From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Broken Brexit Britain
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 17:00:18 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 16:00 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-66461879

<quotes>

The government says that schools in England will need to immediately close buildings which are made out of a certain type of concrete which is prone to collapsing unless safety measures are put in place.

The Department for Education says it won't be releasing the list of 156 schools affected

Back in June, a report by the National Audit Office assessed the risk of injury or death from a school building collapse as "very likely and critical".

That report says 572 schools had been identified where RAAC might be present

No timeline has been given for when the work on the affected school buildings needs to be done by, but school leaders want an "urgent plan" to get them fixed.

The general secretary of school leaders union NAHT has called the news "shocking, but not hugely surprising".

"There is no escaping the fact that the timing of this couldn't be worse, with children due to return from the summer holidays next week"

</quotes>

Re: Broken Brexit Britain

<wB8IM.568951$8O5b.379173@fx15.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11025&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11025

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: Broken Brexit Britain
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 22:36:12 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 22:36 UTC

On Thu, 31 Aug 2023 17:00:18 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-66461879
>
> <quotes>
>
> The government says that schools in England will need to immediately
> close buildings which are made out of a certain type of concrete which
> is prone to collapsing unless safety measures are put in place.
>
> The Department for Education says it won't be releasing the list of 156
> schools affected
>
> Back in June, a report by the National Audit Office assessed the risk of
> injury or death from a school building collapse as "very likely and
> critical".
>
> That report says 572 schools had been identified where RAAC might be
> present
>
> No timeline has been given for when the work on the affected school
> buildings needs to be done by, but school leaders want an "urgent plan"
> to get them fixed.
>
> The general secretary of school leaders union NAHT has called the news
> "shocking, but not hugely surprising".
>
> "There is no escaping the fact that the timing of this couldn't be
> worse, with children due to return from the summer holidays next week"
>
> </quotes>

I bet the schools were built while we were in the EU.

I've been in the same situation myself. It got me a couple of extra days
off over the weekend.

Re: Broken Brexit Britain

<20230901025415.00002669@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11028&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11028

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 02:54:15 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 01:54 UTC

On Thu, 31 Aug 2023 22:36:12 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2023 17:00:18 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-66461879
> >
> > <quotes>
> >
> > The government says that schools in England will need to immediately
> > close buildings which are made out of a certain type of concrete
> > which is prone to collapsing unless safety measures are put in
> > place.
> >
> > The Department for Education says it won't be releasing the list of
> > 156 schools affected
> >
> > Back in June, a report by the National Audit Office assessed the
> > risk of injury or death from a school building collapse as "very
> > likely and critical".
> >
> > That report says 572 schools had been identified where RAAC might be
> > present
> >
> > No timeline has been given for when the work on the affected school
> > buildings needs to be done by, but school leaders want an "urgent
> > plan" to get them fixed.
> >
> > The general secretary of school leaders union NAHT has called the
> > news "shocking, but not hugely surprising".
> >
> > "There is no escaping the fact that the timing of this couldn't be
> > worse, with children due to return from the summer holidays next
> > week"
> >
> > </quotes>
>

> I bet the schools were built while we were in the EU.

I bet you won't find an EU directive which says we had to build schools which don't last more than few decades.

Nor that we had to clad Grenfell Tower with flammable materials.