From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Cutting through Ukrainian propaganda
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 16:38:12 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 15:38 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66581217

<quotes>

There has been a dramatic rise in Ukraine's number of dead, according to new estimates by unnamed US officials. The BBC's Quentin Sommerville has been on the front line in the east, where the grim task of counting the dead has become a daily reality.

Ukrainian Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Maliar earlier released a statement warning that those who release casualty numbers would be liable to criminal prosecution.

The figures remain classified. But US officials recently put the number at 70,000 dead and as many as 120,000 injured. It is a staggering figure, from an armed forces estimated at only half a million strong.

As recently as April, leaked estimates from the Pentagon put Ukrainian deaths at the much lower figure of 17,500. The alleged jump to more than 70,000 can be partly explained by the counter-offensive in the south. In its early days it was especially hard on Ukrainian infantry - "worse than Bakhmut" one brigade commander who is fighting there told me.

The beginning of the push to breach Russia's occupation defences in June was costly, for young newly trained soldiers in particular. They were dying "by the dozens" every day, one senior sergeant fighting around the Donetsk village of Velyka Novosilka told me in June.

</quotes>

While Ukrainians were given every reason to fight, that was with the intent of using them as mere cannon fodder in Biden's war on Russia, which is not so much intended to liberate Ukraine as destroy Russia and Europe, secure American supremacy.

But Ukrainians don't have much choice really. Biden always intended to play Ukraine as a sacrificial pawn. And now they are paying the price.

Re: Cutting through Ukrainian propaganda

<r6uHM.379909$mIIb.228244@fx11.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11002&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11002

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: Cutting through Ukrainian propaganda
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 22:15:51 GMT
 by: TWP - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 22:15 UTC

On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 16:38:12 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66581217
>
> <quotes>
>
> There has been a dramatic rise in Ukraine's number of dead, according to
> new estimates by unnamed US officials. The BBC's Quentin Sommerville has
> been on the front line in the east, where the grim task of counting the
> dead has become a daily reality.
>
> Ukrainian Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Maliar earlier released a
> statement warning that those who release casualty numbers would be
> liable to criminal prosecution.
>
> The figures remain classified. But US officials recently put the number
> at 70,000 dead and as many as 120,000 injured. It is a staggering
> figure, from an armed forces estimated at only half a million strong.
>
> As recently as April, leaked estimates from the Pentagon put Ukrainian
> deaths at the much lower figure of 17,500. The alleged jump to more than
> 70,000 can be partly explained by the counter-offensive in the south. In
> its early days it was especially hard on Ukrainian infantry - "worse
> than Bakhmut" one brigade commander who is fighting there told me.
>
> The beginning of the push to breach Russia's occupation defences in June
> was costly, for young newly trained soldiers in particular. They were
> dying "by the dozens" every day, one senior sergeant fighting around the
> Donetsk village of Velyka Novosilka told me in June.
>
> </quotes>
>
> While Ukrainians were given every reason to fight, that was with the
> intent of using them as mere cannon fodder in Biden's war on Russia,
> which is not so much intended to liberate Ukraine as destroy Russia and
> Europe, secure American supremacy.
>
> But Ukrainians don't have much choice really. Biden always intended to
> play Ukraine as a sacrificial pawn. And now they are paying the price.

There wouldn't have been any attack on Russia if Russia had played this
differently. Russia had many options before invasion. The only way
Putin's plan was not going to end in a bloodbath was if Ukraine gave up
immediately and lost their country to Russia. That was obviously what
Putin was expecting to happen.

Everyone is putting a lot of money into this pawn. I don't think
sacrificing it is going to be the first option.

Re: Cutting through Ukrainian propaganda

<20230830110007.00003a14@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11007&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11007

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 11:00:07 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 10:00 UTC

On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 22:15:51 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 16:38:12 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66581217
> >
> > <quotes>
> >
> > There has been a dramatic rise in Ukraine's number of dead,
> > according to new estimates by unnamed US officials. The BBC's
> > Quentin Sommerville has been on the front line in the east, where
> > the grim task of counting the dead has become a daily reality.
> >
> > Ukrainian Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Maliar earlier released a
> > statement warning that those who release casualty numbers would be
> > liable to criminal prosecution.
> >
> > The figures remain classified. But US officials recently put the
> > number at 70,000 dead and as many as 120,000 injured. It is a
> > staggering figure, from an armed forces estimated at only half a
> > million strong.
> >
> > As recently as April, leaked estimates from the Pentagon put
> > Ukrainian deaths at the much lower figure of 17,500. The alleged
> > jump to more than 70,000 can be partly explained by the
> > counter-offensive in the south. In its early days it was especially
> > hard on Ukrainian infantry - "worse than Bakhmut" one brigade
> > commander who is fighting there told me.
> >
> > The beginning of the push to breach Russia's occupation defences in
> > June was costly, for young newly trained soldiers in particular.
> > They were dying "by the dozens" every day, one senior sergeant
> > fighting around the Donetsk village of Velyka Novosilka told me in
> > June.
> >
> > </quotes>
> >
> > While Ukrainians were given every reason to fight, that was with the
> > intent of using them as mere cannon fodder in Biden's war on Russia,
> > which is not so much intended to liberate Ukraine as destroy Russia
> > and Europe, secure American supremacy.
> >
> > But Ukrainians don't have much choice really. Biden always intended
> > to play Ukraine as a sacrificial pawn. And now they are paying the
> > price.
>

> There wouldn't have been any attack on Russia if Russia had played
> this differently.

And there wouldn't have been an invasion if Biden had played it differently.

Even Zelensky was telling Biden to shut the fuck up. Told him to stop provoking Russia into invading.

But that was all in vain. It was Biden's intent to provoke the invasion, start a proxy war, and he achieved exactly that.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Cutting through Ukrainian propaganda