From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: The injustice of British justice
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 14:44:07 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 13:44 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66513959

<quotes>

Documents in the case of Andy Malkinson, found guilty in 2004 of raping a woman in Greater Manchester, show the DNA of another man was identified three years after he was wrongly jailed for rape.

Case documents seen by BBC News show that all the key agencies involved in Andy Malkinson's case knew by 2009 of this exonerating DNA.

</quotes>

He was denied the right to appeal, kept in jail, for 14 years, despite it being known he was wrongly convicted.

Ironically he spent longer in jail than he needed to, was refused early release, because he wouldn't admit to a crime he never committed.

Never let it be said we don't know how to punish innocent people. Doubly so when it comes to punishing people for refusing to accept a lie as truth.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / The injustice of British justice