Living your life is a task so difficult, it has never been attempted before.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Ukraine 0 - Russia 1

SubjectAuthor
* Ukraine 0 - Russia 1The Happy Hippy
`* Ukraine 0 - Russia 1JeSSe
 +* Ukraine 0 - Russia 1The Happy Hippy
 |`* Ukraine 0 - Russia 1JeSSe
 | `* Ukraine 0 - Russia 1The Happy Hippy
 |  `* Ukraine 0 - Russia 1JeSSe
 |   `* Ukraine 0 - Russia 1The Happy Hippy
 |    `- Ukraine 0 - Russia 1JeSSe
 `- Ukraine 0 - Russia 1The Happy Hippy

1
Ukraine 0 - Russia 1

<20230725214250.00007f21@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10652&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10652

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Ukraine 0 - Russia 1
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 21:42:50 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 20:42 UTC

https://www.businessinsider.com/mistakes-cost-ukraine-round-one-of-the-counteroffensive-war-experts-2023-7

<quotes>

Ukraine's opening move in the counteroffensive was unsuccessful, experts just back from a trip there assert.

Kyiv bet big on a strategy that didn't pan out.

Facing tough Russian defenses, Ukraine really needed to throw its opening counteroffensive punch "as close to flawlessly as possible" to achieve a breakthrough, but things did not go according to plan, war experts who recently returned from the front lines said in a podcast interview.

In the early days of the Ukrainian counteroffensive, some of the advancing assault units were disoriented, especially at night, moved in the wrong direction, and sometimes ran into minefields that hadn't yet been cleared out, he said.

In one case, the advance was delayed and happened at dawn, instead of at night, limiting the value of the night-vision equipment in the new vehicles, equipment the Russians don't have for the most part. And the accompanying artillery barrage happened hours before the advance.

While mines, which have received a lot of discussion, played a role in blunting the assault, the initial advances were primarily beaten back by Russian artillery and attack helicopters equipped with anti-tank missiles.

The lack of necessary equipment and experience, along with the blunders, saw Ukraine miss its opportunity to strike a heavy blow, to break Russian lines and deliver a powerful first-round hit, but the battle continues.

</quotes>

One of the new approaches Ukraine has taken is to lob American cluster munitions at Russians in Ukrainian territory to drive them back.

In self-mining the areas Ukraine seeks to retake, needs to advance through, I am not sure anyone has thought that through.

But, given they are so short on weapons, they perhaps have little choice.

Re: Ukraine 0 - Russia 1

<I90wM.16437$QQFb.11181@fx38.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10655&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10655

Subject: Re: Ukraine 0 - Russia 1
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 23:11:35 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 03:11 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> https://www.businessinsider.com/mistakes-cost-ukraine-round-one-of-the-counteroffensive-war-experts-2023-7
>
> <quotes>
>
> experts assert.

I think I see the problem, "experts" ?
What experts ? What are they expert at ? Are they self declared experts,
or have others labeled them as experts ?
Who are they ?
Ah, theres good old, renowned Rob Lee, a senior fellow at the Foreign
Policy Research Institute ,, Along with other unnamed experts.

Yeah, can really draw some far reaching conclusions with experts like that !

Re: Ukraine 0 - Russia 1

<20230726123338.0000407e@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10658&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10658

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 12:33:38 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 11:33 UTC

On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 23:11:35 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > https://www.businessinsider.com/mistakes-cost-ukraine-round-one-of-the-counteroffensive-war-experts-2023-7
> >
> > <quotes>
> >
> > experts assert.
>

> I think I see the problem, "experts" ?

That's typical attacking the messenger for not liking the message.

I guess German Intelligence aren't experts either when they say the counter-offensive is too slow and has so not delivered the results expected because "they are not doing it properly", that they are spreading their men too thinly, are operating in units which are too small, aren't following the training they've been given. Are making "wrong and dangerous decisions" because they persist in promoting those with combat experience rather than NATO trained soldiers.

And I suppose Ukrainians aren't experts when they admit that it hasn't gone as well as they hoped.

You are more than welcome to provide details of anyone who thinks the counter-offensive is going well or doing better than expected.

Even Zelensky admits it isn't.

And I doubt even you would be stupid enough to say it is.

Re: Ukraine 0 - Russia 1

<VIcwM.218125$AsA.68204@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10660&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10660

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 13:28:20 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 17:28 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 23:11:35 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> The Happy Hippy wrote:
>>> https://www.businessinsider.com/mistakes-cost-ukraine-round-one-of-the-counteroffensive-war-experts-2023-7
>>>
>>> <quotes>
>>>
>>> experts assert.
>>

>> I think I see the problem, "experts" ?
>
> That's typical attacking the messenger for not liking the message.

You should know, #1 attacker of unapproved sources that you are.

[How many times have you dismissed dailymail out of hand ?] Then
hypocritically post DM links yourself when it fits your leftist wingnut
agenda ?
Some guy, expert or not no one knows, with a small glimpse of a large
scale conflict is not going to get the big picture, it really is just as
simple as that.

Re: Ukraine 0 - Russia 1

<20230726201539.00001824@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10666&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10666

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 20:15:39 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 19:15 UTC

On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 13:28:20 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 23:11:35 -0400
> > JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> >> I think I see the problem, "experts" ?
> >
> > That's typical attacking the messenger for not liking the message.
>

> You should know, #1 attacker of unapproved sources that you are.

Except you are the one doing that.

Any evidence that the counter-offensive is going well or doing better than anyone expected ?

No. Thought not.

There's plenty of evidence which shows it isn't.

https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-counteroffensive-russia-plan-zelensky-putin-1814291

<quotes>

Unlike last year's advances, which saw Ukraine claim to have liberated 4,600 square miles between September 6 and October 2, the offensive beginning more than seven weeks ago has seen approximately 80 square miles and eight settlements recaptured, according to Kyiv.

"It's fair to say that for Ukraine It's not going as smoothly as they would like," Glen Grant, a military analyst who has advised Ukraine's armed forces

</quotes>

It has been calculated, at the current rate of so-called progress it will take 16 years to recapture all Russian held territory. And that assumes Russia doesn't make it harder for them.

Some people thought that by gifting Ukraine advanced weapons systems they would quickly oust occupying forces.

That hasn't happened and Ukraine has already lost a fifth of those weapons in battle.

Re: Ukraine 0 - Russia 1

<HNjwM.32375$VPEa.21431@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10677&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10677

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 21:31:19 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 01:31 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:

> the counter-offensive is going well doing better than anyone expected

Good, bad news for you is always good news for actual humans

Re: Ukraine 0 - Russia 1

<20230727105216.00006bda@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10682&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10682

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 10:52:16 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 09:52 UTC

On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 21:31:19 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> > the counter-offensive is going well doing better than anyone
> > expected
>
> Good, bad news for you is always good news for actual humans

You really are a pathetic cunt.

Re: Ukraine 0 - Russia 1

<2YwwM.274849$GMN3.266817@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10689&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10689

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 12:29:50 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 16:29 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 21:31:19 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>>> the counter-offensive is going well doing better than anyone
>>> expected
>>
>> Good, bad news for you is always good news for actual humans
>
> You really are a pathetic cunt.

Thank you, and you even more so

Re: Ukraine 0 - Russia 1

<20230727205541.00000bf2@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10699&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10699

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 20:55:41 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 19:55 UTC

JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> theres good old, renowned Rob Lee

You have made a grade school mistake which everyone can see.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Ukraine 0 - Russia 1