From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: 'Network-wide failure of UK air traffic control systems', Loganair
reports
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 11:51:09 GMT
 by: TWP - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 11:51 UTC

https://news.sky.com/story/network-wide-failure-of-uk-air-traffic-control-
systems-loganair-reports-12949638

Air traffic controllers across the country are experiencing a technical
fault - with one airline reporting "network-wide failure".

Sky News has had reports of passengers on airlines outside of the UK being
told that the air traffic control network is down and their flight will be
delayed.

NATS, the national air traffic controllers, said in a statement: "We are
currently experiencing a technical issue and have applied traffic flow
restrictions to maintain safety. Engineers are working to find and the fix
the fault.

"We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."

------------------------

This is like one of those old Hamlet cigar adverts

Re: 'Network-wide failure of UK air traffic control systems', Loganair reports

<6a0HM.558581$8O5b.94655@fx15.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10983&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10983

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: 'Network-wide failure of UK air traffic control systems',
Loganair reports
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 12:11:46 GMT
 by: TWP - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 12:11 UTC

> This is like one of those old Hamlet cigar adverts

Columbus Hamlet advert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JvYS1mn4w

Re: 'Network-wide failure of UK air traffic control systems', Loganair reports

<20230830152212.0000157e@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11010&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11010

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Loganair reports
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 15:22:12 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 14:22 UTC

On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 11:51:09 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> pointed to:

> https://news.sky.com/story/network-wide-failure-of-uk-air-traffic-control-
> systems-loganair-reports-12949638
>
> Air traffic controllers across the country are experiencing a
> technical fault - with one airline reporting "network-wide failure".

It appears the outage was caused by an airline - rumoured to be French, submitting invalid flight plan data which caused the NATS system to shut down.

It's not clear if the invalid data crashed the system or was rejected with an extreme fail-safe then being applied.

Either way it doesn't look good. But, since brexit, Broken Britain is our norm.

Re: 'Network-wide failure of UK air traffic control systems', Loganair reports

<ex8IM.568950$8O5b.289185@fx15.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11024&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11024

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Loganair reports
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 22:31:38 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 22:31 UTC

On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 15:22:12 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> Either way it doesn't look good. But, since brexit, Broken Britain is
> our norm.

Sounds more like pro-EU sabotage!