From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: "Has your ignorance and ego cost Ukrainian lives?"
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 02:35:39 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 02:35 UTC

https://news.sky.com/story/elon-musk-refuses-to-answer-if-his-ignorance-
and-ego-cost-ukrainian-lives-12960786

-----------------

Sky News being Sky News. At least he's still around to ask the question.

Re: "Has your ignorance and ego cost Ukrainian lives?"

<20230914121638.00007d66@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11260&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11260

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 12:16:38 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 11:16 UTC

On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 02:35:39 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> https://news.sky.com/story/elon-musk-refuses-to-answer-if-his-ignorance-
> and-ego-cost-ukrainian-lives-12960786
>
> -----------------
>
> Sky News being Sky News. At least he's still around to ask the
> question.

It's a fair question to ask, as it is what Kiev has asserted, but it wasn't the place nor the tactic to use, but this is the press, and that's what they do.

I believe Musk has provided a good enough justification for not doing what Kiev demanded of him.

Where he hasn't done so well is in countering the accusations from the fascists in Kiev and elsewhere that he's a grade-A cunt, a supporter of Putin and Russia, a traitor to Ukraine and the world, an enemy of the people, and personally responsible for the deaths of innocent men, women and children.

Maybe he's realised it's pointless to try to because they aren't going to change their minds. They've decided he is and that's the end of it

Everyone can see that he isn't except the nutjobs who choose to be believe he is.

So, ultimately, it was just a Sky reporter needlessly needling him, and well done Musk for choosing not to be needled.

I did keep expecting one of Musk's security goons to simply deck him. I'd have mixed views if he had. One shouldn't, but sometimes ...

Re: "Has your ignorance and ego cost Ukrainian lives?"

<KpCMM.62137$vGnf.1787@fx15.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11264&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11264

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 11:47:54 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 11:47 UTC

On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 12:16:38 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 02:35:39 GMT TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> https://news.sky.com/story/elon-musk-refuses-to-answer-if-his-ignorance-
>> and-ego-cost-ukrainian-lives-12960786
>>
>> -----------------
>>
>> Sky News being Sky News. At least he's still around to ask the
>> question.
>
> It's a fair question to ask, as it is what Kiev has asserted, but it
> wasn't the place nor the tactic to use, but this is the press, and
> that's what they do.
>
> I believe Musk has provided a good enough justification for not doing
> what Kiev demanded of him.
>
> Where he hasn't done so well is in countering the accusations from the
> fascists in Kiev and elsewhere that he's a grade-A cunt, a supporter of
> Putin and Russia, a traitor to Ukraine and the world, an enemy of the
> people, and personally responsible for the deaths of innocent men, women
> and children.
>
> Maybe he's realised it's pointless to try to because they aren't going
> to change their minds. They've decided he is and that's the end of it
>
> Everyone can see that he isn't except the nutjobs who choose to be
> believe he is.
>
> So, ultimately, it was just a Sky reporter needlessly needling him, and
> well done Musk for choosing not to be needled.
>
> I did keep expecting one of Musk's security goons to simply deck him.
> I'd have mixed views if he had. One shouldn't, but sometimes ...

If Musk had switched Starlink on and it was used in a massive attack on
Russia - earning Ukraine massive Russian retalliation in return - the
reporter could have asked him the exact same question, in fact with
probably more justification.

The answer to the question really was that military decisions involving
Ukrainian lives are matters for national leadership and not for him to
subvert. I'm sure Sky already have a similar answer on record, someone
somewhere probablly just sees a good chance to inflict some damage on Musk.

Re: "Has your ignorance and ego cost Ukrainian lives?"

<20230914142615.00000547@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11266&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11266

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 14:26:15 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 13:26 UTC

On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 11:47:54 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 12:16:38 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 02:35:39 GMT TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> https://news.sky.com/story/elon-musk-refuses-to-answer-if-his-ignorance-
> >> and-ego-cost-ukrainian-lives-12960786
> >>
> >> -----------------
> >>
> >> Sky News being Sky News. At least he's still around to ask the
> >> question.
> >
> > It's a fair question to ask, as it is what Kiev has asserted, but it
> > wasn't the place nor the tactic to use, but this is the press, and
> > that's what they do.
> >
> > I believe Musk has provided a good enough justification for not
> > doing what Kiev demanded of him.
> >
> > Where he hasn't done so well is in countering the accusations from
> > the fascists in Kiev and elsewhere that he's a grade-A cunt, a
> > supporter of Putin and Russia, a traitor to Ukraine and the world,
> > an enemy of the people, and personally responsible for the deaths
> > of innocent men, women and children.
> >
> > Maybe he's realised it's pointless to try to because they aren't
> > going to change their minds. They've decided he is and that's the
> > end of it
> >
> > Everyone can see that he isn't except the nutjobs who choose to be
> > believe he is.
> >
> > So, ultimately, it was just a Sky reporter needlessly needling him,
> > and well done Musk for choosing not to be needled.
> >
> > I did keep expecting one of Musk's security goons to simply deck
> > him. I'd have mixed views if he had. One shouldn't, but sometimes
>

> If Musk had switched Starlink on and it was used in a massive attack
> on Russia - earning Ukraine massive Russian retalliation in return -
> the reporter could have asked him the exact same question, in fact
> with probably more justification.

I'm in total agreement.

In fact are questions from the very start as to why he's allowed it to be used to kill Ukrainians.

> The answer to the question really was that military decisions
> involving Ukrainian lives are matters for national leadership and not
> for him to subvert.

His answer should have been "I don't have any satellites operating over Ukraine, I am not a party to the conflict, I am nor playing any part in it.

Unfortunately he put them there to reap the rewards of supporting Ukraine so I don't have a lot of sympathy for what he chose to do and the consequences of his decision.

The question I would have asked as a reporter is; Who appointed you God, Mr Musk ? Who gave you the power to decide who should live and die ?

And of course; Would you have assassinated the crew of Enola Gay on the runway if you could have ?