From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: India Likely To Be Renamed Bharat
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 12:38:56 GMT
 by: TWP - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:38 UTC

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/india-likely-to-be-renamed-bharat-
resolution-expected-in-special-parliament-session-report

The Prime Minister Narendra Modi led Central government is likely to bring
a resolution to rename India as Bharat in the upcoming special session of
the Parliament.

The government has called a special session of the Parliament from 18-22
September.

Re: India Likely To Be Renamed Bharat

<20230905145123.00002d12@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11078&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11078

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: India Likely To Be Renamed Bharat
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 14:51:23 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 13:51 UTC

On Tue, 05 Sep 2023 12:38:56 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> https://swarajyamag.com/politics/india-likely-to-be-renamed-bharat-
> resolution-expected-in-special-parliament-session-report
>
> The Prime Minister Narendra Modi led Central government is likely to
> bring a resolution to rename India as Bharat in the upcoming special
> session of the Parliament.
>
> The government has called a special session of the Parliament from
> 18-22 September.

Modi has apparently already been using Bharat in official communications.

It will please Hindu nationalists but it's not without controversy, especially given the BJP's recent expansionist and supremacist rhetoric which some deem fascistic.

BJP fanaticism makes our ERG brextremists look like pussy cats.

Re: India Likely To Be Renamed Bharat

<SKKJM.377734$Q2B2.328443@fx06.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11081&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11081

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 18:49:22 GMT
 by: TWP - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 18:49 UTC

On Tue, 05 Sep 2023 14:51:23 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Sep 2023 12:38:56 GMT TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> https://swarajyamag.com/politics/india-likely-to-be-renamed-bharat-
>> resolution-expected-in-special-parliament-session-report
>>
>> The Prime Minister Narendra Modi led Central government is likely to
>> bring a resolution to rename India as Bharat in the upcoming special
>> session of the Parliament.
>>
>> The government has called a special session of the Parliament from
>> 18-22 September.
>
> Modi has apparently already been using Bharat in official
> communications.
>
> It will please Hindu nationalists but it's not without controversy,
> especially given the BJP's recent expansionist and supremacist rhetoric
> which some deem fascistic.
>
> BJP fanaticism makes our ERG brextremists look like pussy cats.

How will people refer to things of Indian origin like food?

It'll be anarchy.

Re: India Likely To Be Renamed Bharat

<20230905235450.00000ad9@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11087&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11087

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 23:54:50 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 22:54 UTC

On Tue, 05 Sep 2023 18:49:22 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How will people refer to things of Indian origin like food?
>
> It'll be anarchy.

Good question. At least there's no dispute over Chicken Kiev :-)

The renaming might catch on outside India better than Turkiye. Everyone seems to have just shrugged and ignored that.

It took a while to get used to Beijing.