From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: White American parenting advice - abuse and torture the kids
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 10:03:43 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 2 Sep 2023 09:03 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66651506

<quotes>

A white Utah woman who ran a popular parenting advice YouTube channel is facing child abuse charges after her malnourished son escaped from home

Ruby Franke and her white business partner Jodi Nan Hildebrandt were arrested in Ivins, Utah this week.

Both women were charged with six counts of child abuse on Friday.

Police say Ms Franke's 12-year-old son climbed out of the window and ran to a neighbour's house to ask for food and water.

"The calling party [the neighbour] stated the juvenile appeared to be emaciated and malnourished, with open wounds and duct tape around the extremities"

The boy had to be taken to the hospital "due to his deep lacerations from being tied up with rope and from his malnourishment".

The vlogger has faced a backlash in the past for her strict parenting measures described on the channel, including her son claiming he slept on a bean bag for several months as punishment and Ms Franke describing withholding meals as another disciplinary measure.

Ms Franke's eldest daughter Shari Franke shared a post on Instagram after her mother's arrest, saying that she and her family "are so glad justice is being served"

"We've been trying to tell the police and CPS for years about this, and so glad they finally decided to step up"

</quotes>

The question is why the police and CPS did nothing. White privilege ?