From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.rail
Subject: Indonesia to get REAL VFT and track before Australia
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 09:42:32 +1000
 by: Petzl - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 23:42 UTC

<https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Transportation/Indonesia-set-to-open-Southeast-Asia-s-1st-high-speed-rail-in-October?utm_source=paid.outbrain.com&utm_campaign=BA_AUS&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=M7-14&dicbo=v4-ogqwKpa-1131228701>
https://tinyurl.com/2y7b2qhq
JAKARTA -- After repeated delays, Indonesia's high-speed rail service
is set to begin commercial operations as early as October, the first
of its kind in Southeast Asia.
The Indonesian-Chinese consortium Kereta Cepat Indonesia China (KCIC)
set October as the new opening date after pushing back the previous
timeline of August. KCIC will use the extra time to conduct further
test runs to ensure safety.

Lots of Train stories from Asian site.
This one for instance
<https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Markets/Commodities/China-bankrolls-Africa-railroad-to-cut-Australia-iron-ore-reliance>
https://tinyurl.com/2975yt7x
TOKYO -- While China-Australia relations seem to be thawing, Beijing
is slowly but surely moving to cut its dependence on Australian iron
ore.
Last Friday, mining giant Rio Tinto and a consortium of Chinese
state-owned enterprises announced that they had concluded key
agreements with the government of Guinea to build a trans-Guinean
railway capable of carrying iron ore from the west African nation's
inland to the coast.

--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

Re: Indonesia to get REAL VFT and track before Australia

<uhsvep$1gnip$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=104&group=aus.rail#104

From: matthew@sleeper.apana.org.au (Matthew Geier)
Newsgroups: aus.rail
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 18:41:13 +1100
 by: Matthew Geier - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 07:41 UTC

On 18/8/23 09:42, Petzl wrote:

> TOKYO -- While China-Australia relations seem to be thawing, Beijing
> is slowly but surely moving to cut its dependence on Australian iron
> ore.
> Last Friday, mining giant Rio Tinto and a consortium of Chinese
> state-owned enterprises announced that they had concluded key
> agreements with the government of Guinea to build a trans-Guinean
> railway capable of carrying iron ore from the west African nation's
> inland to the coast.

China has been spending big in Africa, and not just to secure iron ore.
Other minerals too. Once they are no longer dependant on Australian iron
ore, watch them really put the screws on.

The trade barriers so far thrown at Australian suppliers when we
'offend' them are just tasters of what they will do once they are not
dependant on our iron ore.

Re: Indonesia to get REAL VFT and track before Australia

<l7egkidihc2l0c109r8nndqe5dm4n6p69i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=108&group=aus.rail#108

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.rail
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 12:00:36 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 01:00 UTC

On Wed, 1 Nov 2023 18:41:13 +1100, Matthew Geier
<matthew@sleeper.apana.org.au> wrote:

>On 18/8/23 09:42, Petzl wrote:
>

>> TOKYO -- While China-Australia relations seem to be thawing, Beijing
>> is slowly but surely moving to cut its dependence on Australian iron
>> ore.
>> Last Friday, mining giant Rio Tinto and a consortium of Chinese
>> state-owned enterprises announced that they had concluded key
>> agreements with the government of Guinea to build a trans-Guinean
>> railway capable of carrying iron ore from the west African nation's
>> inland to the coast.
>
>China has been spending big in Africa, and not just to secure iron ore.
>Other minerals too. Once they are no longer dependant on Australian iron
>ore, watch them really put the screws on.
>
>The trade barriers so far thrown at Australian suppliers when we
>'offend' them are just tasters of what they will do once they are not
>dependant on our iron ore.

My reckoning also
Finally see some progress with trains in NSW
<https://inlandrail.artc.com.au/shorthand_story/n2ns-p1-operational/>
https://bityl.co/M99i
Narrabri to North Star Phase 1 is now fully operational
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.