From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Ukrainian PoW's tortured
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 15:05:42 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 14:05 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66453692

<quote>

Former Ukrainian captives say they were subjected to torture, including frequent beatings and electric shocks, while in custody at a detention facility in south-western Russia, in what would be serious violations of international humanitarian law.

</quote>

It would be easy to suggest such claims are mere invention, to demonise those considered the enemy, but it has to be remembered that the US engaged in similar and even worse torture in Anu Ghraib and Guantanamo. And not just against enemy fighters, but innocent civilians.

And Ukraine has also been accused of mistreatment of prisoners, even of murdering PoW's. Watching footage of Ukrainian fascists beating up and abusing Ukrainian citizens it doesn't surprise me.

And it's unsurprising that turning up in Russian custody sporting Nazi tattoos doesn't help their situation.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Ukrainian PoW's tortured