention which "discourages" the use of cluster bombs, Rishi Sunak has said, after the US agreed to supply them to Ukraine.

</quote>

That's about all we could expect from spineless Sunak in the face of America providing illegal and banned munitions to Ukraine.

Re: Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to Ukraine

<g9fqM.92764$edN3.72712@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10301&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10301

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 11:20:44 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 15:20 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 18:38:50 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> I was holding off condemning this crass escalation hoping that we
>> were giving them anti armor cluster munitions but that doesn't appear
>> to be the case, the compromised Bolsheviks with their bought & sold
>> senile "leader" seem to be in a position of not being able to say no
>> to endless demands for weapons.
>
> "Doesn't appear to be", "seem to be"
>
> You are the hypocrite who attacks me for using such terms.

Too thick to recognize a poke at yourself ?
I even started a thread titled "Top Russian general [appears to be]
harshly interrogated by commies [it seems]" Did that blow over your head
too ?

Nothing wrong with using those terms occasionally, you were doing it
every post in a flimsy attempt to present pure bullshit as confirmed fact.

Re: Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to Ukraine

<20230708164621.0000591e@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10302&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10302

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 16:46:21 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 15:46 UTC

On Sat, 8 Jul 2023 11:20:44 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 18:38:50 -0400
> > JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I was holding off condemning this crass escalation hoping that we
> >> were giving them anti armor cluster munitions but that doesn't
> >> appear to be the case, the compromised Bolsheviks with their
> >> bought & sold senile "leader" seem to be in a position of not
> >> being able to say no to endless demands for weapons.
> >
> > "Doesn't appear to be", "seem to be"
> >
> > You are the hypocrite who attacks me for using such terms.
> >
> Too thick to recognize a poke at yourself ?

It wasn't though was it, as you say -

> Nothing wrong with using those terms occasionally

Which is what you did.

But now you are pretending it was something else entirely.

We can all see it wasn't.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Bolsheviks rationalize gifting cluster bombs to Ukraine