From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Braverman the minister for knee-jerk
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 11:17:43 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 10:17 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66770328

<quotes>

Home Secretary Suella Braverman is seeking "urgent advice" on banning "lethal" American bully XL dogs.

Ms Braverman said: "This is appalling. The American XL bully is a clear and lethal danger to our communities, particularly to children.

Emma Whitfield, whose son was mauled at a house in 2021, tweeted: "It's crazy how this video has gone viral and now politicians are coming out of the woodwork saying how bad it is.

"Where were you when other innocent people were killed? Where were you when I was at Parliament asking for change? Nowhere."

Dog behaviourist Stan Rawlinson told the BBC: "This breed is a whole different ball game. The XL bully to my knowledge is probably the most dangerous dog breed or cross-breed I've ever seen.

"It's hyper-reactive. It has an enhanced prey drive and a reactivity that is totally off the scale."

</quotes>

People have been wondering why this breed wasn't already banned when the dangers it poses are, and were, well known.

This is a government which only acts after the fact, when it comes under pressure to act, and then only acts if it thinks it won't get way without acting. They prefer to look like they are acting rather than actually acting.

Even now Braverman is only commissioning a report into whether they should be banned or not.

Surely that was done when the act was drawn up and the breeds to be banned was decided ?