From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Libya flooding: 10,000 people thought to be missing after dams
burst
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 15:10:51 GMT
 by: TWP - Tue, 12 Sep 2023 15:10 UTC

City "partially disappears"

https://news.sky.com/story/libya-flooding-10-000-people-thought-to-be-
missing-after-dams-burst-12959679

About 10,000 people are thought to be missing after major flooding in
Libya, the International Federation of the Red Cross (IFRC) has said.

A quarter of the eastern city of Derna was wiped out by floodwaters after
dams burst in a storm, the local administration said, with more than 1,000
bodies recovered so far.

Re: Libya flooding: 10,000 people thought to be missing after dams burst

<e3oMM.14697$Yxl8.11815@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11250&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11250

burst
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:28:10 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:28 UTC

TWP wrote:
> City "partially disappears"
>
> https://news.sky.com/story/libya-flooding-10-000-people-thought-to-be-
> missing-after-dams-burst-12959679
>
> About 10,000 people are thought to be missing after major flooding in
> Libya, the International Federation of the Red Cross (IFRC) has said.
>
> A quarter of the eastern city of Derna was wiped out by floodwaters after
> dams burst in a storm, the local administration said, with more than 1,000
> bodies recovered so far.

How can we best help them, perhaps send over some pallets of swimming
flippers and goggles ?

Re: Libya flooding: 10,000 people thought to be missing after dams burst

<_UuMM.37546$t4G1.5924@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11253&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11253

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
burst
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 03:15:06 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 03:15 UTC

On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:28:10 -0400, JeSSe wrote:

> TWP wrote:
>> City "partially disappears"
>>
>> https://news.sky.com/story/libya-flooding-10-000-people-thought-to-be-
>> missing-after-dams-burst-12959679
>>
>> About 10,000 people are thought to be missing after major flooding in
>> Libya, the International Federation of the Red Cross (IFRC) has said.
>>
>> A quarter of the eastern city of Derna was wiped out by floodwaters
>> after dams burst in a storm, the local administration said, with more
>> than 1,000 bodies recovered so far.
>>
> How can we best help them, perhaps send over some pallets of swimming
> flippers and goggles ?

I don't think there's very much anyone can do. It looked quite similar to
the 2011 tsunami in Japan.

It would have been helpful if someone had been watching out for a dam
failure and had moved people out. There must have been some kind of lead
up to this, it's not like an earthquake.

Re: Libya flooding: 10,000 people thought to be missing after dams burst

<20230914122850.000012f0@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11262&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11262

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
burst
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 12:28:50 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 11:28 UTC

On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 03:15:06 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It would have been helpful if someone had been watching out for a dam
> failure and had moved people out.

Which might have happened had the west not completely fucked-over Libya because we decided we wanted regime change and then left Libya and its people to rot.

There is blood on our hands.

Not just for this tragedy itself, but the appalling mistreatment of those who have tried to escape the plight of the fucked-up Libya we inflicted upon them.