From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: UK gets a new War Lord
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 12:02:30 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 11:02 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-66668968

<quotes>

Energy Secretary Grant Shapps has been named new Defence Secretary, replacing Ben Wallace

It is Shapps's fifth cabinet role in under a year, having also served as transport secretary, home secretary and business secretary - all in the past 12 months

</quotes>

Jack of all trades, master of none.

But his role as Defence Secretary should be an easy job. All he has to do is keep unconditionally supporting Ukraine as Biden's War on Russia bleeds us dry, and talk-up the propaganda for the coming War on China.

Re: UK gets a new War Lord

<AK8IM.568954$8O5b.532399@fx15.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11026&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11026

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: UK gets a new War Lord
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 22:45:52 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 22:45 UTC

On Thu, 31 Aug 2023 12:02:30 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-66668968
>
> <quotes>
>
> Energy Secretary Grant Shapps has been named new Defence Secretary,
> replacing Ben Wallace
>
> It is Shapps's fifth cabinet role in under a year, having also served as
> transport secretary, home secretary and business secretary - all in the
> past 12 months
>
> </quotes>
>
> Jack of all trades, master of none.
>
> But his role as Defence Secretary should be an easy job. All he has to
> do is keep unconditionally supporting Ukraine as Biden's War on Russia
> bleeds us dry, and talk-up the propaganda for the coming War on China.

I think we were the first to offer Ukraine aid - weapons at least, I think
it was NLAW anti-tank missiles, so from that point of view it's Boris
Johnson's war on Russia... kind of like WWII was Chamberlain's war on
Germany.

Weapons Flights to Ukraine
https://twitter.com/i/status/1483899430378127365

Re: UK gets a new War Lord

<20230901024849.00006a2a@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11027&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11027

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 02:48:49 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 01:48 UTC

On Thu, 31 Aug 2023 22:45:52 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2023 12:02:30 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-66668968
> >
> > <quotes>
> >
> > Energy Secretary Grant Shapps has been named new Defence Secretary,
> > replacing Ben Wallace
> >
> > It is Shapps's fifth cabinet role in under a year, having also
> > served as transport secretary, home secretary and business
> > secretary - all in the past 12 months
> >
> > </quotes>
> >
> > Jack of all trades, master of none.
> >
> > But his role as Defence Secretary should be an easy job. All he has
> > to do is keep unconditionally supporting Ukraine as Biden's War on
> > Russia bleeds us dry, and talk-up the propaganda for the coming War
> > on China.
>
> I think we were the first to offer Ukraine aid - weapons at least, I
> think it was NLAW anti-tank missiles, so from that point of view it's
> Boris Johnson's war on Russia... kind of like WWII was Chamberlain's
> war on Germany.
>
> Weapons Flights to Ukraine
> https://twitter.com/i/status/1483899430378127365

It isn't really Johnson's war. He merely jumped aboard the War Wagon in the hope of finally scoring his desperately desired Churchill moment.

Farage climbed aboard too once he realised defending Russia and criticising NATO went against the populist mood, was damaging his brand and future.

UKIP went quiet over a year ago. I guess for the same reasons.

You can rst assured I won't be betraying my principles just to acquire popularity.