From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Lying about spying
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 15:16:51 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 17 Sep 2023 14:16 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66836338

<quote>

Foreign Secretary James Cleverly has refused to say whether he spoke to the Chinese government about a researcher in Parliament who was arrested on suspicion of spying for China.

</quote>

He can't do much else. There is no way he would have dared accuse China of being engaged in some made up shit to her face but of course can't admit that's exactly what it is.

Tory scum are playing a very dangerous game in trying to have their cake and eat it.

Tory scum want China seen as an enemy, an existential threat, want to use that for posturing, sabre rattling and agenda purposes.

But tory scum know that's not true and they really don't want that to damage our relationship with China, have them turn on us.

Tory scum know we need them more than they need us. But it serves their agenda to pretend it is the other way round.