Subject: No FINE! Cyclist jumps red light, only gets WARNING
From: Spike
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 08:58 UTC
From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 08:58:17 +0000
View all headers
A CYCLIST who jumped a red light and almost collided with an oncoming
car only received a verbal warning from the police.

By Kris Boratyn

14:30, Sun, Jun 12, 2022 | UPDATED: 14:39, Sun, Jun 12, 2022

A cyclist who jumped a red traffic light in the Fareham area near
Portsmouth got away with a verbal warning after almost causing a nasty
collision with an oncoming car. The incident was witnessed by an
unmarked police car which was behind the cyclist.

The motorist in control of the approaching vehicle was forced to perform
evasive action to avoid the cyclist.

A local police officer took to Facebook after the incident to warn cyclists.

Writing on the Fareham Cops Facebook page [it was] said: "Just when you
think you've seen it all before.

"Whilst out on patrol today I was behind a cyclist who went straight
through a red light at lane-controlled roadworks and into the path of an
oncoming car.

"Thankfully, the driver saw what was happening and gave room for the
cyclist to pass by.

"After being stopped and given a verbal warning, [the cyclist] was sent
on their way.

“Explained that not seeing the red light (or the marked police car) does
not cut the mustard."

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1624291/driving-fine-cyclist-jumps-red-light-road-collision-warning

--
Spike