From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Dodging the draft
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 00:28:06 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 23:28 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66478422

<quote>

Ukrainian conscription officials accused of taking bribes and smuggling people out of the country have been sacked in an anti-corruption purge.

</quote>

The level of corruption in Ukraine isn't surprising. The number trying to dodge the draft, refusing to fight for their country, perhaps is.

Re: Dodging the draft

<0rNBM.90659$xLnb.20325@fx01.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10863&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10863

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: Dodging the draft
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 15:20:28 GMT
 by: TWP - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 15:20 UTC

On Sat, 12 Aug 2023 00:28:06 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66478422
>
> <quote>
>
> Ukrainian conscription officials accused of taking bribes and smuggling
> people out of the country have been sacked in an anti-corruption purge.
>
> </quote>
>
> The level of corruption in Ukraine isn't surprising. The number trying
> to dodge the draft, refusing to fight for their country, perhaps is.

They seem to be doing most of the fighting remotely with drones and
missiles at the moment anyway. May as well as long as they have drones
and missiles. Probably also better than trying to store them and having
Russia blow them up.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Dodging the draft