From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: NATO allies stand by Romania
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 18:43:56 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 18:43 UTC

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-latest-drone-romania-defence-
minister-12541713

NATO allies stand by Romania after reports parts of a Russian drone fell
over its border

NATO said it had "strong solidarity" with Romania after the country
briefed the block about an incident near its Russian border, in which
parts of what may be a Russian drone fell on its territory.

The country earlier said parts of what is thought to be a Russian drone
fell near its border, but that it did not pose a threat.

------------------

It's going to take a lot more than that...

Re: NATO allies stand by Romania

<20230907105504.000000ed@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11097&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11097

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: NATO allies stand by Romania
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 10:55:04 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 7 Sep 2023 09:55 UTC

On Wed, 06 Sep 2023 18:43:56 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-latest-drone-romania-defence-
> minister-12541713
>
> NATO allies stand by Romania after reports parts of a Russian drone
> fell over its border
>
> NATO said it had "strong solidarity" with Romania after the country
> briefed the block about an incident near its Russian border, in which
> parts of what may be a Russian drone fell on its territory.
>
> The country earlier said parts of what is thought to be a Russian
> drone fell near its border, but that it did not pose a threat.

> It's going to take a lot more than that...

To do what ?

Some death wish fanatics, nutjobs and right-wingers, may believe NATO and the west should grab any pretext they can for kick-starting World War III and bringing about nuclear annihilation, but NATO, its members, and most people, quite sensibly don't.

Any possibility of invoking Article 5 would fail simply because there is no mens rea. That's required in criminal cases, let alone when launching military action.

If it were used as a pretext by NATO it would tear NATO apart. Short of Russia declaring war on NATO or the west it's not going to happen. Even Russia detonating a nuke in Ukraine probably wouldn't be enough to elicit a collective military response.

This war is about sacrificing Ukrainians to destroy Russia, destroy Europe, secure American supremacy. They are not going to let it destroy themselves, everyone and everything, no matter how much some desire that.