From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Cha-eye-nah
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 19:12:53 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 18:12 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66810912

<quotes>

Rishi Sunak has said he is "acutely aware of the particular threat to our open and democratic way of life" posed by China's Communist regime.

</quotes>

Wow.

And there was me thinking it was this government who were deploying surveillance cameras, number plate recognistion, facial recognition, recording all our emails and web visits, monitoring our phone calls, criminalising peaceful protest, wanting to remove encryption, making it harder to vote, taking away rights, forcing us into net-zero and electric vehicles, spying on us all day long.

But it's China we have to fear. Not this government following China in doing exactly what the government says we must fear.

I really don't know how Foreign Secretary James Cleverly and ISC chair Julian Lewis are meant to maintain Britain's essential relationship with China when the nutters right up to the Prime Minister comes out with such propagandising bullshit.

Oh well, long gone are the days when brextremists insisted leaving the EU would secure us a £150 billion a year trade deal with China, called it Project Fear to say there was no chance of that. Mind you they called it that when promising we'd get a US trade deal, dismissed the possibility that Trump wouldn't turn us down, say '"no".