From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Biden conspiracy claims undermined
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 14:57:49 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 13:57 UTC

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/house-gop-hunter-biden-hearing-b2378354.html

<quotes>

House Republicans’ efforts to paint President Joe Biden and his family as corrupt influence peddlers are being undermined by the very people they’ve touted as whistleblowers against the Bidens

A review of the testimony the witnesses have delivered reveals that Department of Justice actions were either made during the Trump administration or were actually run-of-the-mill decisions by attorneys who were applying department rules or making professional judgments based on applicable case law and the evidence available.

Despite Mr Shapley’s claims that the decisions by IRS and DOJ officials seemed calculated to protect the Bidens, it turns out that much of it took place long before Mr Biden’s January 2021 inauguration, during the administration of then-president Donald Trump.

What’s more, even the anonymous whistleblower who the GOP panel billed as “Whistleblower X” denied that the decisions cited by Mr Shapley had political motivations when questioned behind closed doors.

Mr X said the slow approach to investigations was typical of the Delaware US Attorney’s office, which since 2017 has been headed by Trump appointee David Weiss.

</quotes>

Turns out that just saying it's so doesn't make it so no matter how much some want to believe it does.

Re: Biden conspiracy claims undermined

<_aduM.6577$m8Ke.697@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10568&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10568

Subject: Re: Biden conspiracy claims undermined
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 12:22:17 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 16:22 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/house-gop-hunter-biden-hearing-b2378354.html
>
> <quotes>
>
> House Republicans’ efforts to paint President Joe Biden and his family as corrupt influence peddlers are being undermined by the very people they’ve touted as whistleblowers against the Bidens
>
> A review of the testimony the witnesses have delivered reveals that Department of Justice actions were either made during the Trump administration or were actually run-of-the-mill decisions by attorneys who were applying department rules or making professional judgments based on applicable case law and the evidence available.
>
> Despite Mr Shapley’s claims that the decisions by IRS and DOJ officials seemed calculated to protect the Bidens, it turns out that much of it took place long before Mr Biden’s January 2021 inauguration, during the administration of then-president Donald Trump.
>
> What’s more, even the anonymous whistleblower who the GOP panel billed as “Whistleblower X” denied that the decisions cited by Mr Shapley had political motivations when questioned behind closed doors.
>
> Mr X said the slow approach to investigations was typical of the Delaware US Attorney’s office, which since 2017 has been headed by Trump appointee David Weiss.
>
> </quotes>
>
> Turns out that just saying it's so doesn't make it so no matter how much some want to believe it does.

MORE kneejerk defense of the most corrupt political family in US history
[Except when it comes to Ukraine, of course]

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Biden conspiracy claims undermined