From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Apple balks at UK fascism
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 16:15:08 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 15:15 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66256081

<quotes>

Apple says it will remove services such as FaceTime and iMessage from the UK rather than weaken security if new proposals are made law and acted upon.

Updates to the Investigatory Powers Act 2016 lets the Home Office demand security features are disabled, without telling the public.

Apple has consistently opposed the act, originally dubbed a "snooper's charter" by critics.

</quotes>

Other companies have also opposed the act and others, have said they will withdraw their services rather tan comply, as our government seeks to create a surveillance state worse than China and North Korea.

Re: Apple balks at UK fascism

<fIAuM.94393$Yvo3.15869@fx07.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10601&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10601

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: Apple balks at UK fascism
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 19:07:55 GMT
 by: TWP - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 19:07 UTC

On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 16:15:08 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66256081
>
> <quotes>
>
> Apple says it will remove services such as FaceTime and iMessage from
> the UK rather than weaken security if new proposals are made law and
> acted upon.
>
> Updates to the Investigatory Powers Act 2016 lets the Home Office demand
> security features are disabled, without telling the public.
>
> Apple has consistently opposed the act, originally dubbed a "snooper's
> charter" by critics.
>
> </quotes>
>
> Other companies have also opposed the act and others, have said they
> will withdraw their services rather tan comply, as our government seeks
> to create a surveillance state worse than China and North Korea.

If people lost something important to them that they use all the time they
might actually notice what's happening for once.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Apple balks at UK fascism