From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: This is what war feels like
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 13:03:28 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 12:03 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66199622

<quotes>

One in 20 adults reported running out of food and being unable to afford more as prices soared, according to an official survey.

Single parents were particularly vulnerable, the Office for National Statistics survey suggested, as 28% found themselves in such a scenario.

Some 43% of tenants said they were finding it difficult to afford the rent between February and May, the ONS said. That compares with 28% of mortgage holders struggling with repayments.

</quotes>

It's not this bad in Russia, possibly not in Ukraine.

And it's far from being over as we reap our brexit dividend. It might not be the brexit people thought they were voting for but it's what brextremists told us they had planned for us as they pursued their Singapore on Thames dream.

Welcome to the reality of "project fear".

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / This is what war feels like