From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: "Got to keep the loonies on the path"
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 16:14:11 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 21 Aug 2023 15:14 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-66567437

<quotes>

The lunar far side is the side that faces away from the Earth and is sometimes also called "the dark side of the Moon" because so little is known about it.

</quotes>

Is it called "the dark side" because people mistakenly believe it's in permanent darkness, or because little is known about it as the BBC claims ?

I strongly believe the former, that "dark side" is simply a stand-in for the more correct "far side".

And it is as correct as it could be from our perspective if the earth were illuminating the moon.

Still, it makes a change from the BBC slagging off Russia for not achieving something America hasn't achieved either, in a similar timeframe.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / "Got to keep the loonies on the path"