Kissing a fish is like smoking a bicycle.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Poland pivots on Ukraine

SubjectAuthor
* Poland pivots on UkraineThe Happy Hippy
+* Poland pivots on UkraineTWP
|`* Poland pivots on UkraineThe Happy Hippy
| `- Poland pivots on UkraineThe Happy Hippy
`- Poland pivots on UkraineThe Happy Hippy

1
Poland pivots on Ukraine

<20230921102430.000025f6@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11321&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11321

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Poland pivots on Ukraine
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 10:24:30 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 09:24 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66873495

<quotes>

One of Ukraine's staunchest allies, Poland, has said it is no longer supplying weapons to its neighbour, as a diplomatic dispute over grain escalates.

The remarks coincide with high tensions between the two neighbours over comments made by President Volodymyr Zelensky at the United Nations

Mr Zelensky said it was alarming how some of Ukraine's friends in Europe were playing out solidarity "in a political theatre - making a thriller from grain".

</quotes>

It's not the first time Zelensky's big mouth, arrogance, and lack of gratitude has provoked a backlash, but this may be the most serious so far.

It's hardly a surprise that Poland, Hungary and Slovakia don't want to destroy themselves, even if Zelensky insists they must and the EU stupidly agrees with him.

People are getting sick of Kiev's fascists telling them what they must do, their sense of entitlement, their continuous demands for more and more, being ungrateful ejits draining other people's purses.

Dragging Poland into court in the hope of forcing them to do what Zelensky wants isn't a good look for a country complaining about others imposing themselves upon Ukraine. A 'go fuck yourself' was inevitable.

Re: Poland pivots on Ukraine

<pjUOM.33145$xRE2.19236@fx01.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11323&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11323

From: ngspammersad@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: Poland pivots on Ukraine
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 09:48:05 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 09:48 UTC

On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 10:24:30 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66873495
>
> <quotes>
>
> One of Ukraine's staunchest allies, Poland, has said it is no longer
> supplying weapons to its neighbour, as a diplomatic dispute over grain
> escalates.
>
> The remarks coincide with high tensions between the two neighbours over
> comments made by President Volodymyr Zelensky at the United Nations
>
> Mr Zelensky said it was alarming how some of Ukraine's friends in Europe
> were playing out solidarity "in a political theatre - making a thriller
> from grain".
>
> </quotes>
>
> It's not the first time Zelensky's big mouth, arrogance, and lack of
> gratitude has provoked a backlash, but this may be the most serious so
> far.
>
> It's hardly a surprise that Poland, Hungary and Slovakia don't want to
> destroy themselves, even if Zelensky insists they must and the EU
> stupidly agrees with him.
>
> People are getting sick of Kiev's fascists telling them what they must
> do, their sense of entitlement, their continuous demands for more and
> more, being ungrateful ejits draining other people's purses.
>
> Dragging Poland into court in the hope of forcing them to do what
> Zelensky wants isn't a good look for a country complaining about others
> imposing themselves upon Ukraine. A 'go fuck yourself' was inevitable.

There's supposed to be some issue (in Poland) over grain prices too and
how Ukraine's grain will affect them. I think it's because the grain is
being exported via a different route so maybe it has become more available
to Poland. Whatever the cause it seems like they're trying to haggle it
out so Poland might be back soon.

You can see Ukraine becoming more and more of an issue though. We got
pissed off with them ages ago, Trump says he'll end the war - and if that
meant in Ukraine's favour it would mean immediately starting a new war
with Russia so that seems unlikely. Poland says they're withdrawing and
Slovakia's likey new government (elections next week) apparently isn't
keen on supporting Ukraine.

The war is very slow-moving, really coming down to both sides launching
terrorist attacks on each other in a war of attrition rather than specific
objectives. That's partly to do with their backers not wanting to set off
WW3 as much as a lack of strength on Ukraine's part. That means Ukraine's
allies can't afford a slow war and are afraid of a fast war. Russia is
already starting to dig in for the waiting game.

Re: Poland pivots on Ukraine

<20230921132746.000004c5@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11326&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11326

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 13:27:46 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 12:27 UTC

On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 09:48:05 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> There's supposed to be some issue (in Poland) over grain prices too
> and how Ukraine's grain will affect them. I think it's because the
> grain is being exported via a different route so maybe it has become
> more available to Poland. Whatever the cause it seems like they're
> trying to haggle it out so Poland might be back soon.

The problem is, to unconditionally support Ukraine, the EU decided all member states must accept Ukrainian grain.

Farmers in Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania and Slovakia, were being put out of business by that cheaper grain so those countries banned it. The EU came up with some fudge so it didn't look like the War on Russia was tearing the EU apart.

The EU has now revoked that fudge so Poland et al have gone back to banning it.

I have supported the EU. But unconditionally supporting Ukraine flushed their principles down the can. If the backlash to that destroys the EU it's their own fault. They wilfully chose not to see that Nuland's plan was to destabilise and destroy Europe, dismantle the EU, sink the euro, end the eurozone, secure American Supremacy.

Did they not get the "Fuck the EU" memo ? Did they think the plan had changed ?

> You can see Ukraine becoming more and more of an issue though. We
> got pissed off with them ages ago, Trump says he'll end the war - and
> if that meant in Ukraine's favour it would mean immediately starting
> a new war with Russia so that seems unlikely. Poland says they're
> withdrawing and Slovakia's likey new government (elections next week)
> apparently isn't keen on supporting Ukraine.

There are plenty of countries who don't support Ukraine, dislike Ukrainian fascism as much as Putin does, as everyone should.

Not everyone believes they are duty bound to sacrifice their own lives to save Ukrainian lives, are willing to destroy their own countries just to save Ukraine.

Especially when they recognise Ukraine isn't the bastion of democracy, freedom, liberty and tolerance those who want War on Russia pretend it is.

These aren't innocent nuns being ravaged by ruffians. These are fascists who tried to ethnically cleanse the east who are now fucked because the east's bigger brother has arrived on the scene to give them a well deserved comeuppance.

I have some sympathy because Ukraine was played by Obama and again by Biden, but not a lot. If they hadn't embraced fascism, supported ethnic cleansing, there would never have been cause for Russia to exercise her international obligation to protect.

> The war is very slow-moving, really coming down to both sides
> launching terrorist attacks on each other in a war of attrition
> rather than specific objectives. That's partly to do with their
> backers not wanting to set off WW3 as much as a lack of strength on
> Ukraine's part. That means Ukraine's allies can't afford a slow war
> and are afraid of a fast war. Russia is already starting to dig in
> for the waiting game.

Russia has already won. Russia is holding the land she wants to hold, protecting the people she set out to protect. Mission Accomplished.

Okay, not completely won, because Ukrainians haven't accepted that, keep trying to take those lands back, and it's now tit-for-tat with Ukraine attacking Russian lines, Russia firing missile barrages back in return.

It's now a question of who can keep this up the longest.

Most experts and analysts accept that Russia is far more likely to win that war of attrition.

Which has countries asking why they are pouring billions down the drain which could be used to improve their own citizen's lives. The outcome will be the same whether they do or don't.

It's the foundation of Trump's peace plan; why drag this out and harm ourselves when we can accept what the outcome will ultimately be today. It's pragmatic surrender, cheaper and better to surrender now than surrender later.

I accept surrender is not great, means handing Russia a victory.

But we knew this when we started. Knew there could be no victory for ourselves, because Russia wouldn't allow that, it's victory for them or World War III and the end of humanity.

It was stupid to play the game and one has to wonder why we ever did, why we allowed ourselves to be suckered by Biden.

Biden doesn't care if Ukraine loses, that was the sacrifice planned all along. Any cost and notional loss to America is far outweighed in achieving Biden's goal of destroying Europe, securing American Supremacy.

And we let him. We lost as soon as we jumped aboard the suicide bus Biden provided for us.

Ukraine, Europe, Russia - It doesn't doesn't matter who wins or loses. That's not what this is about.

As much as I hate Nuland I still think she's a fucking genius. Who else could have sold us an American war on Europe as a European war on Russia ?

I actually hate the suckers who fell for that more than I hate Nuland. She is expected to work in America's interests, against ours, but our leaders were meant to protect us, not say okay, we're with you, we'll help you destroy us.

Poland, Hungary, Latvia and others could see the game being played. Why couldn't we ?

Re: Poland pivots on Ukraine

<20230921141121.00004e25@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11328&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11328

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 14:11:21 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 13:11 UTC

On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 13:27:46 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> As much as I hate Nuland I still think she's a fucking genius. Who
> else could have sold us an American war on Europe as a European war
> on Russia ?
>
> I actually hate the suckers who fell for that more than I hate
> Nuland. She is expected to work in America's interests, against ours,
> but our leaders were meant to protect us, not say okay, we're with
> you, we'll help you destroy us.

I suppose it's a bit different for the UK because we have long been the 51st State, believe that's our destiny, hate the EU and the thought of European supremacy as much as America does.

We thus get the same gains from damaging ourselves to destroy Europe and the EU as America does, with the bonus of America patting us on the head.

We are therefore more up for that than America is, which is why we were the first to provide tanks, missiles and weapons the US were reluctant to hand over. Plus we aren't half as afraid of being annihilated in a nuclear Armageddon as America is.

I imagine most Brits would be up for World War III.

Two world wars and one world cup, do-dah, do-dah - Remember Agincourt - Remember the Falklands !

Re: Poland pivots on Ukraine

<20230921170506.00002567@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11331&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11331

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 17:05:06 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 16:05 UTC

On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 10:24:30 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> One of Ukraine's staunchest allies, Poland, has said it is no longer
> supplying weapons to its neighbour, as a diplomatic dispute over
> grain escalates.

https://www.politico.eu/article/poland-ukraine-grain-dispute-talks/

<quotes>

Poland and Ukraine said they are ready to start negotiations "in the coming days" to resolve their dispute over imports of Ukrainian grain.

</quotes>

I'm not sure how that's going to work as it's EU diktat that Poland, Hungary and Slovakia, have to accept Ukrainian grain.

If Ukraine hadn't insisted they comply with that diktat, hadn't launched legal action to force all three to do so, Zelensky hadn't bad mouthed them all in public, there might not have been a retaliation.

It's a shooting themselves in the foot which they might find difficult to recover from. Especially as it once again highlights Ukrainian lack of gratitude.

Zelensky's attack on Trump for his peace plan, criticism that America isn't doing enough, won't have done him any favours on the right.

It's played straight into the hands of Republicans and others who believe support for Ukraine needs to be reined-in.