From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Fox suspended
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:13:00 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 10:13 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66932538

<quotes>

GB News has suspended host Laurence Fox after he denigrated a journalist and asked what "self-respecting man" would "climb into bed" with her.

He then added: "Who'd want to shag that?"

The broadcaster distanced itself from Fox's comments shortly after they were aired, with a statement describing the remarks as "totally unacceptable".

GB News said it would formally apologise to Evans.

Host Dan Wootton, who could be seen laughing at points as Fox spoke, issued two statements apologising on X, calling the remarks "totally unacceptable" and saying he had reacted "out of shock".

</quotes>

Wooten is lying, just trying to save his own skin. MailOnline had already suspended him and it's surprising GB News hasn't. It's hilarious to see him complain about "dark forces", witch hunts and Cancel Culture when it's him and GB News who indulge in that.

Re: Fox suspended

<20230927163426.00001df2@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11381&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#11381

From: the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Fox suspended
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 16:34:26 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 15:34 UTC

On Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:13:00 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66932538
>
> <quotes>
>
> GB News has suspended host Laurence Fox after he denigrated a
> journalist and asked what "self-respecting man" would "climb into
> bed" with her.
>
> He then added: "Who'd want to shag that?"
>
> The broadcaster distanced itself from Fox's comments shortly after
> they were aired, with a statement describing the remarks as "totally
> unacceptable".
>
> GB News said it would formally apologise to Evans.
>
> Host Dan Wootton, who could be seen laughing at points as Fox spoke,
> issued two statements apologising on X, calling the remarks "totally
> unacceptable" and saying he had reacted "out of shock".
>
> </quotes>
>
> Wooten is lying, just trying to save his own skin. MailOnline had
> already suspended him and it's surprising GB News hasn't.

It appears they have belatedly done the right thing and suspended Wootton. But to save themselves one imagines, rather than because they should.

Maybe focus on, and scrutiny of, the channel, drawing attention to the vile hatred and far right propaganda which stands in for "news", will have them get their acts together, turn them into a decent and credible broadcaster, but I doubt it, given they have chosen to be a channel of hatred.

Our fascist government wants propaganda channels spouting racist and far right hatred and 'Gammon Brexit News' serves them brilliantly with Wootton, Farage and Rees-Mogg as its star attractions.

If Goebbels was still alive he'd have a comfy job and career running their programming. He'd feel right at home.