From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: 30 days to save Ukraine
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 08:59:00 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 07:59 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66763868

<quotes>

Ukraine has little more than 30 days left of fighting before the weather hinders its counter-offensive, the top-ranking US military officer says.

Speaking to the BBC's Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg programme, Gen Mark Milley said colder conditions would make it much harder for Ukraine to manoeuvre.

He admitted the offensive had gone more slowly than expected.

"There's still a reasonable amount of time, probably about 30 to 45 days' worth of fighting weather left, so the Ukrainians aren't done.

</quotes>

It's just spin, pretending it's not as bad as it is.

They are "done". They haven't achieved success in months and they aren't going to achieve in the next month and a half.

Re: 30 days to save Ukraine

<20230910153328.0000027f@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11226&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11226

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: 30 days to save Ukraine
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 15:33:28 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 14:33 UTC

On Sun, 10 Sep 2023 08:59:00 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66763868
>
> <quotes>
>
> Ukraine has little more than 30 days left of fighting before the
> weather hinders its counter-offensive, the top-ranking US military
> officer says.
>
> Speaking to the BBC's Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg programme, Gen
> Mark Milley said colder conditions would make it much harder for
> Ukraine to manoeuvre.
>
> He admitted the offensive had gone more slowly than expected.
>
> "There's still a reasonable amount of time, probably about 30 to 45
> days' worth of fighting weather left, so the Ukrainians aren't done.
>
> </quotes>
>
> It's just spin, pretending it's not as bad as it is.
>
> They are "done". They haven't achieved success in months and they
> aren't going to achieve in the next month and a half.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/09/08/world/russia-ukraine-news

<quotes>

In his remarks on Friday, Mr. Zelensky said that the war has entered a slower phase - both on the battlefield as Ukraine wages a counteroffensive and on the political front. It has become more difficult for Ukraine to obtain weaponry and to persuade other nations to impose sanctions on Russia, he said.

"The war is slowing down," he said. "This is true, we recognize this. All the processes are becoming harder and slowing down, from sanctions to the delivery of weapons."

</quotes>

Kiev still keeps banging on about having broken through Russian lines. It's the only succes they have had in months. They are however less forthright in admitting that, since that lucky break some weeks ago, they have been at a virtual standstill, and it wasn't much of a victory anyway.

Things are slowing as Zelensky admits. They well grind to a halt if Republicans can end the provision of American aid as they wish to do. And it will all be reversed with an election victory which sees Trump surrender Ukraine to Russia as he has said he will.

Victory isn't just around the corner. But defeat is.

Re: 30 days to save Ukraine

<ewzLM.47689$_p34.8744@fx11.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11228&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11228

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 07:40:58 GMT
 by: TWP - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 07:40 UTC

On Sun, 10 Sep 2023 15:33:28 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> Things are slowing as Zelensky admits. They well grind to a halt if
> Republicans can end the provision of American aid as they wish to do.
> And it will all be reversed with an election victory which sees Trump
> surrender Ukraine to Russia as he has said he will.

I can't see Trump just giving up Ukraine, he'll want something for it.

> Victory isn't just around the corner. But defeat is.

Then I dread to think what's around the corner after.

Re: 30 days to save Ukraine

<20230911103531.00005000@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11229&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11229

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 10:35:31 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 09:35 UTC

On Mon, 11 Sep 2023 07:40:58 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Sep 2023 15:33:28 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>

> > Things are slowing as Zelensky admits. They well grind to a halt if
> > Republicans can end the provision of American aid as they wish to
> > do. And it will all be reversed with an election victory which sees
> > Trump surrender Ukraine to Russia as he has said he will.
> >

> I can't see Trump just giving up Ukraine, he'll want something for it.

He will get something for it, plenty for it.

The pedestal he's on will be raised higher by the MAGA mob who get what they wanted. Many others will applaud him for stepping away from World War III, nuclear Armageddon.

He will be noted in history books as the man who ended the conflict, secured peace, brought some sense and rationality back to the world.

He may even be in line for a Nobel Peace Prize. It doesn't get much better than that.

> > Victory isn't just around the corner. But defeat is.
>
> Then I dread to think what's around the corner after.

Only because you choose to believe the war-mongering propaganda that Putin is engaged in Russian expansionism. Support the notion that we must destroy ourselves to avoid being destroyed by Russia. That there cannot ever be peace because that would be a victory for Russia.

America's rightwing can mostly see it for what it is, understand that Putin had an obligation under international law to protect those in the east of Ukraine from Ukrainian excess, understand that NATO's expansion eastwards, the promise of NATO and EU membership, was an existential threat and catalyst.

Once peace is secured I imagine Farage, UKIP, and everyone else who pivoted away from that view because it wasn't popular, was damaging their brand, will u-turn back to it.