From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: YT: Scott Adams on why he decided to get the coronavirus vaccine
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:23:03 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:23 UTC

https://youtu.be/srmplGNWBzA?t=2834

Basically he argues there were two unknowns, a vaccine who's intention was
to offer protection even if the money and lack of testing made it seem a
bit sketcy v allowing yourself to catch a possibly weaponised virus that -
even if it wasn't fully developed - would be designed to kill or make you
ill for a long period.

Re: YT: Scott Adams on why he decided to get the coronavirus vaccine

<MbmMM.55944$vGnf.37621@fx15.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11249&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11249

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: YT: Scott Adams on why he decided to get the coronavirus
vaccine
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 17:20:44 GMT
 by: TWP - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 17:20 UTC

On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:23:03 +0000, TWP wrote:

> https://youtu.be/srmplGNWBzA?t=2834
>
> Basically he argues there were two unknowns, a vaccine who's intention
> was to offer protection even if the money and lack of testing made it
> seem a bit sketcy v allowing yourself to catch a possibly weaponised
> virus that -
> even if it wasn't fully developed - would be designed to kill or make
> you ill for a long period.

I didn't want an RNA vaccine and that was the only type being offered.
There was supposed to be a vaccine that just had the spike proteins and
not the mRNA to get your body to make them itself, but it never seemed to
get released and you had to have what you were offered anyway.

Re: YT: Scott Adams on why he decided to get the coronavirus vaccine

<20230914104006.00005acf@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11255&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11255

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
vaccine
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 10:40:06 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 09:40 UTC

On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 17:20:44 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I didn't want an RNA vaccine and that was the only type being
> offered. There was supposed to be a vaccine that just had the spike
> proteins and not the mRNA to get your body to make them itself, but
> it never seemed to get released and you had to have what you were
> offered anyway.

Protein-based non-mRNA vaccines were and are available. Novavax were approved for use in the EU in late 2021 and in the UK early 2022. They have just landed their updated anti-XBB variant in the US.

In the UK, not having a choice in what was offered equally applied to mRNA vaccine.

I am not sure what point you are making or who you are blaming.

Johnson and his government had a vested interest in pushing the 'Made in Britain' AstraZeneca vaccine and that's what they pushed.

If you are saying Johnson and his government let us down, got it wrong, failed us, welcome to the club. Most of us got our T-shirts over two years ago.

Everyone knew there was a deadly and contagious virus out there and there were three options; avoid catching it, hope it didn't kill you when you caught it, or get vaccinated to increase your chances of survival.

I followed the first path until Johnson and his government made that all but impossible, decided there would be no hiding away.

At the point that became official government policy, and inevitable that everyone would eventually catch it, it became a simple question of whether catching it was more likely to kill you than the vaccine would.

And that was a no-brainer.

We had credible evidence that vaccines had saved over 20 million lives, had killed mere handfulls of people. The risk from catching covid and not being vaccinated was far greater than the risk from the vaccine itself.

Yes Johnson and others lied when they said vaccines were 100% safe when they weren't. I pointed that out at the time. But it wasn't far from the truth.

What I won't ever forgive Johnson and tory scum for, particularly those brextremists and fascists on the hard right, is their 'get vaccinated or die from covid' policies.

And now the option of any vaccination at all has been taken away from most people.