From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: UK sets another record
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 12:04:35 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 11:04 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66603767

<quotes>

The asylum backlog in the UK has risen to a new record high, Home Office figures show.

More than 175,000 people were waiting for a decision on whether they will be granted refugee status at the end of June 2023 - up 44% from last year.

</quotes>

Sunak promised he would clear the backlog by the end of the year. So far the Home Office have been clearing just over 2,000 cases a month.

At that rate it will take 90 months to clear, 7 years. Unless the Home Office can up their game, can clear 30,000 a month, it looks like Sunak's will become just another government promise broken.

What's never mentioned is how many of the cases cleared are granted asylum or rejected. Some 75% are granted at the initial stage and over 80% after further investigations.

That means 140,000 who are entitled to asylum are simply being blocked by a Home Office and government who hates immigrants, complains about the huge costs their delays are causing taxpayers.

It's a problem of their own making. But they knew that, it was intended to be. The idea was to make it so expensive that the public would go along with allowing the Home Office to deport and punish people who had every right to asylum and had the audacity to try and claim it.

At least we are not yet building gas chambers in our concentration camps for asylum seekers, have chosen to deport the ones the Home Secretary doesn't want to Rwanda.

This what Theresa May's "Hostile Environment" looks like. It's evil and it's costing taxpayers a fortune.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / UK sets another record