Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: For the 1st time in history, democrat official resigns after he
fucked up
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 23:13:55 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Fri, 18 Aug 2023 03:13 UTC

If other wingnuts learn from him, we may see a wave of mass
resignations, cause one would be hard pressed to name something they
haven't fucked up.

He actually does have a valid point, the natives would have thought
emergency sirens blaring in the middle of the night would mean either a
tsunami or an attack by China and in either case, they would have run
for the hills, right where the blaze was coming from ,, But it matters
not, democrats always need a fall guy, and he is just as good as any.

Mayor will also be hard pressed to hang onto his job, maybe even the
governor - Only mass handouts will save them, and the Bolsheviks will no
doubt lay it on thick to keep the scorched natives from voting for
someone competent [read:Republican] in the future.

```````````````

Hawaii wildfires: Maui's emergency leader RESIGNS citing 'health
reasons' a day after claiming it didn't matter his team didn't set off
island's sirens - as death toll hits 111

Chief Herman Andaya resigned on Thursday night citing health reasons
It comes a day after he defended not activating warning sirens as
the fatal wildfire swept across the island
The death toll from the disaster has now hit 111 and is expected to
keep rising

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12419281/Hawaii-wildfires-Mauis-emergency-leader-RESIGNS-citing-health-reasons-day-claiming-didnt-matter-team-didnt-set-islands-sirens-death-toll-hits-111.html

Re: For the 1st time in history, democrat official resigns after he fucked up

<z3QDM.260738$Yvo3.151133@fx07.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10916&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10916

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
fucked up
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 19:58:23 GMT
 by: TWP - Fri, 18 Aug 2023 19:58 UTC

On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 23:13:55 -0400, JeSSe wrote:

> If other wingnuts learn from him, we may see a wave of mass
> resignations, cause one would be hard pressed to name something they
> haven't fucked up.
>
> He actually does have a valid point, the natives would have thought
> emergency sirens blaring in the middle of the night would mean either a
> tsunami or an attack by China and in either case, they would have run
> for the hills, right where the blaze was coming from ,, But it matters
> not, democrats always need a fall guy, and he is just as good as any.
>
> Mayor will also be hard pressed to hang onto his job, maybe even the
> governor - Only mass handouts will save them, and the Bolsheviks will no
> doubt lay it on thick to keep the scorched natives from voting for
> someone competent [read:Republican] in the future.
>
> ```````````````

People needed to be evacuated before the fire reached them.

I would have thought evacuations would be handled by the police not
sirens. They need at least two sirens by the sound of it - one to tell
people to flee to high ground and a 'just get out of here' siren. Without
direction though people are just going to jump into their cars and end up
driving into a wall of fire.

Re: For the 1st time in history, democrat official resigns after he fucked up

<q0WDM.141120$JG_b.31715@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10917&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10917

fucked up
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 22:44:38 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 02:44 UTC

TWP wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 23:13:55 -0400, JeSSe wrote:
>
>> If other wingnuts learn from him, we may see a wave of mass
>> resignations, cause one would be hard pressed to name something they
>> haven't fucked up.
>>
>> He actually does have a valid point, the natives would have thought
>> emergency sirens blaring in the middle of the night would mean either a
>> tsunami or an attack by China and in either case, they would have run
>> for the hills, right where the blaze was coming from ,, But it matters
>> not, democrats always need a fall guy, and he is just as good as any.
>>
>> Mayor will also be hard pressed to hang onto his job, maybe even the
>> governor - Only mass handouts will save them, and the Bolsheviks will no
>> doubt lay it on thick to keep the scorched natives from voting for
>> someone competent [read:Republican] in the future.
>>
>> ```````````````
>>

> People needed to be evacuated before the fire reached them.
>
> I would have thought evacuations would be handled by the police not
> sirens. They need at least two sirens by the sound of it - one to tell
> people to flee to high ground and a 'just get out of here' siren. Without
> direction though people are just going to jump into their cars and end up
> driving into a wall of fire.

I haven't seen the floor plan in Maui but I suspect any evacuation of
such a small, densely populated area surrounded by mountains [and water]
would be difficult at best.
Where would 10,000's of people evacuate to ? What % of them would get
out before the few roads leading out are hopelessly clogged/blocked ?

As it stands, many were cooked on the roads trying to get out. Such
scenarios are in play for any evacuation, of which I have been through a
few ,, But being on an island makes it almost mission impossible.
The only sensible solution when you are trapped between a wall of fire
and the deep blue sea is find something to float on and take your
chances with the waves.

I think the real question that need to be asked, being downplayed,
ignored and even censored by the left [as usual] Is why are such
tinderbox conditions allowed to build up [as they are in Kanaduh] in the
1st place ?
I wonder when the last controlled burn was, probably this side of never.
They have also drastically modified the coastal landscape there to pack
in more urban development and tourist hot spots, those don't always jibe
well with mother nature.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / For the 1st time in history, democrat official resigns after he fucked up