From: newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: SOP: Gordon Sparks
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 13:21:36 +0000
 by: Scott - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:21 UTC

This is a very long shot, but does anyone have any recordings of the
late Gordon Sparks presenting the Golden Hour (Gordon Hour) at BBC
Radio Devon? I have written to a couple of presenters at the station,
with no success. I believe BBC policy is not to provide copies of
copyright material and in any event I assume such material will not be
retained long term.

Re: SOP: Gordon Sparks

<cpl9si5ljtqahq5cbjbpp05nbng715kciu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10380&group=uk.tech.broadcast#10380

From: newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: SOP: Gordon Sparks
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 13:29:25 +0000
 by: Scott - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:29 UTC

On Thu, 08 Feb 2024 13:21:36 +0000, Scott
<newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

>This is a very long shot, but does anyone have any recordings of the
>late Gordon Sparks presenting the Golden Hour (Gordon Hour) at BBC
>Radio Devon? I have written to a couple of presenters at the station,
>with no success. I believe BBC policy is not to provide copies of
>copyright material and in any event I assume such material will not be
>retained long term.

Again IGNORE.

Re: SOP: Gordon Sparks

<l2k3m8Fn5hcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10383&group=uk.tech.broadcast#10383

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:36:09 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:36 UTC

On 08/02/2024 13:21, Scott wrote:
> This is a very long shot, but does anyone have any recordings of the
> late Gordon Sparks presenting the Golden Hour (Gordon Hour) at BBC
> Radio Devon? I have written to a couple of presenters at the station,
> with no success. I believe BBC policy is not to provide copies of
> copyright material and in any event I assume such material will not be
> retained long term.

Depending on the station's retention pplicy, there will have been a
station log recording of him speaking available for a while, but these
are not normally available to those outside the station and the
authorities. These were or area a legal requirement, but were or are
normally deleted after a year or so and the media re-used.

Have you asked the station management or station archivist about these?
Presenters would have only had access to their own recordings, and may
not even be aware they exist.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: SOP: Gordon Sparks

<n9m9si1pgco8ncvqau8eflqteajnkcsaop@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10384&group=uk.tech.broadcast#10384

From: newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 13:38:35 +0000
 by: Scott - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:38 UTC

On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:36:09 +0000, John Williamson
<johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
[snip]

Can we move to my corrected thread.

Re: Gordon Sparks

<uqaiub$103pu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10416&group=uk.tech.broadcast#10416

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: Gordon Sparks
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:43:38 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:43 UTC

No there were a number of shows like this. I often wonder about the
ramblings of Keith Skews on the East of England late shows.
They have lost a lot of well loved presenters by making the late shows on
local radio national. They appear now to be coming from Salford and London
at the weekends.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Scott" <newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote in message
> This is a very long shot, but does anyone have any recordings of the
> late Gordon Sparks presenting the Golden Hour (Gordon Hour) at BBC
> Radio Devon? I have written to a couple of presenters at the station,
> with no success. I believe BBC policy is not to provide copies of
> copyright material and in any event I assume such material will not be
> retained long term.

Re: Gordon Sparks

<tbgssi11101bhumabrjeb73m5js2giuj93@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10469&group=uk.tech.broadcast#10469

From: newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 16:56:26 +0000
 by: Scott - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 16:56 UTC

On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:43:38 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
<brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:

>No there were a number of shows like this. I often wonder about the
>ramblings of Keith Skews on the East of England late shows.
> They have lost a lot of well loved presenters by making the late shows on
>local radio national. They appear now to be coming from Salford and London
>at the weekends.
> Brian

I can see an argument for closing (the local station) late at night
when the audiences are probably very low (did they not go to Radio 2
at either 7 pm or 8 pm in the old days?) but it is totally
unacceptable not to provide local service during daytime including
weekends (IMO of course).