From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: UK to re-join EU's Horizon science programme
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 18:02:03 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 18:02 UTC

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-to-re-join-eus-horizon-science-
programme-12956201

The UK is set to rejoin the EU's Horizon science programme after two years
of absence post-Brexit, Sky News has been told.

The final deal is set to be agreed within hours and could be announced on
Thursday or at the weekend's G20 summit by Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, as
first reported today by Bloomberg. Sources have confirmed the report to
Sky News.

The CBI has previously called an association with the EU Horizon programme
a "win-win"..

-------------------
The CBI would use the same description for re-joining the EU.

I find something vaguely underhanded about this agreement "within hours"
stuff. This is how we're going to re-join the EU isn't it. By agreements
all announced "within hours" of being arranged.

Re: UK to re-join EU's Horizon science programme

<20230907111103.0000603f@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11098&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11098

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: UK to re-join EU's Horizon science programme
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 11:11:03 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 7 Sep 2023 10:11 UTC

On Wed, 06 Sep 2023 18:02:03 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> https://news.sky.com/story/uk-to-re-join-eus-horizon-science-
> programme-12956201
>
> The UK is set to rejoin the EU's Horizon science programme after two
> years of absence post-Brexit, Sky News has been told.
>
> The final deal is set to be agreed within hours and could be
> announced on Thursday or at the weekend's G20 summit by Prime
> Minister Rishi Sunak, as first reported today by Bloomberg. Sources
> have confirmed the report to Sky News.

> The CBI has previously called an association with the EU Horizon
> programme a "win-win"..
>
> -------------------
> The CBI would use the same description for re-joining the EU.
>
> I find something vaguely underhanded about this agreement "within
> hours" stuff. This is how we're going to re-join the EU isn't it.
> By agreements all announced "within hours" of being arranged.

Yup. Because brextremists oppose doing what's best for the country if it doesn't align with their ridiculous dogmatic view of how things should be.

If it means going behind the backs of the minority who won't allow the majority to have what they want I am all for that. Though I'd much prefer the eradication of that fascist minority.

It's not clear what we have signed up to, what we will get, and what it will cost us. It seems we will become associates to the Copernicus program but not Euratom. We will have to wait and see what we are in and out of, to what extent we are in, how it compares to what we had.

Britain used to do really well out of Horizon, got far more back than we put in, as was the case with EU membership. It seems unlikely we will be that fortunate from now on.

Re: UK to re-join EU's Horizon science programme

<20230907125600.000070f6@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11100&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11100

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 12:56:00 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 7 Sep 2023 11:56 UTC

On Wed, 06 Sep 2023 18:02:03 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> pointed to:

> The UK is set to rejoin the EU's Horizon science programme after two
> years of absence post-Brexit, Sky News has been told.

I am looking forward to seeing how the brextremists spin it that the EU letting us have something which we lost through brexit, which we desperately want to have and need, as "punishing us" for leaving, by letting us have it.

I'm sure they'll find some way.

It is fair to say that this is actually one of the benefits of brexit. We would never have been able to rejoin on worse terms and with less say than we had without brexit.

Hopefully the next step is to rejoin the Erasmus programme, undo some of the damage leaving that has done.

That will have brextremists frothing again, wailing that we are rejoining the EU through the back door.

As much as I wish that was true, it's no such thing. It's simply delivering the brexit which leavers voted for, not the brexit the brextremists have pretended every leaver voted for.

It seems the big brextremist lie is finally done for, is simply being trampled over and side-lined. And that can only be a good thing for Brexit Britain.