From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: The weakness of Putin
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 10:32:26 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 09:32 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66601553

<quotes>

When Yevgeny Prigozhin and his Wagner troops launched their insurrection two months ago, Vladimir Putin made his feelings more than clear. He called it "treachery" and a "stab in the back" of Russia. He promised that the perpetrators would be punished.

So there was incredulity in Russia when they were not. When a deal was cut between Mr Prigozhin and the Kremlin to end the mutiny; when all the charges against the Wagner founder and his fighters were dropped, despite the fact that Russian servicemen had been killed during the murky but brief insurrection.

It made President Putin look weak.

</quotes>

No it didn't. That's just western wishful thinking and propaganda. It's no surprise to see the BBC and Steve Rosenberg still pushing that nonsense.

Sure, it raised eyebrows, but 'things not being how they first appeared' was a good enough reason for Putin to adopt a softer stance. That he could, and did, change position based on emerging evidence is a sign of strength not weakness. Only western propagandists are pretending it's otherwise.

As for not having Prigozhin taken out and shot; that's not a sign of weakness either. Putin exhibited strength in acting to resolve the issue rather than making it worse, exhibited strength in not succumbing to initial knee-jerk emotions.

The west can keep pretending that Putin not doing what they say he should be doing is weakness, but it really isn't.

They can keep pretending "that actually all makes sense" doesn't and has left Russians incredulous, confused, and angry. But it hasn't. That's just more propaganda, wishful thinking, and made-up shit.

The bottom line is; the way Putin dealt with the mutiny, left propagandists with no legitimate criticism of Putin. The best they could manage was to pretend it made him weak.

And those who hoped to believe it simply drank the Kool Aid.

Re: The weakness of Putin

<20230824113423.00006805@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10956&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10956

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: The weakness of Putin
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 11:34:23 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 10:34 UTC

:
> It made President Putin look weak.

> No it didn't. That's just western wishful thinking and propaganda.
> It's no surprise to see the BBC and Steve Rosenberg still pushing
> that nonsense.

And more anti-Russia propaganda from the BBC and Will Vernon -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66601412

<quotes>

His mercenaries seized a major Russian city and even marched on Moscow. After the rebellion was called off, many thought Prigozhin's days were numbered. After all, the mutiny was a significant humiliation for the Kremlin

</quotes>

Not sure how that can even be called "humiliation".

Were a million people marching to say "No Iraq War" a humiliation for Bliar ?

Were hundreds of thousands marching to remain in the EU a humiliation for Leavers and brextremists ?

Were Anti-Nazi League protests a humiliation for Nazis and fascists ?

I am sure the Kremlin were not exactly pleased at one of their criminal nutjobs mounting an illegal coup but to say the Kremlin were humiliated by it is just nonsense.

"Putin is weak", "Kremlin was humiliated", is perfect three-word anti-Russian propaganda. If people choose to believe it then it has done the job it's meant to. But it's not truth, it remains propaganda.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: The weakness of Putin